Puzzle of a Misfit

Presents

Today was the day I hated most, my birthday.The third of July didn't seem that bad to anyone else but to me it felt like a reminder of all the tortured days of the past.Even as a child I hated my birthdays, I wouldn't even get a happy birthday of my parents.They would even pay more attention to her just to spite me, it was like a second birthday.

I was determined not to let anyone know about my birthday.Thankfully no one had asked.Not only that I didn't want people to just come up to me saying happy birthday if they didn't even bother to get to know me before.

Luckily today I was going to hang out with Punk.So I changed into a panda jumper and black ripped skinny jeans. I'm so colourful today I thought sarcastically.Grabbing my black combat boots I laced them up.I also threw my long Auburn hair into a ponytail because I was in a rush, I overslept.

Running through the streets I found Punk entering the coffee shop we were supposed to meet at.The only thing that made him recognizable was his cubs hat and his decorated arms.Mentally I sighed with relief ignoring all the looks I got for sprinting down the street and then suddenly stopping.Breathing heavily I opened the door searching for my boyfriend.I Love how that sounds boyfriend, boyfriend and boyfriend.

He was sitting in the corner on his phone waiting for me to arrive.It was kinda cute the way he would look around searching from time to time with this adorable look in his eye.I wonder how he will react to me calling him cute or adorable.The thought of the look on his face made me giggle.Wait, giggle- I never used to giggle, is it normal?

"Next please" the bored barrister drawled like he could care less; which was probably true."Cappuccino and a chocolate chip cookie, please" I said waiting politely yet slightly annoyed they were taking so long.After 2 long minutes that seemed like years since I was just that close to seeing Phil, hurriedly I went over to Phil's table and sat down.They were in the corner of the room so they had more privacy if we got recognized.

Leaning over the table I pecked his lips softly. Surprise shown on his face but he regained confidence by drawing out the kiss tenderly. I pulled away from the blissful kiss that could send butterflies straight into my heart. I smirked enjoying the slightly dazed look on his face.

"Hello Catwoman" I answered the silence, dazzling him with my soft pink lip that were pulled into one of my award winning smirks.The familiar nickname caused him to break out of his spell and mock glare at me "How many times have I told you not to call me that?" he asked me with a fake glare- I knew he wasn't offended because of the happiness that would come in his eye every time I called him that."I've lost count" I grinned enjoying the carefree atmosphere that would happen every time I was around him.Which caused this unknown feeling inside of me to bubble up again.It keeps happening, every time I'm in the same room as him.

All of a sudden he pulled out a bright blue cupcake with a purple candle on it from the seat next to him.A small smile played on my lips as I thanked him, I wonder how he found out.He looked at me weirdly "Do you not like your birthday?" he asked me as if it was the strangest thing in the world."It's just that in the past today wasn't the best" I stated sombrely looking at the cupcake as if it had took my colourful mood."Today is going to be the best birthday in the world" he said confidently with a massive smirk on his face which caused me to roll my eyes.Seeing this he continued in a sing song voice "Well if you're going to be like that I guess Colt is going to have to meet Maroon 5 with me" he pulled out two VIP tickets that included meeting the band.

My mind was spinning unable to process the news.Eventually my inner fan girl was going to come out so I fist bumped the air seeing if my fan girl can stay in but in the end I just gave into my urges.I ran round to the other side of the table and lowered my lips on his in a passionate battle.When I broke away I calmly strolled to my chair with a little smirk on my face like nothing had happened so I just casually started eating my cookie.Glancing up he was looking at me with an amused and another emotion, I'm not sure what it was.The look was somewhere between caring and adoration.And I loved every minute the way he looked at me like that.

He shook his head used to my outbursts of weirdness.We carried on talking, laughing about stories he had on the road.In return I told him some embarrassing stories, we now had tears in our eyes from laughter.We kept getting glares from everyone around us so we are now walking out the door of the cosy cafe.

We decided that we wanted to watch a movie.So we went to my hotel room going through different movies to watch until I found Psycho by Alfred Hitchcock. Even though it was in black in white it was still one of my favourite movies.He agreed when he seen my movie choice because he loves horror movies even the old ones.

Somehow I ended up sitting in between his legs resting my head back onto his chest.Half way through the movie he started playing with my hair which made me want to go sleep.It's a weakness of mine.Just as my eyes fluttered closed I heard something, only a faint whisper but I'm pretty sure I knew what was said "I love you".As I fell in a deep slumber I knew that I felt the same.