Status: So Active Even I Can't Believe It

I Want to Complicate You

Chapter 8

The next morning Brendon and I found the guys whispering but as soon as they noticed us, they stopped talking. We enjoyed our time at Summerfest and I was sad to say goodbye but we had an album to record and the Panic! boys had Asia to tour.

After we finished the album, it was decided that the song Josh and I worked on in Seattle would be No Limits' new single. We were in the planning stages of the video when we realized that we would need a few more people for the video.

Brendon, Spencer and I kept in touch after the tour. Not five minutes after I left for my flight did they both text me. It seemed as though the universe didn't want us a part for as long as we were for as soon as I walked out of the meeting about the video, Brendon called. "Hey, you aren't busy are ya?" He asked once I picked up.

"Nope, I just got done with business. So if you really wanted we could talk for the rest of the day." I replied.

"Perfect! It means you can pick Spence and I up from the airport." He said nonchalantly.

"I can what? You guys aren't seriously here are you?" I couldn't believe it. There was no way that they were really waiting for me at Charlotte-Douglas.

"You better believe it! We want a full VIP tour of the city that took you from Vegas."

I laughed. "Alright, I'll be there. I'm on the other side of town so I'll be there in 30. Enjoy some good ol' Southern fried food and get you some Bojangle's chicken."

"Yes ma'am. See you soon."

We hung up and I let the guys know where I was headed. Thirty minutes later, I pulled to the side of the pick-up lane. Spencer and Brendon hopped in after putting their bags in the trunk.

"Surprise!" Spencer exclaimed as I pulled away.

"Surprise indeed. What made you guys decide to do this?" I asked.

"We were bored." Brendon answered but it sounded as though that wasn't the only reason.

"And we missed you." Spencer added.

I smiled. "I missed you guys too."

I noticed that Brendon's smile looked relieved in a way but I didn't comment on it. I convinced myself that I was seeing things. "How's your ankle Bren?"

He beamed over at me. "The clunky boot is gone! I just have a simple brace now and can walk around without crutches."

"That's awesome Brendon!"

"So what've you been up to?"

"We've finished our album and we've got a single picked out. We've done our photoshoot for everything, which was really freaking fun by the way and now we're in the process of figuring out our music video." I explained.

"Sounds like you've been really busy. Glad you've had fun though." Spencer said.

"Definitely! I've had a blast and I can't wait to share our new stuff with the fans." I smiled at him through the rearview mirror.

"So where are you in the video process?" Brendon asked.

"Well, with our idea, we're in need of some more people..." I trailed off.

"Rose, are you asking us to be in your video?" Spencer asked.

I bit my lip, focusing on my parking to give myself more time.

"Because you know, we totally will if you ask nicely." Brendon teased.

I turned off the car and maneuvered myself so I was facing both of them. "Brendon Urie, Spencer Smith, would you do me the honor of being a part of the No Limits music video?"

They looked at each other and acted as though they were thoroughly thinking over my question. Brendon then turned back toward me as Spencer leaned back in his seat. "Rose Summers, my partner and I will gladly accept your offer."

I squealed in excitement and launched myself at Brendon. He caught me despite the arm rest between us and laughed as we hugged. "Thank you!" I beamed, moving so I could give Spencer a hug as well. I sent a quick text to Josh to let him know that we had two people of the four we needed.

By the video shoot, we had enough people. We were going for a vibe similar to Lady Antebellum's Need You Now video with the whole starting a part then coming together at the end. The director, John, paired us off and surprisingly he didn't pair me with Josh. He paired me with Brendon and one of the actresses we were able to get with Josh so this could be interesting to say the least.

We were going to shoot our performance shots first, all of the close up shots of Josh and I basically. Since the song is a bit jazzier and ballad like than our other stuff, we decided we wanted to have the band shots feel like we were in a jazz club.

We got our wish for that's what the whole story revolved around. Basically all of us met at this club and we all found love, we each get into a fight about something and those of us who work at the club leave and go to work. We all notice little things that makes us realize that we miss the other and we all meet back at the club. The video will end all lovely and happy ending like.

Josh, Mitsy, Mikey and I were going to be the house band while Spencer was going to be the bartender of the club. The performance shots were going to be shot in our "apartments." They were going to be used for when Josh and I were singing our respected verses. We took turns since there was only one portion of the set that was made to look like a bedroom. The other portion of the set was to be the living room. A local bar was kind enough to let us film on site.

