‹ Prequel: Is He for Me?

He Has My Heart

Chapter Twenty Six: Hypocrite

Rileys POV

Later that night, me and the girls had finally settled into the penthouse suite at the hotel. The suite was big enough for me to have my own bedroom. The master suite had a huge bathroom as well as balcony that looked over the ocean.
Once I had unpacked I went out onto the balcony. The sun had just set, casting the sky a deep blue. I felt the warm breeze against my bare skin of my arms. I still couldn't believe me and Ashley were getting married in just two days. It felt like yesterday that I was running into his arms because I was breaking up with Andy. Now we are getting married. What the actual fuck? And it's Ashley. The one person who we all thought would never settle down, never stop being the life of the party, but I'm sure he still will be. It's still Ashley fucking Purdy. I was going to be Riley Purdy... There's a scary thought. It almost made me want to smoke, but I know Ashley hates it.
My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the door slide open.
"Hey babe, you okay?" Kimber said stepping out on the balcony.
"Hmm, yeah, just thinking."
"Well you need to stop thinking and start drinking" she said with a grin spreading across her face. She extended her hand and took mine to lead me inside where the others were mixing drinks at the bar.
"Oh there's the bride to be!" Juliet screeched and handed me a drink.
"Uhh thanks" I said a little nervously.
I quickly downed the drink, hoping it would take my nerves away.
"Okay, come guys we have to get ready! I organised dinner for us at the restaurant in one hour! Riley! Get your butt in your room and dress!" Kimber ordered me.
I quickly poured myself another drink and took it into my room.
I opened the small closet and pulled out a dark emerald green cocktail dress. The neck line plummeted and the hemline only went half way down my thigh. I quickly did my make up and hair, letting it fall in its natural curls over my shoulders. I strapped on my highest pair of black heels, so I wouldn't be so short compared to the other girls.
I walked out of my bedroom with ten minutes to spare, but the other girls were waiting for me.
They all grinned as I entered the main area.
"What? What are you guys looking at?" I said self consciously.
"Nothing" Ella said handing something to Kimber.
Kimber took it and walked towards me. It was a sash that read 'bride to be'. She moved my hair and placed it over my body.
"Really? You're making me wear this?" I said looking at the pale pink fabric of the sash. "It doesn't really go..."
"Oh stop complaining and wear it! You're meant to be having fun. This is your bachelorette party! Now come on, we're gonna be late" Kimber said going to open the door for us to walk through.
We headed for the restaurant at the hotel. The hostess took us to a sectioned off table that was outside on their deck area looking out over the ocean.
The girls settled in and all smiled at me.
"What? What are you guys staring at?" I said looking around the table.
"I still can't believe you're getting married to Ashley. I mean, I have been married to Jinxx for a couple of years and for as long as I've known Ashley, I could never see him getting married. It's weird to think that I'm sitting here with his future wife" Sammi said with a grin on her face.
"I hear you, I'm actually having a hard time believing it" I said grabbing the moscato from the centre of the table.
"Why do you say that?" Juliet said with concern in her voice.
"Its just Ashley. Everyone keeps saying that they never thought he would settle. Now he is. Its kinda worrying me. What if he changes his mind?" I said sipping my drink.
The other girls gave me a confused expression.
"Riley, we're only saying it cause we'd never thought we'd see the day. Ashley loves you, that's why he proposed. And I think we can all see the difference in him" Ella said taking the mascato and pouring it for everyone else.
"You're not having second thoughts, are you?" Juliet asked.
"No, not at all. I love Ashley. He was there when I needed him most, I just... I just hope nothing changes" I said downing the rest of my drink.
"Sweetie, you're getting married. The idea is that nothing changes. Are you okay?" Kimber asked, giving me a worried look.
"Yeah, I'm fine. You know what, I haven't had enough to drink yet. Hasn't taken my anxiety away, might go get a drink at the bar" I said excusing myself from the table.
They all had a worried expression on their faces. I tried to ignore them as best I could.
I walked through the restaurant, glancing at the diners scattered across the tables as I headed for the bar. I scanned the bottles of spirits on the back wall, then spotted a cocktails menus. Ohh they had long island ice tea!
I got them to make us a round and bring them out to the table.
I returned to the girls with a smirk on my face.
"Oh no, I know that look. You ordered cocktails didn't you?!" Kimber whined.
"Oh sweetie you know me so well. Ice tea from Long Island is on its way" I chimed.
I saw Kimber shake her head, but a cheeky smile playing on her face.

