I'm Not a Fan of My Father

Drag Queen

"You're joking right?" I looked at my mother.

"I don't think so Belle," mother spoke lightly adding a small laughter.

"Mother, this is not a laughing matter," I said letting out a depressing sigh.

"Belle, it's true, he's your father. I never told you because, well, maybe you won't believe me. That he's your father," looking at the small television set above me.

"You could've told me when I was little. I mean back then, I could careless if anyone was father, as long as I know I had a father. You always told me, dad died fighting in the military when I was six. Now I hear this," I stared at my pale mother as I twitched at the thought of my father. My real father, who didn't die fighting in a war after all.

"I'm sorry I lied Belle, at least now I'll go to heaven free of sins, right?" Mother asked jokingly.

"Still, I can't believe it," I said as I looked at the tv. "That drag queen is my father."

------

When I was six, my mother told me that my dad died in a war. Of course, being naive back then, I believed mother's story. When it came show and tell, I told everyone that my dad can't make it because he's dead. They asked me how he died and I told them straight, he died fighting in the military. Every year it was the same story, until I got to junior high.

It's different when you're in junior high. Nobody cares about who your parents are, all they care about is who's best dressed or who's kind of cute. That's the topic almost every single day. No one noticed me in junior high because I was the nerd. The straight A student, no wait, the straight A student that everyone think is a freak. Luckily, I wasn't one of those nerds who gets bullied in movies or TV shows. I was the nerd who fought back if anyone tried to fuck with me. So no one really wanted to be around my radar.

And then you get to high school. It was the same story in high school, I was still the same straight A student that everyone thought of was the freak. Until I got to Sophomore year, my reputation changed. Sure I was still the straight A student, but I wasn't a freak anymore. I was the straight A student every guy wanted to have sex with. But one thing is for sure, I don't date.

I was the nerd, but everyone thought I'm the hottest thing they ever saw. Most girls wanted to be me, some girls wanted to destroy me, but one thing is the same, all guys wanted to be in bed with me. There are the cliques, but unlike in movies, preps don't rule the school, and the goths are the bottom feeders. Because now, I just changed the laws of high school. Me being a nerd, rules the school.

Funny if you ask me, a single mom and an only child. Everyone would think that I would be depressed because I never knew how my dad looked like or my dad died in a war and never came back. Actually, I'm not the daddy's girl type. I grew up with mom being both my mom and dad, but mostly she was just my mom. Mom raised me well and taught me something that I will never forget.

Just be yourself and don't take anyone's shit.

Now, my whole world will change. Because mother just told me the truth. Dad didn't die in a war. Dad left mother pregnant with me to pursue his own dream. Dad left mother in charge of me. Dad is famous. My real dad is that drag queen on tv that every girl dreams of marrying.

My dad is Gerard Arthur Way.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAHA.

Drag Queen :D