The Tower of Salvation (2)

Tower of Salvation 2

QUIZ START: After your victory, Remiel collapsed to the ground, shocked by his loss.
"Impossible...how can an angel, the ultimate being, lose to a group of humans...? Wait, you...you're..." he looked at you. You had been nervously twisting your staff in your hands, ignoring the friction building. When you realized he was talking to You you stiffen, "Lady Aura, your eminence...! Forgive me! I didn't recognize you! Have mercy milady, please!"
"Wh-what?" you ask, clutching your staff tighter,
"Colette, come back to us! I'm going to restore you back to your normal self! I promise!!" Lloyd called. Colette remained floating, staring forward. She was emotionless. Pitiless. Not herself. You turn your staff back into a sword, and sheath it. "Colette...have you really forgotten me?" asked the brunette weakly.

"Your wasting your time. Not only did she loose her memory. But she has lost the soul to listen to your words." Kratos told him, appearing on the alter. "Now Colette is merely a puppet, standing before deaths door." he folded his arms over his chest, looking to Colette, then back to all of you.
"Kratos!" exclaimed Genis.
"Where have you been?! What are you saying?!" demanded Lloyd.
"The Chosen desired the regeneration of the world, and chose this path herself." Kratos said, his voice was emotionless...he didn't care. "By the summoning of the Chosen to Derris-Kharlan, the seal will be broken and the Regeneration will be complete." you put your hands on your head; you knew this, you've heard it before,
"Kratos?...What are you talking about?" asked Lloyd,
"It is what you wanted as well. We will take the Chosen as the new body for Martel." the man finished,
"W...we...?" you echo softly.
"What are you talking about?! Kratos! Answer me!"

"Lord Kratos...have pity on me. I didn't mean to attack Lady Aura...! I didn't recognize her! Please...lend me your aid." Remiel begged from where he was lying, injured and dying, on the ground.
"Have you forgotten, Remiel? I was once of the inferior race... a human. Does the ultimate being seek help from that which he despises the most? And besides...would our Lord give mercy to those who have raised a hand against Lady Aura?" Kratos responded, not moving to aid the dying angel,
"Gugh..." Remiel died, his body disappearing in small sparkles of golden light, which quickly vanished as well. You sink to your knees,
"L...Lady..." you whisper.

"Lady Aura...Lord Yggdrasill has summoned you."
"Good day, Lady Aura. May I assist you in some way?"
"Greetings, milady..... Hm? Ah, yes. The Oracle is to be sent to day...... It shall be Remiel....... No, Lord Kratos did not wish to be the Oracle...he, well, refused."
"Milady Aura--ah, I didn't mean to disturb you, I apologize.... Lord Kratos has requested your presence at his room.......... Very well, I shall tell him you will arrive shortly."


"Move out of the way." Kratos ordered calmly,
"Kratos...who are you?" demanded Lloyd.
"...I am of Cruxis. The organization that guides this world." blue, sparkling wings, much like yours, appear on his back "I am one of the Five Seraphim. Sent forth to keep close watch over the Chosen." seeing those wings...
"Those...Those...!" visions flashed in front of your eyes.

He was wearing that white outfit that you had seen a few days ago; those same sparkling blue wings on his back. His mouth moved as though he said something, however you couldn't hear it.
In a flash you saw another; though this time he was speaking with Yuan...
Now he was flying away--
Now he was--
"Ahhha...." you clutch your head as it began to pound, "Why...do I remember you with your wings...?" she asked weakly,
"Because you have seen me prior to now with these same wings." he responded plainly, "I have wings for the same reason you do." The world swirled slowly as your head hurt worse. You saw more and more flashes; they began to move so fast in an out of your vision that you couldn't even see them any more.
"Aura...!" Sheena asked, kneeling next to you,
"My...head..." you groan weakly.
"Not surprising..." Kratos said, regarding you with emotionless eyes.
"What are you saying?!" demanded Lloyd,
"After running from Cruxis four years ago, Aura sealed away her memory. And, over the course of this journey, she's been getting it back. Now, I suppose, she is getting back a great deal." Kratos turned to Lloyd and announced.

