Haruki Kita

Young Teen

During his young teen years, Haruki decided to move to the streets during the afternoon and night. He would wear hats/hoodies to cover his head, and a bandanna on his mouth. In alleyways of Tokyo, he became an assassin, getting paid by the hundreds to do the dirty work for other people.

One day, while asleep in his boat 死神 (Shinigami/Reaper) came into his boat and drowned him, because one of Haruki's worst fears is swimming, something he had been trying to teach himself while living in a boat, but never could. In the morning, a girl named Kiyomi, who was the exact opposite of Haruki (she loved helping people and spent her life finding anyone who needed help anywhere), came across him in a river (he had drifted). She pulled him out and gave him CPR, but realized his heart was missing (Reaper took out his heart). She brought him to her workshop, a seemingly magical place where she fixed up people in need with her steampunkesque inventions. She replaced his heart with a ball of gears and cogs that had to be turned by key every morning and night. Occaisonally, if Haruki gets stressed, his heart will malfunction, and he will start feeling insane and get tired and dizzy and fuzzy minded.

Kiyomi taught him how to love and help people without being pushy. She showed him all her work in her shop and he helped people in need. They eventually fell in love, and Haruki showed her his boathouse. She loved it so much she wanted to live there, regardless of how small it was. Together they lived there and worked in her shop in the mornings.

However, every so often, Haruki's heart would malfunction, and he would sneak out at night to become an assassin again, without telling Kiyomi.