Status: In Progress

When Love Marches In

Ch.2

Groans and gasps could be heard from inside the elevator shaft that had stopped in between the fifth and sixth floor from the emergency stop button. Murphy had gotten off and Connor had told him that he'd be back down in a second, he wanted to make sure Jessica got into her apartment safely. It wasn't even ten seconds after the metal box started moving that Connor hit the emergency stop button, Jessica looked at him weird but became shocked when her best friend and crush crashed his lips to hers in a fiery kiss. Jessica's arms instantly wrapped around Connor's neck to bring him closer while his hands roamed over her sides. Connor swallowed Jessica's moans as his hands wandered underneath her shirt, Jess could of swore that her skin was set on fire by his hands. They finally broke the kiss but his lips didn't stay away from her for too long, he had whispered something into her ear in a different language before attacking the side of her neck. Jessica leaned her head to the side, giving a gasp when he gently bit and sucked at her pulse.

"Connor..."

"Aye." Was all he said pushing his body up against hers so she could feel how excited he was.

Her mind went blank after that, Jessica's hands slid down to the hem of Connor's shirt to lift it over his head. Connor's hands gripped the hem of her shirt and ripped it over her head before tossing it to the ground. He pressed his bare chest against her while he went to unfasten Jessica's pants.

"Jess, I need ye lass."

"I need you too..." Jessica gasped out as his hand ghosted over her sensitive lady part.


Jessica bolted up right in her bed breathing heavily and felt a small throb in between her legs. With a defeated sigh she flopped back onto the bed, throwing her arm over her face as she didn't want the dream to end. The only thing that could've triggered that dream was what happened in the elevator last night.

Connor Murphy and Jessica had entered the elevator shaft quietly, the boys knew Jess was pissed so they let her be. When the shaft stopped on the twins' floor, Connor told Murphy he'd be there in a second. Murphy nodded and said his goodbye to Jess before walking off. Jessica pressed the sixth floor button but Connor pressed the emergency stop.

"What are you doing?"

"Jus' wanted te talk te ye real quick."

"There's nothing to talk about Connor. I just want to get to my apartment and sleep." She responded back, getting ready to hit the emergency button to make the elevator shaft continue.

"Yes t'ere is." Connor stated, gently grasping Jess' arm and putting it back to her side. "I know I probably went a little overboard. 'nd I'm sorry. I shouldn't 'ave."

She just gave him a blank stare, Jessica didn't mean to come across as cold hearted but she was tired and shocked that her crush could actually be inhumane.

"Jessica, lass..." He started then stopped as he rested his hands on the side of her neck with his thumbs gently brushing over her cheeks. "I'm really sorry...will ye fergive me?"

She could've swore heart heart skipped a few beats, Connor's face was so close to hers that Jessica could feel his breath on her face and smell the alcohol. And looking into his tired blue eyes, all her defenses were torn down.

"I forgive you." She finally said as she tried to keep her voice steady and not pitchy from how close Connor was.

Then Connor flashed that one smile that could melt bones if you stared too long. He brought his hands away from Jess then hit the button to start the elevator up again. "T'ank ye Jess."

The shaft finally stopped at her floor, Connor opened the grate then escorted Jessica to her apartment door. Once she got it unlocked she twisted the knob and the door came open.

"Night Connor."

"Nigh' Jess."

As she entered the apartment her mind was screaming for Connor to grab her arm and kiss her good night...but it never happened. When Jessica turned around she saw Connor wave to her before heading back to the elevator shaft. Closing and locking the door she leaned against it with a sigh before dropping everything to the floor and flopping onto the bed.


Hearing what sounded to be like running water below her, Jessica got up to see if the boys wanted to get breakfast with her. Slipping in to some clean clothes she grabbed her purse before heading out the door. Jess was about to hit the fifth floor button but her phone started going off. Pulling it out of her purse, Doc's name flashed across the screen so she hit the green button.

"What's up Doc?" She asked with a chuckle.

"Glad I caught ye. T-t-the boys are at St. Mary's."

