The Tower of Salvation (2)

Tower of Salvation 4

QUIZ START: You slowly begin to wake; your body still tingled a bit, but the pain and burning had died away by that time... After opening your eyes it took a moment to realize that you were in Yuan's base. You were lying on a bed, in the same room you had been placed in when you he kidnapped you back in Triet. However, for the time being, you didn't think about getting out...
You were still thinking about...Him. *Kratos, how could you...?* you think, your eyes stinging a bit as they began to feel moist. You quickly wipe your eyes, doing your best to push thoughts of Kratos from your mind. It was then that you noticed... you were alone; you sit up, and look around the room. Nobody was there.
"Lloyd? Guys?" you ask. A Desian entered the room, hearing you asking for your friends,
"Ah, Miss Aura, you're awake." he greeted, "Come with me, your friends are waiting." Seeing no better option at the moment, you get off the bed and follow him.

While you walked the Desian explained that they were actually called the 'Renegades' and they were very different from Desians. Yuan, whom he addressed as Lord Yuan, was their leader.
"Oh...I see." you nod, telling him that you understood his explanation. You arrive at a door after a few moments of walking; it was probably the main 'office'. After stepping inside you find that Yuan was there, and so were Lloyd and the others. "Guys...!"
"Aura! You're ok!" Genis sighed gratefully. Sheena hugged you,
"Man, am I glad to see you up and walking around." she confided. You smile a little; a sad smile, "Come on, Yuan was just explaining something to us." you join the others, as the Renegade Leader began his explanation again...

"Now, as I was saying," Yuan continued "We're an underground resistance dedicated to fighting the Desians...or rather, the Cruxis."
"So Cruxis and the Desians really are the same organization!" Lloyd cursed softly. You put a hand on your head,
"You ok?" asked Genis,
"Fine, I'm fine. ...My head is hurting is all..." you say.
"Correct. Cruxis controls the Church of Martel in the open. And operates the Desians from behind the scenes." Botta explained, "The Desians are a subordinate organization within Cruxis."
"The Church of Martel is nothing more than an instrument created by Cruxis to rule the world." Yuan finished, "Those who call themselves angels are half-elves, who've evolved by using a special type of Exsphere called 'Cruxis Crystals'. They aren't gods, or anything of the sort. Of course, the Church of Martel and the Chosen know nothing about that."
"They're half-elves too?!" asked Genis,
"But--" you start,
"You, Aura, aren't a half-elf. Neither is Kratos." Yuan interrupted.
"I see..." you murmur then Botta continued,
"Yes. Some of the Desians, as well as Cruxis, and ourselves, are half-elves." Botta confirmed,
"...What is Cruxis trying to do?" asked Lloyd "Are they doing all of this just to rule the world?"
"Do you intend to have us explain everything?" asked Yuan, slight annoyance in his voice, "How about using your own head a little?"
"They want to revive the Goddess Martel, right?" you ask,
"Yes." Yuan confirmed,
"Hey, you know what's goin' on?" asked Sheena.
"Well...not everything. Bit I think I've got the basics of it." you explain "They send oracles to those of the mana lineage, and control their marriages, to create Chosen who would become the vessel for Martel."
"Well, well. I am impressed." Botta complemented.
"That seems meaninglessly drawn out and complicated." Raine argued.
"But...she's right." he told the Professor,
"There is another world beyond Sylvarant that competes for Mana." Yuan explained,
"Tethe'alla." Lloyd put in,
"Yes. And the one who created this twisted world was Cruxis' leader, Yggdrasill." Yuan said. Everyone gasped, stiffening abruptly upon hearing the news.

Your head pounded suddenly, but only for a second. Although pain still resonated inside your head for a small while after. You put your had back on your forehead,
"It seems your regaining your memory, Aura." Yuan told you,
"If that's why I have a headache, then....I guess so..."
"Create a world? Thats ridiculous! No one can do that!" Genis argued,
"If that's what you believe, then our conversation ends here." Yuan responded, he turned on his heel, appearing to be ready to leave.
"Wait, if Yggdrasill was the one that created the two worlds himself, what can you possibly hope to do against someone like that?" asked Lloyd, "And that's not all. You tried to kill Colette and me. And you kidnapped Aura. You're certainly not on our side. Yet for some reason, you saved us. Why?"
"...Your not as stupid as you seem." the half-elf told him,
"Excuse me?!" demanded Lloyd
"...Our goal is to stop Martel's revival." Botta told him, "Therefore the Chosen, who would become her vessel, was an obstacle."
"Unfortunately, the Chosen completed the Angel transformation." Yuan interrupted, "The Chosen is now a lethal weapon whose only goal is self-preservation. We wouldn't dare lay a hand on her."
"What's so important about Aura?" asked Raine. "Last I've checked, you've tried to kidnap her on more than one occasion as well, though I doubt your aim was to kill her."
"Aura's just a normal girl, right?" Sheen asked.
"...Anything but." Yuan responded. Your eyes widen slightly,
"W-what?" you asked.
"It...would be far to...time-consuming to try and explain fully what happened." Botta told you,

