Plastic Cups

basic bitches

“Holy shit Emma, what’s the one rule.” Carey yelled over the music, gesturing violently with her plastic cup. “What’s the one god damned rule Emma?” Emma had enough sense to look bashful, before grabbing the arm of the guy she had brought to the party.

“Come on Carey, he’s chill I swear -” She pleaded before Carey interrupted her.

“No, fucking fish Emma. One fucking rule Emma, God. No, stop talking to me, you’re too sober and I’m too drunk I can’t.” Carey finished with a flourish of her cup before grabbing Emma by the arm and hauling her in the direction of the kitchen, but not before waving a hand in front of Emma’s plus one. “Whoop, where the hell are you going?” He opened his mouth to respond, “I don’t care. Jesus you look like a baby.” Carey said as she grabbed his chin in her hand. “Are you even legal? I don’t care, don’t answer that. Go home, fish stink up the atmosphere.” She said before swishing away with Emma in hand.

“You didn’t have to be so mean, he was really sweet.”

“He’s twelve and you need to stop trying to fuck the jail bait Em.”

“He’s nineteen Carey.”

“Same difference, oh look, alcohol. The answer to all of life’s problems.” Carey grabbed two shot glasses. “Since you’re such a basic bitch, I’ll only make you take vodka.” She commented before pouring. Emma laughed as she tossed it back before handing it back to Carey to refill.

“Where’s Will?” Emma asked, taking the drink from Carey.

“Out of my life, that’s where.” Carey said, Emma raised her eyebrows preparing to ask, but Carey shook her head. “No, no, no. Babe, tonight is about drinking to forget my inane daddy issues and my inability to ever trust anyone. Trust me.” Carey said as she clinked the plastic shot glasses together. “Tomorrow, after the hangover.” Carey promised, and Emma grinned in return.