Status: I think I might actually get past the first three chapters of this one?

What If I Asked You to Stay?

Prologue

Dear Spencer,
I guess, in the simplest of terms, I like science because it's tangible- it's real. I like science because no matter how you dice it, it's always going to be science, it's always going to be a cause and an effect. Objects in motion stay in motion, objects in rest stay in rest(unless of course, acted upon by an external force). Matter will never ever be anything but matter. Water has three states- liquid, solid, and gas(sometimes four, there is that one state that no one ever remembers the name of). These things are facts, and as proven over and over by science, they will not change. People aren't like that. People aren't rooted in facts, they're rooted in feelings, and even though feelings are rooted in science, how they impact are brains and our environments is extremely subjective. So there. I guess that's why I like science; because I cannot tell you why people who are in love have to break up or why people kill themselves, I cannot tell you why in most relationships one partner gives it their all and still ends up standing alone in a room holding all the broken pieces of love gone sour, and I can't tell you why people we still love are allowed to die right in front of us, leaving us with another suitcase to add to our baggage, but I can, without any hesitation tell you exactly why when you mix sodium and chloride, you are going to get salt.

Thanks for reading.
All my love,
Katy


In that moment, something stirred inside of Spencer. It was a feeling he hadn't experienced in a long time. It was this extreme desire to crack open the girl behind the email's head and understand exactly what she was thinking. He wanted to know everything and curl up on the couch and make a home inside of her head, which was something he hadn't felt since before the passing of his last partner, Maeve over a year ago. It was a pleasant feeling, and it resonated inside of him all the way until he snuggled into bed for the night, beginning to formulate his response to her email.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so for those of you who are confused about what's happening and why you're apparently subscribed to this story, this is a re-vamp of the original story Infinity Street. It'll feature all of the same characters, and the plot will be mostly the same. Just written better. Thank you for understanding and reading!