Puzzle of a Misfit

Memories & Questions

I woke up ready to start my day off. I was extremely excited since it was rare and I have barely enough time to do some of my other hobbies like photography, drawing or reading comic books. I was also excited because I would be doing Colt Cabana's podcast.Sometimes on the road when I was travelling with different companies I would listen to it but I also knew he was a friend of Phils that made me want to go even more.

So I quickly got changed into ripped jeans, marvel t-shirt and converse. I know I should design for vogue or something, everyone would be so much comfier. I brushed my long reddish-brown hair deciding to keep it down.Luckily I was meeting Punk before I go to the podcast because I have no idea where I am going.

I went in the canteen to meet up with Phil.I quickly got some toast and my daily coffee.How could people live without coffee?Did they have to drink tea instead?My nose wrinkles at thought.For some reason the stereotype of English people liking tea stops at me.Is it genetic?Is there something wrong with me?

I was cut out of my musings when I heard "Yes there is,you should get checked out" a familiar voice said."Ok Dr.Phil what's wrong with me?" I questioned him with a mischievous smile.Instead of answering he flicked a salt packet right on the middle of my forehead.We continued joking and talking not mentioning what I really wanted to talk about.Our near kiss.Was I just imagining that our lips were just centimeters apart?

When we finished our breakfast Phil lead me through Chicago pointing out things on the way.I made a mental note to come at night with my camera.Some places I imagined would look amazing at night.Lit up.After giving me a tour we went to Colt's apartment.
He opened the door much to my excitement."Hey Dr.Phil and Dr.Phil's lover" he wiggled his eyebrows making both me and Phil blush."No I am Batman's lover" I protested childishly hoping he didn't see our blushes."Whatever you say.Come in tomatoes" he opened the door bowing.On the way in Phil playfully punched him in the arm.In return he received a funny face which turned out to be crossed eyes with his tongue pulled out.I giggled at his antics and walked inside following Phil to the living room which had microphones set up along with a laptop.I made a mental note to try not to trip over any of the wires.

"Ready for the best interview of your life" Colt smirked sitting on the couch."For the first interview of my life yep" I stated kind of nervous but excited."Hopefully you won't have to suffer through another interview with him" Phil said with a straight face but I knew from his eyes he was teasing me."Don't be like that you know I'm your favorite everything" Colt teased him with mock hurt."Are you cheating on Kofi?Don't worry Colt we can stick together" I dramatically mocked Phil but all we got in reply was him rolling his eyes muttering to himself how he regretted putting us in the same room.

Colt started his podcast with his usual advertisements and blah blah blah.Me and Phil were putting him off a couple times by making funny faces, putting random things on his head or holding his nose so he would speak funny.So we were trying to control our laughter while Colt was balancing several things on his head. I don't even know how we put that many things on his head.

He finally introduced me telling me I had to say something to let people know I'm there so like any normal person would I said "Hello strangers".Punk and Colt just chuckled leading Colt to say "By the way the other laugh was Punk he's joining us for this podcast too" "I feel honored" I cheekily smiled at him."Don't make his head any bigger it's already big enough.So anyways what's it like to finally be in WWE?" he questioned "Well it's different than other companies I've worked for, it's a lot more commercialized" I answered going over my memories carefully."Is that a bad or a good thing?" Colt questioned curious, both him and Phil were waiting intently for my answer."I feel like I'm on trial or something.Are interviews always like this?But I think it's both.Good because more people will get to see me wrestle and it opens the sport to different audiences but bad that there isn't enough stipulation matches or divas that can actually wrestle instead of just being a pretty face" I stated confidently.

"Do think there are any divas back there that are a challenge?" Colt questioned "Maybe AJ, Kaitlyn or Naomi" I answered with my signature smirk in place "I taught you well protégé" Phil commented with a smirk on his face too."Protégé?" Colt questioned us amused. I replied with a shrug saying "He thinks he's the reason for my kick-ass abilities" Phil retaliated with an even more confident expression stating "I am"."Yeah because 4 training sessions is going to magically help me" I retorted rolling my eyes "It will because I am the best in the world" Phil replied. "Yeah, I'm batman" I countered looking him in the eyes enjoying his playful nature, I could see he was enjoying it too."I totally ship it" caused us to look at Colt questioning him silently to explain "What should your ship name be Munk, Punkfit or Madhil, I can't decide". We just continued to stare at him blankly even though I'm pretty sure both our cheeks turned pink.

Couple of other questions passed mostly fun ones that had to with my experiences in different countries like Japan, Mexico and England. I had to let them down gently that I don't drink tea because naturally them assumed because of the stereotype.Colt kept teasing us telling us that we should just get married because we were so similar.

"You've risen so quickly in WWE, why do you think you went to the top so fast?" Colt questioned me yet again."It's because I made a promo and said what was on everyone's minds about the divas division. I mean they must have been pretty shocked to see me walk in the ring in pretty much my everyday clothes and then actually kick-ass then being good on the mic too.So it was the mic that made me as popular as I am I mean Phil is right when he said that mic is power" I answered with Phil humming agreement I continued "If I didn't have that microphone then the same matches would start again the ones that wouldn't even last a minute".
After that a few more questions were asked but not much I soon left with Punk we were just walking around.Until I realized what I wanted to do earlier "Do you want to take some pictures with me?" I asked him nervously "Sure" he nodded.

We walked for awhile talking, goofing around stopping every so often to take a picture.We ended up on the hotel roof where we sat over the edge dangling our feet of the edge talking about random things that popped into our minds."How did you get into photography?" he asked taking my camera glancing through the pictures I've took."I don't know I think I picked it up from my Grandad" I replied softly.From my tone I knew I gave away what happened to him "I'm sorry" Phil said in a comforting tone pulling me closer to him so I was resting my head on his shoulder."It's not your fault" I said snuggling into the warmth he was providing.He got my camera facing the lens towards us taking a picture."I wasn't ready" I replied in a childish tone "You still look beautiful anyway" he countered brushing hair behind my ear, making my heart skip a beat.

He silently walked away to his hotel room, leaving me on the roof with my camera smiling like an idiot. I looked at the recently taken picture and smile. I look at peace, happy which has never happened before in a picture; they were all forced happiness.My thumb gently grazed his face realizing that he was the cause of my new found happiness, my missing piece in my puzzle. I no longer could deny my growing feelings. I knew one thing for sure that I would never delete this photo.