"Aura is one of the five Seraphim as well."
"Sh--she's...?!" asked Raine,
"Hm...I suppose I should address her properly then..." Kratos commented, "As Lady Aura."
"That's a lie!" Lloyd argued.
"Lord Kratos...Lady Aura....Lord Yggdrasill..." you murmur, the names coming through the whirl of visions, "...Seraphim...of Cruxis..."
"Y-you actually know what he's talking about...!?" Sheena asked,
"Our lord wishes for her safe return to Cruxis. So, I assumed that protecting her as well would be a wise decision." Kratos explained,
"Kratos is an angel, too?" asked Genis, "That means that Aura...that she has wings because she's from Cruxis...!"
"You deceived us! You lied to Aura!!" Sheena exclaimed, standing "She thought you had feelings for her!"
"Ridiculous." Kratos told simply.
"How dare you lie to Aura like that!" the summoner yelled.

"Deceived? Lied to?" Kratos continued, "If the Chosen merges with Martel, she will awaken, and the world will be saved. Is that not what you wanted? And Aura...she began to show feelings for me, and I merely copied them. Simple."
"Grrrrrr!!" Sheena growled, clenching her fists.
"......!" even through your headache you'd heard his words... it felt like your heart shattered.
"Wh...What do you mean 'simple'!?!" Sheena demanded,
"You...you knew..." your voice was quiet but loud enough for everyone to hear, "...you knew this...whole time...that I..."
"..." he was silent for a moment, "...Yes. I did know that you were indeed Lady Aura from Cruxis. I've known ever since the Martel Temple...in Iselia."
"You...never told me...why...?" you demand, barely able to raise your head to look at him,
"You ran from Cruxis and our Lord," Kratos responded, "If I told you that you were from Cruxis and you remembered why you fled...I took into consideration that you may have merely fled again."
"N...nghh..." you sink to a full sitting position. The headache was slowly dying, but you were left feeling weak.

"Colette...Once her body is taken by the Goddess Martel," Raine explained, "Colette will truly die...but Aura..."
"No. Colette will be reborn as Martel." Kratos corrected. "But of course. I must take Lady Aura with us when we return to Cruxis, seeing how impatient our Lord is getting."
"...Dammit! You think I'm gonna let you do that?! Colette and Aura are our friends!" Lloyd yelled at him.

"You'll pay for hurting Aura like that!" Sheena told the Seraphim, giving him a stone-cold-glare.
"Hmph." he responded. He drew a sword which was glowing red like a fire,
"P...Professor, I'll..." you start weakly,
"Stay here." Raine ordered gently, "You're in no shape to fight now, Aura... Wait, at least, until your headache is gone."
"......"

In about five minutes, everyone had been injured except for the "Mercenary". Your headache finally began to die, and you pushed yourself up to your feet. Despite it being four on one, it appeared no one stood a chance. Sheena fell, and Kratos raised his sword, most likely to strike a finishing blow.

"No!" you run as quickly as you could, stopping the sword with your hands. You hadn't been thinking, and realized that you hadn't been thinking when the odd heat from the sword burned your hand, and the blade cut your palms.
"Aura!" Lloyd exclaimed. Kratos gasped quietly and stared at you,
"A...Aura...? he whispered.
"Why did I know what was happening to Colette?!" you demand, "Why did you never even mention that I was from Cruxis like you!?"
"You really have lost your memory," he told you, "Lady Aura....You really don't remember me, or anything!" with a forceful swing, your thrown to the away, landing hard on your right side,
"Ah!!" you hold your hands to you, channeling cooling mana over your palms in order to stop the burning.

Soon, too soon for your help, the battle ended... You all had fallen...he had beaten everyone...single handedly...
"...D...dammit...!" Lloyd cursed.
"..." Kratos raised his sword, as if to strike Lloyd and finish him off.