Stronger Than You

Safer to Hate Her

June 1st, 2009

"Ember Rose Gaskarth!"

Said female looked up from her books, puffing a strand of hair out of her face. Her brow furrowed in irritation as her twin brother and his best friend, Jack Barakat, flopped onto her bed. Luckily she was sprawled across the floor, where she normally was when she studied. The dark haired girl rolled her eyes as the two boys laid on their backs and hung their heads over the side of the bed.

"All the blood is going to rush to your head." She stated, focusing her attention back onto her books. She had been out of college for a few weeks, just barely starting her summer, and still had her face buried in her studies. "And I'm not going to help you when you get a headache."

Alex huffed. "You're the worst twin sister ever. What happened to being able to feel when your twin is in pain?"

Jack laughed. "I think that's only when one of you is, like, almost dying."

She rolled her eyes. These boys were insane. How she'd managed to handle them together the past few years was beyond her. Of course, most of the time, they were on tour and she was in school. Her and her twin were as polar opposite as day and night. While they were in high school, he focused all his attention on girls and his band. Whereas she was the studious bookworm. Of course, they still supported each other, no matter what.

She remembered the first time she did actually tour with the boys. She went on their very first tour, straight out of high school. They were all crammed in a fifteen seat tour bus and she was the only girl, besides her mother. It was, by far, the best and worse experience of her life. And she would never change it for the world.

"Hey. Ember! Earth to Ember!" Jack called, snapping his fingers in her face. "You blanked on us."

She blushed, narrowing her eyes at the boy. He knew she hated being snapped at. He simply grinned at her. She rolled her eyes again, focusing back onto her books. She did a whole lot of eye rolling when she was around these two. Zack and Rian were a lot more sane. She was very grateful for that fact, because she didn't know if her mental state would have lasted this long if they had been just as crazy as Alex and Jack. Especially when she ever did go on tour with them.

Which is why they were here, she thought.

"What do you guys want?" She urged, sighing internally at the thought of them asking her to go with them. It wasn't that she didn't like to go on tour with them. She just had so much to do before her next semester of college. "I really need to keep studying."

Jack blew a raspberry. "You're so boring, flower."

She scrunched her nose up and stuck her tongue out, only breaking the face when her stomach growled. He knew she hated that nickname. But, she could never stay mad at Jack. As much as he got on her nerves, he was just as much her best friend as he was Alex's. And he definitely took advantage of that sometimes.

"Seriously though. We want you to go on tour with us. You do most of your studies online anyways. We'll have internet on the bus." Alex stated, poking his lower lip out at her. Which prompted Jack to do the same. "Please! You'll get to meet our tour manager. Every time we plan for you to meet him, stuff comes up. Whether on your end or his. But now we have a chance for you two to meet."

She huffed, pulling herself out of her floor. She admits that she had been wishing to spend a little more time with her brother. The boys were technically on their third full length album and she had been meaning to go with them for a while. They were always begging her to go with them, but school was more important and it was always so crazy and hectic.

"When do we leave?"

The boys cheered, jumping off the bed and dancing in her room. She frowned at the two, but waited patiently off to the side as they attempted to calm down. Which, let her tell you, is definitely a feat. The amount of energy those two held in their lanky bodies was kind of ridiculous. She yelped when her door opened behind her and a hand landed on her shoulder.

Zack smiled down at the small girl as she frowned up at him. "I see they convinced you to go with us?"

She nodded, smiling a little at the quiet bassist. He was definitely her favorite of the boys if she didn't have to choose her brother or Jack. He was always so quiet and patient. He was her first love and, though it didn't work out, she knew he was always there for her when she needed him. It was tough finding peace of mind in her household, what with Alex and Jack always being loud, but he was always her calm in the storm.

"But they won't tell me when we leave so I can pack." She pouted, watching the two idiots continue to hop around her apartment bedroom. "Do you know? And do you know who all is going to be on tour? I've only met your band. And I had no choice in that matter."

He laughed. "Don't worry. You have a week. You're gonna want to change for tonight though. We're meeting up with everyone for dinner, so everyone has a chance to meet and catch up. It's You Me At Six, Mayday Parade, and Pierce the Veil."

Her eyes grew wide as three of her favorite bands were named off. "Holy shit."

**

Alex and Jack had finally calmed down and she shoved the three out of her room so she could shower and get dressed. As soon as she deemed herself decent in the shower, she shut the water off and wrapped herself in her soft towel and went to her make up and started heating up her curling iron. Turning on her music, she grinned when Pierce the Veil's She Makes Dirty Words Sound Pretty started playing.

"If you call me at all, don't tell me that I'm ordinary!"

"Wow, you sound even better than Vic." Zack piped up, scaring the small girl.

"Zackary Merrick!" She screeched, gripping her towel tightly to her chest. "That is not funny!"

"I think it's hilarious.
♠ ♠ ♠
Studying

Dinner

Hey guys. Yeah, I'm a terrible person for starting a new story without finishing my others. But, I'm working on those. They're gonna get done...eventually.