Status: Comments = faster updates! I like to know who likes what from this story.

Savior

Little Talks

Matt's POV

I awake with a start, sitting up and looking around for Val. That dream had felt so real, that she was here, sleeping next to me that was once our bed, in our home. I place my head in my hands as I feel the headache start. I sigh, throwing my feet over the edge of the Californian king, and opening the drawer to the nightstand. Shuffling though various scraps of paper I finally find the Advil bottle, popping it open and dumping two in my hand. I toss them back, grabbing the bottle of liquor off the nightstand and taking a large swig, letting the burn wash the small blue meds down my throat. I set the bottle back in its previous place, making note on how much I drank last night.

Almost a whole 5th of Daniel's

Damn.

Every morning I go through the same fucking routine, and every morning I swear I'm going to change, forget about the bitch that's ruining my life, and move on. But every night's the same, the guys and their girls leave and I wallow in self-pity, and drive to the nearest liquor store to drown out my thought of her.

I sigh, falling back onto the bed, the stench of the after effects of my drinking hit my nostrils hard. Shaking my head I look for my phone under the mounds of pillows that she had to have. Finding the small piece of technology I hit the center button, bringing up all the missed notifications.

3 Voice-mails.
Missed call from Brian 10:04 am
Missed call from Brian 10:03 am

Text from Brian
-Dude, wake the fuck up. Let's go to the gym.

Missed call from Kemp.
I eye the screen, making sure that I read the name right.

Plain as day it read her name.

How the fuck is her number still in my phone? How did I not notice that it was? I haven't spoke to her in years, plus I've had several new phones since then.
Sighing I press the voicemail and hit the speaker button.

You have 3 unheard messages. First unheard message:

"H-hey Matt, I honestly hope you remember me. It's Kemper Daniels, the girl from Ohio a few years back. I-I was just wanting to get a hold of you over something im-important, that just came up.
She pauses and sighs "No scratch that, not just, b-but still, you get what I'm saying. I really need your help with this right now" She sighs once more. I can almost feel how nervous she was over the phone "If you could please give me a call back, I would really appreciate it. My whole fucking world is counting on it"

End of message.

I shake my head as I hit the repeat button, playing the message over and over, letting it sink in. What the fuck could she be calling me for? Wasn't she the one ignored me all those times of me trying to get a hold of her?

Why the fuck should I call her back?

Those five days in Ohio have been some of the greatest days of my life and solely, I thoughtknow she was the reason. She had the most bubbly, kind personality I had ever come across. I had actually thought that when Val and I had split the first time that she was the one who would get me over her, and to be honest, she did. Then she dropped me all together. I would text and call for months and get nothing in return. Then Val started coming back around due to the fact the Brian had a fling with her sister. So when she asked if I wanted to get back together, I did. That day forward, I hadn't sent her a single text.
But the way she had sounded on the phone was nothing like her. She sounded tired and let down. Like everything she had was just ripped from her.

The phone starts blaring its stupid Opening tune that almost every person who owns an Iphone has set as their ringtone. Snapping out of my thoughts I see Brian's name flash across the screen.

I hit the small green circle before bringing it up to my ear.

"I've been trying to get a hold of you for the last 2 hours!" he shouts through the speaker.

"Get the fuck outta here, you called me 15 minutes ago"

"And you didn't answer my call?" He took in a distressed breath "Matthew I am offended!"

"You sound like my mother" I say through a yawn.

"Still, you're the one who didn't call me back, fucker"

"I was listening to the voicemails when I got sidetracked"

"By what?" he asks, losing all of his humor.

"I just got a weird phone call"

"Matthew if was an eerie voice muttering something about seven days we need to get every TV out of your house, like now"

"Dude, I'm being completely serious here” I sigh dragging my hand down my face "You remember that girl from Ohio?"

"The one that you sat around and moped on for about a month for?"

"Bullshit"

"You did to, at least then you could still function, now you're just a fucking drunk" He mutters "Get a grip man" Ignoring him I continued on.

"She called me last night"

"What did she want?"

"To be completely honest, I have no idea. All she said to me was that 'something came up and to please call her back'" I say thinking back to the call.

"You gonna call her?" Syn asks, almost sounding hopeful.

"I might, she sounded really desperate man. Her last words were 'my whole fucking world is counting on it"

"Not telling you what to do man, and not that she seemed like that kind of chick, but if she's askin' for money, don't give it to her"

"You don't say" I mumble "I get what you're saying though, I just don't see it being about that"

"Then get the fuck off the phone and call her pussy" Brian says before the line goes dead.

'Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.' I mutter underneath my breath before I pull the phone away from my ear, looking at the call log.

There's her name clear as day.

I sigh, before tapping her name and bringing the phone up to my ear, waiting for her to pick up.
Kemp's POV

Now everybody, have you heard, if you're in the game
Then the stroke's the word
Don't take no rhythm,
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin',
Grab-


"Honey isn't that your phone?" My mom asks me from her spot on the play in the middle of the floor. I pull my attention from the nurse I was talking to and listen to the ringtone. It was Matt's that I had set years ago when we were rocking out to it in my truck.

"There's that call I need to take" I rush to get it not wanting to miss the only time he might call.

Grace, the nurse nods and says she'll be back in a little bit. I grab the ringing phone and rush out the door, answering the call as soon as I hit the corridor looking for the waiting room I used just mere hours ago.

"Hello?" I answer, hoping that the call wouldn't drop, or he didn't hang up already.

"Kemper?" I hear Matt's deep voice come through my speaker.

"Yeah, I - uh - got your voicemail about a half hour" He stops before sighing "It sounded pretty serious so I figured I should return the call

"First off I want to start off by saying that I want to thank you so much for calling me back, I
honestly didn't think you were going to. Secondly, I know I haven't picked up when you called or messaged me all those times because honestly I thought you didn't want to speak to me ever." I say quickly, but confidently. I had only rehearsed my side of this conversation over about 100 times since last night.

"Why would you think that?" He asks confused "Why would I have been so adamant about getting a hold of you?"

"I know what you mean, but you got to understand this from my side" I sigh, my words loosing me. "Please understand that by me calling I'm not asking for your money, I'm asking for something else, and it's up to you if you wanted to help or not"

"Okay?" He asks not sure of what to say.

"I also want to say that once you help you don't have to be a part of this, you can leave and go back to your probably awesome rock star life back in Cali. From here on out it would be your choice to be a part of something like this" I ramble. I hear him sigh as I pause.

"Just spit it out Kemp, you don't have to be nervous about this"

"Fine" I inhale a breath "You have a son, he's two - and he is very sick." I take his silence as a sign to go on "You see, I had thought he was Eric's. The OBGYN and I did the math when dates added up, Ezekiel had less than a one percent chance of being yours. But a recent blood test had proven that Eric is not his father. I know that you two were the only two within that span of time. I know Matt that if Eric is not the father, you are" I stop, not knowing what else to say. I almost asked if he was still on the line when he started talking.

"You said he was sick" he pauses "What's wrong with him"

"Long story short" I mutter looking for the words "He has a blood disorder called, Thalassemia, and in the recent days the blood transfusions haven't been working, his liver is shutting down and his kidneys are on the brink, and to be completely honest" I pause as a feel a wet splutter on my hand in my lap. I bring my hand up hastily wiping at the tears. "I think his lungs may be next."

"And you need me for-?" he trails off not knowing where to go with the question.

"Ezekiel needs a bone marrow transplant. None of my family, including myself, are a match but you may be. If you’re not, then he gets placed on a recipient list and waits until his match is found, could be a few days, could be weeks, and to be 100% with you Matt, the doctors and I don’t think we have weeks” I say as I choke back a sob.

"I'll call you back in a little while, I have to process this" he mumbles through his receiver.

"I know you do" I sigh "but I just want to stress we don't have a lot of time"

"I understand that Kemp" he sighs "I just need a few hours, I'll talk to you then"

"Okay" I pause "And Matt?" I ask hoping he was still on the line.

"Yeah?" I hear his gruff voice.

"I can tell you how thankful I am that you called back. But I'll let you go"

He mumbles a 'you're welcome' before the line went dead.

She sighs standing up and looking to the poster of Jesus.

Muttering a quite prayer under my breath I turn from the waiting room, off to spend time with my special little boy, which may not have too much time before he is actually in the hands of the man on that poster.
♠ ♠ ♠
OHMYGOSH! I actually Comments!
and Subscribers!!
And Recommendations!
You guys are the best!

Well, anywho here's a new chapter! Don't be a silent reader!!

Also thank you to NikkiFoxy8 and wilda73 for commenting!
and thank you to Samantha_r0se, NikkiFoxy8, and carnialkey for recommending!

thanks!
Mo.