Haruki Kita

Childhood

Haruki was born in Japan to his parents, Hikaru and Cho, both doctors and very hard-working ambitious people. They wanted nothing more than for him to become a doctor too, but it was very unlikely because Haruki was obsessed with death. Anything that helped people he thought was stupid because dying is natural, and curing death is not.

He went to a school for rich kids, full of children who were really smart and all wanted to be good things when they grew up. He was nothing like them, and always hid in the corner drawing scary images, writing stories and keeping to himself in any way he could. He was bullied a lot for the way he was, but he usually ended up scaring the bullies off by killing something, like an animal outside, or by threatening to kill his/her parents or even them themselves.

His parents were constantly telling him that on his thirteenth birthday, if he was not prepared to go to college to be a doctor, they would disown him. He didn't want to be a doctor at all, so on his thirteenth birthday he poisoned both his parents (he'd be without parents anyway whether he did it or not) and he ran away, finding a great hiding spot in his father's house boat, which he hid in the woody area of a lake, a place no one had ever discovered but him (it was one of his hang out spots). In the woods he trained himself to fight and survive on his own. He had no friends and grew up alone on his boat and in the streets.