The devoted heart

Surprise, Surprise

I sat down on the bed throwing my bag of clothes on the floor. Nathan closed the door behind him and looked around. We got a fairly small room along with the tiniest bathroom anyone could possibly imagine. I jumped off the bed and went into the bathroom switching on the flickering light, which was spooky in it's own sort of way.

"Nathan.." I shouted from inside. Nathan walked over and poked his head round the door.

"You called?" he asked with a small smile. I nodded and began running the shower.

"I'm gonna shower ok, do you need the toilet before I jump in?" He shook his head and gave me a small smile before he closed the door. I smiled and stripped down, jumping into the steaming shower.

It felt so good in the shower. The steaming hot water hitting against my frozen body. I was just reaching over to get the shower gel when a huge, enormous, GIGANTIC hairy looking spider crawled across the counter. I grabbed the towel as fast as I could and screamed like I'd never screamed before. I hopped out of the shower and ran to the opposite corner of the room. Just as the door flung open.

"STACY.. Stacy what's wrong..?" I pointed in the shower and shivered slightly.

"There's a monster of a spider in there. There's about 500 legs hanging off of it. Oh kill it.. Please Nate.. please please..?" I half begged jumping around in just my towel . He smirked and pulled back the shower curtain, leaving a small yelp escape his lips as he backed away too.

"What the fuck?" he half shouted. "That's fucking.. Huge!" I nodded my head and shivered again. I was freezing.

"Nathan.. Kill it.." I whined, pulling the towel up around me more.

He grabbed a lot of toilet roll and wrapped it around his hand he then turned off the shower so he wouldn't get wet. He then, like such a hero, grabbed the spider, and threw it down the toilet. Flushing it and smiling bravely at me.

"Now. All gone!" I smiled at him thankfully. He walked out of the bathroom, but popped his head back around the door.

"I suggest you turn down the temperature of the water Stace- you look a bit.. Raw!" I looked down at myself and noticed the redness of my shoulders and chest. I smiled and nodded.

"I will and thanks!" I closed the door and ran the shower again, hanging the towel back up on the hanger and jumped in. I did turn the hot water down, but just a little. I began to wash again and enjoy the relaxing water. After a while I heard the door open. I sighed but continued washing none the less.

"I thought I asked you if you needed the loo.." I spoke, but I got no reply. It didn't faze me so I continued with what I was doing.

About five minutes later I was just about done. So I turned off the shower and grabbed the towel, wrapping it tightly around my body. I pulled back the shower curtain but Nathan wasn't there.

It was Andy from the petrol station. I jumped with surprise, but sound never left my mouth. He smirked at me and pulled me roughly out of the shower.

“Hello again!” He growled into my ear.

"Nathan.." I managed to scream in panic.

"AGAIN? It's just a spider Stacy. Just do what I did and flush it down the toilet." Nathan replied coolly. I whimpered as Andy pushed me against the tiled wall and grabbed my throat.

"Human ha that's interesting.. Well- who are they?" he growled, before looking behind him at the door. I pulled and scratched at his hand as I struggled to free myself from his grasp. He had unhumanly strenght, which wasn't very good considering my head was going to pop off my shoulders any minute.

"Nathan.." I managed to croak in a shaky voice. Andy's grip tightened around my neck. He began to shake me furiously. I was gasping for air and choking. His grip loosed and he glared at me again.

"Who are they?" he growled.

"Who?.. I- I dont know. My.. friends.." I choked out breathlessly. Then I began to cry. The handle of the door fumbled a bit and the door opened. Andy turned around quickly and lifted his hand. The door slammed shut.
I began to cry harder now. The loss of air must have been giving me hallucinations. Nathan banged on the door from the outside and tried to open it again but it didn't budge.

"Stacy.. STACY.. What's going on in there.. Fuck.. I'll get you in just a second. Just.. just hold on..." He must have run for help because the shouted had stopped and then Andy pulled away from me and pointed to the door. I began coughing roughly and gasping for air as I slid down the tiled wall and sat on the cold ground.

"Nathan, your friends. Does he ally with King Reginald the third?" I sank to the ground and cried. I had no idea. King Reginald? Who the fuck is King Reginald? I shrugged my shoulders and cried some more. I didn't think America even had kings?!

A little unsatisfied with my answer Andy pulled me up by the arm and shoved me up against the wall.

"Tell me!" he shouted. "TELL ME.."

"I dont know.." I half shouted back. My hand found my throat I rubbed it gently to try and sooth the pain away.
Suddenly there were two loud bangs and then a crash. The door burst open.

Nathan, Matthew and James all rushed in. They spotted me against the wall. Andy's back was to them. Matthew rushed over and grabbed Andy. He threw him a number of punches and got many in return.

Nathan, Matthew and James all rushed in. Nathan was first to spot me. Andy had me pinned against the wall still, his hand wrapped around my neck in a suffocating mannor. Matthew was the first to react when his eyes landed on me. He rushed over and grabbed Andy ripping him from me as Nathan and James ran to my aid.

"Leaving your girl on her own I see?" Andy asked unfazed by the amount of times Matthew had just hit him..

Matthew sneered and threw him one final punch which sent Andy stumbling backward. He dropped roughly to the floor, landing in an odd position. I was sure he was out cold.. but man was I wrong.
He pushed himself off the floor, not a scratch in sight. He glared, looking from Matthew to me and then back again. A twisted smirk appeared on his face as he winked unattractively at me and then disappeared leaving a pile of ashes on the ground where he once sat.

I was hyperventilating on the floor. Unsure of what way to react to such a sight. Nathan caught me as my knee's gave in. He pulled me close to him, his hand soothingly running through my hair and I, still wrapped in my towel, latched onto his chest for dear life. My breathing was still a little raspy. I was shaking in terror.
What the fuck had just happened?

Matthew looked at me for a second and then wiped the blood from the corner of his lips. He was breathing heavily, but in actuallity he didn't look at all tired. He motioned for Nathan to bring me into the bedroom and walked out, expecting us to follow.

"C'mon I'll get you some clothes so you can change, you'll get sick if you stay in that damp towel." Nathan muttered. I nodded and clung to him as we followed Matthew out of the bathroom and into our small room.

I want an explanation. And a good one at that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it...
Comment and leave me know whether to continue!