"What do you mean? It sounded like their shower was on..." Jessica answered with confusion stitched into her voice.

"They just called me from St. Mary's. Said they had something f-f-for me to go pick up. Fuck! Ass!"

"I'll go down there to see what's going on then I'll stop by to tell you okay?"

"Alright lass. And the FBI's out looking for them."

They said their goodbyes as Jessica hit the ground level button. Once the elevator hit the ground level she dashed out of the building, down the street and to St. Mary's to see what was going on. When Jessica finally made it to the doors she rested her hands on her knees to catch her breath before finally entering the facility's emergency room.

"How can I help you ma'am?" The receptionist asked.

"There should be two guys here. Twins with an accent...like an Irish accent. Got a call from them saying they were here."

"Oh yes, if you go down that hall it's the second swinging door on your right."

"Thank you." Jess said before dashing down in the direction the receptionist said.

After passing the first set of doors she looked through the window of the second set of doors to see them in their bath robes entertaining a child. Jessica gasped lightly when she realized there was blood all over their robes and they were bandaged up. Pushing the swinging doors open she went right to them.

"What happened to you two?"

"Where's Doc?" Murphy asked sliding off the gurney as Connor bent down to get something.

"Change of plans. Told him I'd come see you. Now what the he-" She stopped herself noting that there were nuns around. "...what the heck happened to you two?"

"We're alive." Connor said with a big gift bag in his arms.

"Connor. Murphy. The FBI apparently went to McGinty's to find out what happened. What are you going to do?" She hissed quietly.

"We oughta turn ourselves in, tell him t'was self-defense." Connor explained.

Jessica's heart dropped when Connor spoke those words. Yeah, it was the right thing to do for whatever they done...but she didn't want to see her long time crush who she'd been dreaming of hours ago to be in prison, she'd never be able to see Connor or his brother again.

"Everyt'ing alrigh' lass?" Murphy asked noticing the sad look in Jessica's eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She said plastering a fake smile on her face.

"If ye say so. Lass, ye t'ink ye can do us a favor?"

"That depends." She eyed Murphy and Connor.

"Jus' hold on ta t'is, take it ta McGinty's." Connor said handing the bag off to Jessica. "We're gonna come back fer it when we ge' out."

If you get out. Jessica thought sadly.

"Alright. Hope to see you two soon." She said giving them a hug.

"Ye will Jess." Connor reassured.

She finally stepped away from them to walk back through the doors. Jessica waved to the twins and offered a smile to the boy that they were playing with moments ago before walking through the doors to leave the hospital. Once outside the hospital curiosity got the better of Jessica and she peeked into the bag, what she saw made her gasp. There were guns, a couple of things of jewelry and a few rolls of cash. What the fuck did these two do after they got to the apartment last night? Shaking her head, Jessica closed the bag back up and headed to McGinty's. When she got there the television was on and the anchor was talking about two mobsters being killed in an alleyway.

"You've got to be kidding me!? Those two done that!?"

The few patrons that were in the bar jumped from Jessica's outburst. She shook her head again walking behind the bar to put the bag under the bar top.

"Are t-t-they okay?"

"As okay as they'll ever be." She sighed. "The two Russians that came in last night that are on TV right now, the twins did it." Jessica whispered.

"But h-h-how? You three were together when you went home. Fuck! Ass!"

"I know. Something must've happened between the time I fell asleep to the time I woke up. They're saying it was self-defense. Which I believe."

"W-w-what's in the bag?" Doc asked motioning to the gift bag that Jessica put under the bar top.

"You don't want to know. They told us to hang onto it...guess when they get released they're going to come pick it up."

"The boys better n-n-not try to get into anymore t-t-trouble. Fuck! Ass!"

"I'm wishing that too." Jessica said with a sigh. "Doc, do you mind if I go to the spare room to take a nap?"

"Not at all. I'll wake you when you're shift starts."

"Thanks Doc." Jessica said giving him a hug before walking to the stairs. "And if it gets busy before my shift starts, come wake me and I'll help out." With that she went upstairs to think over the events and try to take a nap, if her brain would allow it.