For my character I'm supposed to have the realization that I really hope that the relationship between my and Brendon's character works out for the best. I come our dressed in an oversized t-shirt and boxer shorts so it'll look like the morning after.

When I get to the set, I'm greeted by a shirtless Brendon who was lounging in the bed, sheets draped just above his belly button. Despite the months that I spent on tour with him and his shirtless hugs, I still stopped in my tracks. How could I not? Puberty did a wonder to my best friend and I just happened to take notice. That's what I told myself anyway.

Brendon finally realized that I was standing there and smirked at me while striking an absurd pose causing the sheets to slide down teasing me with just a glimpse of his v. "Hey Rose, draw me like one of your French girls."

I burst into a fit of giggles. "I'm pretty sure it's meant to be the other way around."

"You're wearing too much but I could always do it later, then again the best I could do is a stick figure." His eyes were twinkling in mischief while my cheeks were burning and my hand was itching to throw something at him and his smug face.

"Alright, places everyone!" John yelled.

I climbed on the bed, pulling my knees to my chest and draping my arms around them. Brendon slid down, laying an arm across his stomach and rested the other on the pillow by his head.

"Perfect! And action!" John yelled.

The music began playing and I slipped into character, which was actually quite easy given the situation I found myself in. I mouthed along with the words and poured my soul into it. I wondered if anyone had figured out the inspiration behind the song, besides Josh of course. We did a couple of takes before it was Josh's turn.

Brendon and I went to our separate dressing room to change. The hair and make-up artist was there and before I could change, she switched my make-up and pinned some of my hair back.

Despite it being a short dress, I could step into it so I wouldn't mess up my hair. It was the same dress I wore for the photoshoot for the single art. It was a short black and white dress. Black lace covered the sweetheart cut bodice and white chiffon made up the skirt. It was quite classy and easily one of my favorite dresses I've ever worn. The only problem was that my arms were too short to zip the dress myself.

As I tried to zip my dress by turning and angling my arms in whatever way I could there was a knock on the door. I nearly shouted my excitement. I was so happy someone came to my rescue. I hoped it was the hair and make-up artist or even Mitsy but when I opened the door, the other hand firmly placed against my breast so that the dress wouldn't fall off and saw that my rescuer was none other than Brendon.

"Looks like I came just in time then. Mikey said you might need some help." He walked in and I closed the door before following him into the dressing room.

I turned around and looked at him in the mirror as he zipped my dress up. I shivered as his fingers traced along my spine as he pulled the zipper up. "Well, why didn't he just come help me?" I asked once I found my words again.

Brendon just gave me a shrug in reply. His intense gaze was beginning to make me feel nervous so I smoothed the invisible wrinkles on my dress. He hadn't moved and while his stare was intense, it looked like he was contemplating something. I finally had had enough so I turned around to ask him what was wrong but I wasn't able to get any words out for Brendon's lips crashed into mine.

My eyes widened from the suddenness of it all. I mean I was kissing Brendon fucking Urie, my best friend. The thing is just because I was in shock, didn't mean I wasn't kissing him back. My lips seemed to be moving on their own accord and my god was this a fantastic kiss.

What felt like minutes were actually a couple of seconds as I closed my eyes, melting into Brendon's kiss. I felt a hand on my waist and one cradling my head as it seemed we were pouring out years of longing and passion into this one kiss.

I'm sure it would have lasted much longer if we didn't have to breate but even then Brendon didn't move away. He moved the hand that was on my waist up to cup my face as he rested his forehead against mine. As our breathing returned to normal we blinked our eyes open.

His brown eyes were shining with, dare I say it, love and I knew my eyes were doing just the same. "Do you remember the promise I made you when you left Vegas?" He asked, finally breaking the silence that had fallen between us.

"Yes." I answered.

"I promised you that if I found you again I would never let you go and I intend on keeping that promise. So Rose Summers, will you be my girlfriend?"

I honestly couldn't contain the giggles that bubbled forth. Whether I was laughing at his formalness or I was just completely giddy from the whole thing, I'll never know. "Yes, I will be your girlfriend."

He smiled wide before kissing me again. This kiss was much different. It wasn't as full of hunger or desire. It was full of promises and sweet nothings. So this is what kissing Brendon will be like.
♠ ♠ ♠
I originally was going to end the story here because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do next. Lucky for you I figured it out. Let me know what you think and thanks for all the love! Whoop! Longest chapter to date too! (at least I'm pretty sure anyway...)