‹ Prequel: Is He for Me?

He Has My Heart

Chapter Fifteen: Bryan Stars

Ashleys POV

I wasn't sure if I was looking forward to this or not. I had gotten a call from Andy saying that Bryan Stars was in town and wanted to do an interview with me. I was the only one in the band who hadn't been interviewed by him. To be honest, I was really nervous.
"Andy, why does he want to do the interview?" I said to him over the phone. I was pacing the length of the kitchen stressing out.
"Because, he always does ones with me and the fans want to see more of you. Especially cause you've never done one with him before" he said. I could hear him blowing out smoke.
I sighed. "When is he coming?"
"Later today I think. He wants to set up at your house, just so it's a bit closer to you. He hasn't really connected you yet."
"Fine. Text me when he's in LA and I'll prep some stuff."
"No problem. Have fun" he laughed and then hung up.
I was really bad at interviews. Especially if I was being interviewed by a guy. I tried to push my nerves aside and go shower to get ready for this.
Riley was sleeping cause she worked late and would probably wake up while the interview was going on.
I dressed in black jeans and white t-shirt, I really couldn't be bothered with shoes. It was my house.
Andy texted me and said Bryan was with him and he would come here in a few hours.
About two hours later Bryan showed up with a camera already filming.
"Hey! Ashley! Hows it going?" He said shaking my hand an hugging me.
"Hey, it's going good. Please come in" I said moving out the way.
The guy with the camera stopped filming so he could shake my hand as well.
"Ashley, this is my camera man, Tim. And well you know me. I don't believe we have done an interview before."
"Nahh, we haven't. I've never had the chance" I said a little nervously.
"Thats all good, we can now. So just before we get started, is there anything you need me to avoid asking?"
Wow, I didn't think he would be considerate. Judging from his other videos.
"Umm, nahh, I'm completely open."
"Awesome. Where do you want us to set up?"
"I'd say the back lounge room has better lighting."
While the camera guy set up Bryan just talked to me. Normally, not like he does in his interviews.
"So how are things? I got to catch up with Andy before and he said you're engaged!" He sounded shocked.
"Ahh, yeah. It's been a couple months now. Everyone pretty much has the same reaction."
"Do you mind if we talk about that in the interview?"
"Not at all. Riles will be stoked. I know she watches your interviews when she gets the chance."
"Ohh really? That's awesome. Is she here?" He said looking around.
"She is, but she's sleeping. Unfortunately she works really late, but she might wake up during. If not I'll wake her. She'll die if I didn't include her in this."
"We're ready to go Bryan" Tim called.
"Okay, lets do this" he said rubbing his hands together.
We sat on the couch and I could see Bryan falling into his routine.
"Hey guys, I'm here today with Ashley Purdy from Black Veil Brides! Ashley! So nice to finally have the pleasure of interviewing you!" He said enthusiastically
"Pleasure is all mine Bryan. Glad to finally do this. I know the fans want to see this" I said smiling at the camera.
"We are actually in Ashleys house right now and might I say its very much Playboy, bachelor pad."
"Well, you know. Its me! We I was looking for a house out here it had to resemble the Playboy mansion or it would be the Playboy mansion" I said, laughing.
Bryan laughed with me. "So getting straight to it. I ask everyone this question, so its not just you" he said fiddling with his papers. "What would your porn star name be?"
"It would probably be something along the lines of Purdyboy or Outlaw something..."
"Sounds about right, I've sure you have names like that online."
"I'm pretty sure I do. It's crazy. Guys! I am not a porn star! I love porn, but I do not do it!" I said having fun with this. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad as I thought.
"Oh we know you like porn. It's written on one of your basses?"
"Yeah, well, its Purdy porn."
"True, true. I can't help but notice how clean your house it. Is that you? Or a girlfriend perhaps?" He said smirking.
"Okay, okay. If you don't know, but it's hard not to. I am engaged. That is why my house is clean. When she moved in she actually cooked in my kitchen and I was like, I have a kitchen?!" I said laughing at the old memory.
Bryan shook his head at me. "So how long have you been with your fiancee?"
"Well we have been engaged for about four months. I've been with her for a bit over a year, but we've known each other longer than that."
"How did you guys meet?"
