Status: In Progress

My Favorite Explosion

Run Don't Walk

I stepped off the plane after my grueling 7 hour ride next to the woman who wouldn’t stop complaining about how nauseous she was because she was terrified of planes/flying/being around complete strangers/etc…because all of those reasons were the smartest to go and get on a plane. My paramedic instincts were flying off the wall thinking this woman was going to send herself into an anxiety attack and I was going to have to help her through it. Thankfully, she managed to pull herself together and slept for the last three hours of it, allowing me to also get some much needed sleep. I knew Austin was on tour, but I wasn’t so sure about the boys across the street. I was sadly 90% sure that they weren’t.

I went through the routine of gathering my luggage and the rest of the tasks that I needed to do after getting off the plane and then it became time to find my father. I know I had told him what gate and what time I’d be landing, however we landed about an hour before we were supposed to so with my luck, my father wasn’t here yet.

That’s what I thought however until I walked outside to finally smoke a cigarette after a terrible flight when I saw my long lost best friend Mike Fuentes looking around like a confused puppy unsure of where his owner went. Which, when it came to Mike, was more than likely the case.

“Michael Christopher Fuentes” I smoothly stated as I sat on the designated smoker’s bench with my sunglasses covering half my face. His head shot up, his eyes more than likely lighting up as well as he spun around recognizing my voice not realizing where it came from seeing as I had made quite a few changes in the last few years since I had seen him. His head dropped after a few minutes thinking he was imagining it and went back to looking at something on his phone.

“Whiskey hands, I know you don’t give up that easily” I said blowing smoke out of my burgundy lipstick painted mouth, still sitting in the same spot, not moving an inch still simply pulling drags off of my Marlboro Menthol. He looked around yet again, realizing there was no one around that he recognized and then approached me with a puzzled look, “Excuse me miss, but were you on flight 607?” Mike asked me, still not realizing who I was. I replied with a simple nod taking another drag of my smoke.

“Do you happen to know if there was a woman named Scarlett Carlile on your flight?” he asked

I smiled wide and pushed my sunglasses up onto my straight black hair, “Seriously, Fuentes?” I asked with a smirk “I figured I was supposed to be the one surprised but it doesn’t seem as if that’s the way this worked out for you” I laughed throwing my cigarette to the ground stomping it out as I placed my arms on my hips after pushing my sunglasses on top of my head waiting for it to finally hit him.

“Scar there’s no fucking way that’s you!”

“The one and only Fuentes, now give me a proper hello mother fucker!” I laughed as I outstretched my arms for him to hug me.

He realized it actually was me and ran towards me pulling me into his famous hug, picking me up and spinning me around.

“You’re so different! Oh my god I can’t believe this, Vic’s gonna go crazy when he sees you, so is your dad holy shit what did South Carolina do to you?”

“That’s a really long story Mikey, just get me home already. But, where’s my father?”

“He should be back around in a few, he left me here to wait for you so we wouldn’t get yelled at” I nodded in response, wrapping my arms around Mike yet again, so excited to be home with the ones who love me. Dad pulled around again and barely got the car in park before he ran out to tackle me with a dad bear hug, one I’ve been craving for years now. Seven years is a long time for a girl to not see her daddy.

“Let’s get you home princess, it’s great to have you back” he said kissing the top of my head. I quickly obliged and jumped in the back seat ready for another nap. Mike hoped into the back with me knowing I wanted his strong scrawny ass to hold me. “Let’s go home dad, I’m ready to get outta here” I smiled at him in the mirror as he quickly obliged and put the car in drive to take me back home where I belong.