After dinner we headed back upstairs, in the tipsy state we were in, but more me. The girls had knowing looks on their faces. Before we entered Kimber handed each of us bright pink eye masks that had 'bridesmaids' written on theres and 'bride' on mine. Just cause we could. I opened the door and their was a male stripper half naked in the middle of the room. He was wearing black tux pants, a bow tie, fedora and was also wearing a black eye mask.
"So you must be the bride" he said taking my hand and leading me to the couch.
His tanned abs were untattooed, which was very weird to see. Normally there were big black letters that spelled 'OUTLAW' across the abs I owned.
"My name is Tommy, so what would you like to see first?" Tommy asked ripping off his pants to reveal a black thong.
That earned a round of swoons from the other girls.
He performed a strip tease for all of us and we were all cheering and egging him on.
He threw off his fedora to show off his short, but wild dark blonde hair. He also had a small tattoo of music notes done in black on the inside of his wrist. I couldn't help but think they looked familiar. He looked familiar.
Tommy soon only had his thong on and I definitely thought I recognized him.
After he had done and was packing up, we poured ourselves shots of tequila. I took off the mask that I was wearing, completely forgetting Tommy was still here.
"Catelyn?! Is that you?!" He yelled when he saw my face without the mask.
We all froze. The other girls stared at me awkwardly.
"Why does he know your 'name'" Kimber whispered.
"Cause I knew him in college" I whispered back. "Hey Thomas, I thought I recognised you" I said pulling him away from the other girls.
"What are you doing here!?" He said once we were out of earshot of everyone else.
"Me! What are you doing here!? Last place I saw you was Vegas!" I said annoyed.
"I'm working! What are you doing getting a stripper!? Aren't you one yourself?" He said coldly.
"Excuse me?! But who is the one who dumped me cause I was a stripper! Hypocrite much?"
"Catelyn, you were so young when you became a stripper! I'm pretty sure it wasn't legal!"
"So what the fuck gives you the right to criticize me! You're doing the same thing right now! What the fuck you doing in LA? I thought you were studying music in Vegas? Cause, you know, you were gonna be a 'big star'" I said sarcastically.
"Ran out of money, but it's none of your business. Its just a thing I do on the side, I'm still studying."
"Thomas, we're 24, not 18. When we were dating you were so against stripping! Now look at you! At least I did it for unselfish reasons."
"I'd hardly say that! Everyone on campus knew you were a slut!" He said in my face.
"A slut?! Is that what I was to you? I'm sorry, but I was a virgin when we were dating and if I remember correctly you were the one who wanted to change that!"
A guilty look came across his face. He knew he'd crossed a line.
"I'm sorry, that was harsh. So this is your bacholerette party?" He said changing the subject.
"Yeah" I said still annoyed.
"Wow Caty, whose the guy?" He said actually interested.
"Not that it's any of your business, but its Ashley Purdy. And please don't call me Caty. I changed my name. It's Riley now."
"Riley? I was wondering why they were calling you that, but hey, if that's what you want. Wait, did you say Ashley Purdy?! Like the bassist Ashley Purdy from Black Veil Brides?" He said surprised.
"Yes, that Ashley Purdy" I said a little smug.
"Who'd you sleep with to get to him?" He asked, remembering that I was a huge fan.
"No one actually, I think you should leave now" I said walking back out to the other girls.
"Riley is everything okay?" Kimber asked as I walked out.
"Yep, just fine, say good bye to Tommy" I said opening the door for him.
He looked back at the other girls and gave them a small smile before walking out.
"Riley, what happened? Did you know him?" Sammi asked.
"Umm, yeah, that was my ex from college..." I said trailing off.
"Oh my God, are you okay?" Kimber said coming over to me and grabbing my arm.
"Yeah, umm, wheres the tequila?" I said desperately searching for a drink.
"Riley, don't worry about drinking, you're not okay, come on, you've had enough" Kimber said taking my hand and leading me towards my bedroom. "Its late, tomorrow is another big day, I think its time we all got some sleep."
Kimber closed the door behind her. Leaving me on my own. I couldn't take it anymore, I grabbed my cigarettes and took them out on the balcony.
My anxiety was over taking me. This was so much stress! Did it have to be Thomas? I just didn't need that on top of how I'm already feeling. Is marrying Ashley what I want...?

Ashleys POV

It was about 2:00 am. I was with the guys at the bar when I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw it was Kimber calling.
"Hey Kimber"
"Hey Ash, umm I'm not interrupting am I?" She asked sounding a little nervous.
"Umm no, whats up?"
"Look umm, something happened tonight and I'm not sure if Riley is okay. Can you just call her tomorrow. I feel like she needs to talk to you."
"What happened?" I asked immediately worried.
"I'm not sure, I just know somethings wrong. Just call her" she said hanging up after.
I tried Rileys number straight away, but it rang out. I really didn't want to wait till morning.