Status: I think I might actually get past the first three chapters of this one?

What If I Asked You to Stay?

When We First Met

Katy sat in her apartment, curling the last couple pieces of her hair. She hadn't been this nervous about going out with someone in a very long time. As she wrapped up, she checked the clock for what had to be the eight billionth time. The time was nearing 7 PM, and her stomach was in knots.

If there was anything she'd learned about Spencer over the past few months they'd been emailing, it was that he was punctual. He'd told her story after story of times where he'd been late and hated himself for it. She knew it wouldn't be long till he arrived at her doorstep, so she whirled into her bedroom to change.

At 6:59, she heard the doorbell ring, and with one last quick dousing of perfume, she smoothed her dress out and headed toward the front door.

She reached for the handle, hesitating and allowing her hand to hang in midair for a second as she took one more deep breath. Finally, she opened the door, a huge smile spreading across as she took in the man standing in front of her. He had that undone perfection look going on with his hair and shimmering brown eyes, and a dusting of stubble along his jawline. He was everything she could have ever wanted and more, and he was carrying a bouquet of flowers.

“Hi,” his voice was barely above a whisper.

“Hi,” Katy replied, leaning in for a hug, she stopped halfway, remembering what he’d said about physical touch, “Oh, sorry.”

He shook his head and closed the gap between them in an awkward hug, “It’s okay.”

He released quickly, and shoved the flowers between them in her direction, “I got you these.”

She smiled, taking them, “They’re beautiful. Thank you. Uh, would you like to step in for a second so I can get them in some water?”

Spencer stepped in the door and nodded, his eyes trailing down the girl’s backside as she wandered toward the kitchen. She had long red hair that fell in loose curls practically down to her waist, and was adorned in a blue floral dress, that made her fiery locks pop.

A few minutes later, she returned to the entryway of her apartment, coat and purse in hand.

“Shall we?” she smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit- When We First Met by HelloGoodbye