Status: So Active Even I Can't Believe It

I Want to Complicate You

Chapter 7

It's strange to think that nearly a month went by. That so much drama was packed into those few weeks and a week after it ended everything returned to how it was at the beginning of tour. The atmosphere felt lighter. I felt lighter and things just felt right.

We had just finished our last set of the Vices and Virtues Tour. We were still buzzing with excitement, ready to celebrate with the Panic boys for a tour well done. All four of us were standing next to Zack as Panic was performing their set.

It was the portion of the show that Brendon would go out and sing with the crowd. I noticed him hobbling back up to stage and nudged Zack, making him aware of it.

"What has he done now?" He mumbled as we watched Brendon remove his sock and shoe. When we noticed the lump on top of his foot, we both bolted into action.

"I'll grab the medic!" I called over my shoulder as Zack ran on stage.

"She'll forever be mom of the group." I heard Mikey say as the other two laughed.

A few minutes later the medic and I were waiting for them to finish "The Green Gentleman". Zack then ran out and took Brendon's guitar as he hopped backstage.

"What the hell happened?" I asked as the medic examined his ankle.

"I was running down the stairs to get back to stage, twisted my ankle and heard this pop. Didn't realize I made a fucking softball on my foot."

I laughed as the medic wrapped his ankle with an ice back. "It definitely looks like you've broken it. We'll need to take you to the hospital and get it properly check. For now we have to keep it iced and raised so the swelling will hopefully go down some." The medic said as Zack rolled over a wheel chair.

"Hey Rose, will you switch out mic stands for the dumbass?" He asked.

I nodded as I giggled. He then handed me Brendon's mic and I grabbed the mic stand Josh had been using. When I ran on stage, there was a thunderous scream. Smiling out into the audience, I sat the stand down and heard someone scream out "Is he okay?!"

I smiled in the general direction the scream came from, happy that his fans were worried for him. "Yeah, he's alright. Just switching out stands for the klutz so he can keep playing." A wall of excited screams was my reply.

I clicked the mic in place and adjusted it as Ian, Dallon and Spencer continued playing and goofing off. I picked up Brendon's stand, which was lighter than expected, and was met center stage by Dallon. He nodded towards the stand in my hand and I laughed as I began acting like I was playing the guitar. We were both laughing by the time I walked off stage.

Zack then wheeled Brendon over to me and I wheeled him back on stage. I parked him right in front of the mic, adjusted the stand a little better as Zack handed him his guitar. Before I could run off stage, Brendon grabbed my hand and kissed it, which caused me to blush. "Thank you m'lady." He smirked up at me.

I smiled at him, shaking my head. "You're welcome." I patted his shoulder then ran off stage.

"Give it up for Rose, who owned the roll of hot nurse so well and Zack!" Brendon said, winking over at us.

"Well, there will certainly be talk tomorrow." Zack said causing the blush Brendon's wink gave me to deepen even more.

"Guess we'll just take care of it then." I replied.

After we all took our final bows, Brendon had called Josh, Mitsy, Mikey and I back on stage, nearly all of the band and crew went out to celebrate a tour well done. Zack, Brendon and I were in the hospital getting Brendon's ankle x-rayed.

While Brendon was gone, I talked Zack into going out with the others since they would more than likely need the presence of his "awesome body guard skills" more than Brendon and I would. After befriending a security guard named Tyler, Zack left as soon as Tyler promised to look after us.

Brendon was wheeled out, his foot in a brace shortly after Zack left. I walked over to where Brendon was signing some papers at the front desk. The nurse that had brought him out gave me his crutches. "He'll need these for a while but since it's policy, he's got to be wheeled out. If you want to go and grab the car, you can."

I pulled out the keys to the rental and jogged out to where it was parked. Luckily it was a Ford Tarus so Brendon didn't have to climb into an SUV. By the time I pulled around to the drop off, Brendon was waiting for me. I parked the car and then ran around to open the passenger door for him.

He transferred himself from the wheel chair to the car thanking the nurse who had wheeled him out. Once Brendon was in the car, I went back to the driver's side and drove back to the hotel. We ended the US part of the tour at Summerfest and we had planned to stick around a couple of days to enjoy the festival.

"Sorry for ruining your end of tour celebration, Rose. You really don't need to stay with me." Brendon spoke up, breaking out companionable silence.

"C'mon Bren, you know I would much rather celebrate by eating junk food and watching movies. 'Sides, I'm sure the guys will drink plenty for the both of us."

He chuckled at that. "Yeah, you're probably right. So shall we order a couple of pizzas and start with Aladdin?"

"Are you suggesting a Disney movie marathon?" I asked, childlike excitement bubbling forth.

"What other kind of movie marathon is there?"

I laughed. "I knew there was reason I kept you around."

While Brendon ordered the pizzas, I set up the movie. We didn't want to start until the pizza got there so we talked and finally got caught up. I told him about life in Charlotte, meeting Josh, Mitsy and Mikey and how our record deal played out. In turn he practically told me the entire history of Panic! at the Disco. Even with my vague awareness of it all, I learned things that the media didn't know.

Once the pizza arrived, we spread the boxes along the foot of the bed and used one of the lids as a giant plate we shared. By the time that we were full, we technically ate a whole pizza. I paused Mulan, which was the second movie we decided to watch, and combined the pizzas into the box that still had the attached lid. Once everything was settled into the fridge, I climbed back into bed and nestled into my spot next to Brendon.

He pressed the play button and soon we were back to quoting and singing along with the movie. By the fourth movie, I could feel myself falling asleep. We had slid down from our sitting positions so we were now half sitting, half lying on top of the pillows used earlier to give out back a little more support than the padded head board gave.

I slid further down, using Brendon's chest for my pillow instead of his shoulder and curled up against his side. Just before falling asleep, I felt his arms wrap around me and his head lay on top of mine. What felt like minutes later but was actually an hour or two, I was woken up slightly by the door banging open.

Spencer's hushed voice rang through the room so I knew it wasn't an intruder and fell back asleep to the feeling of Brendon pulling me closer to him as if he was trying to protect me from the loud noise that didn't seem to have woken him up. I was so out of it that I didn't fully understand what Spencer had slurred while he closed the door. "Oops. Josh guess I'm sleeping with you tonight. The love birds fell asleep while watching The Aristocats."
♠ ♠ ♠
really hope you've enjoyed this fluffy little piece. Just so you know I am aware of how wrong I am with the time of Brendon actually breaking his ankle. I'm pretty sure I warned you all ahead of time that the time line would be a bit wibbly wobbly so please don't yell at me saying BRENDON DIDN'T BREAK HIS ANKLE AT THE END OF TOUR YOU IDIOT because yes I am well aware of that.

Anywho...let me know what you think! I'd love to hear from you guys!