Status: New Co-Write!

I'll Make You Fall in Love

01

Pushing my reading glasses back up my nose, I put down my battered copy of Of Mice and Men as my best friend, Elsie, approached my table in the cafeteria. "Hey Els," I smiled, taking my bag off of the spare seat, making room for her to sit down. I stuffed Of Mice and Men back inside my shoulder bag, placing it carelessly on the floor by my feet, kicking the bag under the table so I didn't trip on it later, cause knowing me, I would do just that. I was clumsy, a bit of a hazard to myself and others, really.

Elsie smiled and dumped her bag down on the floor, sitting in the spare seat next to mine. "Hey Rosie," She put an arm around me, squeezing me lightly before letting go of my shoulders. "Nice glasses." She giggled, getting her notepad out of her backpack, taking her pen from behind her ear. I know she had English coursework to do, and Elsie was always eager to begin on work. She was one of the top students in the school, and there was no denying she was bright.

"Thank you." I laughed, taking off my glasses to clean them on my shirt. I only needed them for reading, so it's not like they were that important to my every day vision. I looked up, and that's when I noticed him, walking through the cafeteria door with his friends. My breath got caught in my throat and I swallowed hard, my heart beating harder as I put my glasses back on. He became focused again and I blushed, seeing he had his girlfriend on his arm. Liam Payne was one of the most beautiful boys I had ever seen. He was built with muscle, he was athletic and took up sports like boxing and football. His hair was shaved at the sides and styled in to a quiff with gel, and nobody pulled it off better.

I quickly looked down as he looked at me.

"Are you staring at Liam again?" Elsie asked quietly, smiling to herself, looking up from her work as Liam and his gang sat on the table opposite to where Elsie and I were sat. I nodded at her, both of us discreetly looking up. Elsie's eyes may as well have turned to hearts when she laid eyes on Liam's right hand man, Harry. Harry noticed us staring and waved at us, making Elsie drop her pen from shock. As I got up to get it, I tripped over my own right foot and grabbed the table for support. I could feel my cheeks turning red as I turned to Elsie, who had her hand over her mouth to stifle her giggles. I laughed and picked up her pen, throwing it at her as I tried to contain my giggles too.

"It's not funny." I mumbled to her through my laughter, pushing my glasses up the bridge of my nose again, neatening the plait that my hair was tied in to. I noticed Liam staring from the corner of his eye, looking away when I looked up and composed myself. I sat down again - my bum nearly missing the chair - and I kept my head against the table. Who was I kidding? He'd never notice me. I was what people considered to be geeky and he was a boxer, dating the captain of the cheer team. And she was beautiful, and I was just me.

"I'm going to the library, are you coming?" I asked Elsie, who nodded, grabbing her bag. I picked up my shoulder bag and flung it over my shoulder, walking out of the cafeteria with my best friend by my side, feeling several pairs of eyes on us. Once we were out of the cafeteria, I turned to face Elsie with a sigh.

"You know what we need, Els? A love potion. Then Harry and Liam could be ours." I joked, walking ahead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Welcome to mine and Esther's new story! We're both pretty pumped to be starting this one. Obviously it features the lovely Harry Styles and Liam Payne.

If you're interested to see where it's going, please click subscribe! Comments are also really appreciated. Thank you, lovelies!

Effy x