Your Love Is a Crime

Chapter One

It started to rain as I was on my way to work. Weird because the weatherman said it was going to be nothing but clear blue skies all day long. I plug in my earbuds and blast my music as I pull my hoodie of my jacket over my head to get to my car. I lived in an apartment complex on the second floor so I had to walk down the slippery steps. I noticed Mary, my downstairs neighbor, having some trouble with putting her chairs inside so they don't get wet. "Here let me help." I volunteered. Mary just smiles, "No, I got it dear, I may be old, but I ain't dead yet." I grin. She is always saying stuff like that every time someone tries to help her. "I insist, please." I tell her as I grab the chair from her hands. "Fine, but owe you young lady!" She says as she is pointing her finger at me. I laugh at the old woman. "Sure, you do Mary." I tell her with a smile and a light giggle. I put the chair down where she points. I turn around and Mary is reaching into her purse. "Oh no, Mary, you don't have to." I plead. She looks up from her purse, pulling out a twenty dollar bill. "Oh! You Shush it!" She exclaims. "I still owe for taking out my trash and cat sitting MoMo." She says. I smile. "Fine, but I owe you!" I tell her in a mocking tone. She stops and just stares at me. "You are so much like your mother it is unreal." she grins. "Yeah, you tell me that every time." I pause rolling my eyes. "Well, I got to get to work. Being an intern, those papers can't file themselves!" She laughs. "Alright alright, I'll leave you to it." She comes near, putting the twenty in my palm as she hugs me. I still can not believe this woman is still alive. Eighty-eight years old and she is still kicking. Long, gray hair running all down her back. You can still see some of her Native American features still there. Especially in her eyes. She is the wisest woman I have ever known. "Well now, you get going then huh?" She tells me. We both say our goodbyes and I head to my car. 67' Chevy Impala. My mother gave it to me before she passed away of cancer a few years back. It was my fathers, but he died before I was born, so I never got to meet him. My mother has shown me pictures, but I look nothing like him, except for his eyes. Brown. I pretty much got everything else from my mother. My dark brown hair, height, and everything in between, literally. You could not really tell us apart, except for the eyes. Hers were green. Starting the car, my phone goes off. I reach into my pocket and look at the screen. It was my friend Damien. I answer. "Hey Damien. What's up?" I ask. "Clas, you got to meet me! Fast." He sounded like he was in trouble. "Are you okay? Where are you?" I question him. "Just meet me at the pizza place on May" He adds before he disconnects. "Damien? Hello?" I shout into the phone. God dammit. He is always getting himself into trouble and I am the one who always cleans up after him. I put the car into drive and I head to the place where I meet Damien.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own Public Enemies or any of the characters besides Clarissa and her friend Damien and his friends Tyla and Meghan. Nor do I own the 1967 Chevy Impala, unfortunately(Supernatural Reference, just FYI)

Do not worry, Dillinger will show up soon enough, I promise.

Please, I would love the feedback. Negative or Positive, it will help me become a better writer and I encourage anyone to post one.

Thank You for taking the time to read my fan fiction.