"But now, we have the two Keys to stop Martel's resurrection. We no longer need the Chosen!" Yuan announced. Renegades surround you all,
"...What?!" asked Lloyd. The blue-haired half-elf turned back to all of you.
"What we need are you two! Lloyd Irving and Aura Asakura!"
"...Me and Aura?! What's so special about us?" asked Lloyd, you didn't speak, still tryin to decipher what he meant earlier.
"That's none of your concern! Get them!" Yuan ordered. You all get ready to fight as the Renegades move in. You were all surrounded.

Seeing no better option, Lloyd kicked Yuan in the side. You didn't think that would do much... when red seeped into his cloths. His whole side was quickly red, and he fell to his knees,
"UGH!" He clamped a hand over his side to try and stop the blood flow,
"Lord Yuan!" exclaimed to of the Renegades,
"No! It's his wound from Hima!" Botta said worriedly, rushing to his leader's side,
"Ugh. Kratos...how many times must you get in my way?!" Yuan cursed.
"Wound from Hima? Are you telling me the one who attacked Kratos was--?" started Lloyd. But you all make a break for the exit,
"Lloyd! What are you doing?!" demanded Sheena, Lloyd quickly caught up with you all. Then you all Run For It! Sheena Summoned Corrine to guard your escape. After running down a few corridors and hallways you paused.
"We have to get out of here!" Lloyd mumbled,
"But the entrance is probably blocked." Genis argued.
"Follow me." you suggest, "I think I know the way."

"Quickly!" Botta exclaimed. "Catch up to them! We can't allow them to escape to Tethe'alla!"
"Botta is right." Yuan agreed "But." all the Renegades waited for his orders "Lloyd and Aura must be captured alive. And don't harm Aura, no matter what. You will not raise a hand against her unless there is absolutely no other option. Understood?"
"Yes sir!" then they headed out.

After working your way through a bunch of puzzles...you wind up in another hallway which was both deserted and slightly out of the way. You paused there momentarily to discuss and catch your breath,
"Dammit! What's so special about me and Aura?!" exclaimed Lloyd,
"I wish I knew..." you respond,
"Those Renegades need to hurry up and make up there freakin' minds about whether they're our enemies or not!" the brunette boy growled angrily.
"Lloyd, what are we going to do now?" asked Genis,
"We've got to save Colette somehow." he responded. You cradle your right arm again; just thinking about what happened...what Yggdrasill did... made faint pain tingle through your scars, "She's going to die if she becomes Martel's vessel. And we can't let Yggdrasill get anywhere near Aura again, either."
"But what can we do?" the little elf pressed,
"...Sheena. Where did you get your Exsphere?" asked Raine, turning to the Summoner,
"Huh? Well that came out of nowhere." she commented, "I got this before I came here. They attached it to me at the Imperial Research Academy."
"Is it normal for people to equip Exspheres in Tethe'alla?" asked the Professor,
"No. Not at all. The technology was originally brought over by the Renegades." Sheena responded, "Nowadays, Exspheres are mainly attached to Machines."
"Wait a second. So Tethe'alla and the Renegades are on the same side?" asked Lloyd seriously,
"I'm not sure if you could say that." Sheena responded, "But the Renegades were the ones that brought us the information about the nature of the two worlds, and the plan to assassinate the Chosen was their idea. They talked the King and the Pope into it." she then quoted, "'If you desire for Tethe'alla to prosper, kill the Chosen of Sylvarant.'"
"That's horrible!" Genis gasped.
"Lloyd, I suggest we go to Tethe'alla." Raine voiced,
"Why Tethe'alla?" asked her little brother,
"Don't you remember what Yuan said?" she questioned, "Angels are half-elves that evolved using special Exspheres called Cruxis Crystals."
"Oh. I get it..." you slowly stopped listening as you wrestled with the memories from the Tower of Salvation, trying to push them from your mind.

After a decision was reached, you begin to move again, slowly and carefully navigating your way deeper into Yuan's base.
In the end you wind up at some form of hanger. Raine pressed a few buttons on a machine in the hanger, and a flying craft appeared out of an opening in the floor.
"So, these are the Rheairds." Lloyd mumbled, looking over the machine with interest.
"Hurry! They'll catch up to us!" Sheena urged. You all board the Rheairds as she had ordered,
"Alright, then! Tethe'alla, here we come!" Lloyd exclaimed. Then you all take off...headed for Tethe'alla...
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last of the Tower of Salvation stories.

The story continues in:
Tethe'alla Chronicles