"Well, we all met her at a show in LA a couple years ago and she was Andys girlfriend for a about a year, but that didn't really work out and in that time we became close friends. I had always liked her, but I never thought I had a shot with her."
"Why did you think that?" Bryan asked, with a completely serious face.
"Cause she was with Andy. They seemed so perfect at the time. I would never say this to her face, but I was actually really happy when they broke up" I said giggling a little.
"Yeah, your time to move in on her" Bryan said, winking.
"It wasn't exactly like that, but yeah. I got her to move in here and we grew closer and the sexual tension, you could cut with a knife."
"Wow, that would have been an interesting living situation."
"Oh it was. Cause we weren't together. She just lived with me. It was really hard for a while, cause I wanted to tell her how I felt, but I think she already knew. She played a sneaky trick on me. We'd had a night out with CC and his wife Kimber and we'd drunk a bit. I thought she was still drunk when we got home and she told me how she felt. I'm thinking, she's not gonna remember that in the morning. Turns out she was pretending to be drunk, just to see what I'd say."
"Sneaky little devil" he said laughing.
"She was! After that, Andy actually got really pissed off at us, but it was quickly resolved. We are all good now."
"Yeah, I'd hope so. Cause he's with Juliet Simms, from Automatic Love Letter?"
"Yeah, they have been together the same amount of time as me and Riley. I know its going well for them...." I trailed off when I heard footsteps on the stairs.
"Ashley, whose car is that in the drivew-" she stopped short when she saw who it was.
"And look who decided to finally join us! Riley, take a seat!" Bryan instructed.
She looked completely confused and starstruck. Luckily she got dressed before coming downstairs cause she wasn't wearing much before.
"Riley, it is so nice to meet you! Ashley was just telling me about you" Bryan said, speaking directly to Riley.
"Really? What was he saying?" She said giving me a sly look.
"Just telling us how you met and how you came to be. Anything you would like to add?" He said putting the mic in front of her.
"Umm, I don't think so, but from a fans perspective, it was honestly the best thing to happen to me, meeting Black Veil Brides and actually getting to know them was amazing."
"Wow, so you were really the lucky one" Bryan said.
"Very much so. I don't know what I'd do without Ashley."
I smiled and hugged her.
"Nawwww, you guys are sweet. So Ash, you guys got back from touring a few months ago, how'd that go?"
Bryan asked the usual questions and did some dumb stuff with us as well. We did the final pose for the end and we were done.
"Well thank you so much guys! Fan are going to go nuts!"
"Wasn't as bad as I thought. I was so nervous" I said getting up from the couch and stretching.
"You were fine! Everyone always gets a little nervous around me" Bryan said, giving his microphone to Tim. "Riley, it is nice to officially meet you. Ashley said you're a fan."
She laughed nervously. "Yeah, I like your concept towards interviewing. Its different and its what people really wanna see. I do try and watch them."
"Good to hear. I must she you are gorgeous, different from Ashleys previous girlfriends."
"Hey! Stop hitting on her" I said jokingly.
He laughed at us while I grabbed her and threw he over my shoulder.
"Ashley! I'm sorry Bryan, but he's usually like this" she said, while I threw her on the couch.
"All good. Normally I get other band members doing it to each other. It's nice to see a girl involved for once.
"I'm very protective of her. We have been through a lot" I said, our facial expressions dulling in sync.
"I can see that. Riley, how do you cope if he leaves on tour?"
"I hang out with girls usually. We're all in the same situation. Its funny cause they all call us at the same time when they are on tour. We do miss them. Its weird thinking that none of them are single now."
"That is strange. I never you'd be the type to settle down Ash" Bryan said to me.
"Well, I never thought that either, but Riley is like me in many ways. I would be stupid to not keep her in my life.
I noticed her smile and blush. She buried her face in a cushion and threw another one at me, but hit Bryan.
"Sorry Bryan! That was meant for Ashley!" She mumbled into the cushion.
We said our goodbyes to Bryan and thank him again.
"The video will be up in a few days, so make sure you check it out!" He said as he drove away.
I threw Riley back over my shoulder and took her back into the house.
"You are so annoying."
"You love me" I said laughing.