Psych Ward Stories

Jealousy and Hopefulness

The visit went well. I told Harry about the food, how Corinna was gone, and how my period started. He told me about new shows he was watching and gave me more letters. Getting to see him every day was amazing, but I did miss getting to see him at home. I missed sitting with him on the couch watching our favorite shows. I missed cuddling with him and our dog at night. I missed home.

When he left, I went back to my room to lie down. I was in so much pain. I wanted to sleep it off. Danielle came out of the bathroom with a huge smile on her face, “Hey you! What's going on?” I placed my hand over my stomach, “Cramps.” She sat down on her bed and unraveled her wet hair from her towel turban, “Oh no. Did you ask the nurse for some Tylenol?” I shook my head, “I'll be alright after a nap. How are you doing?”

Her smile reappeared as she brushed her long locks, “I'm going home tomorrow. I just found out. I am so excited to be back home with my husband and my kids!” I was happy for her and congratulated her. The hormones didn't help when it came to jealousy. First Corinna, now Danielle? Yeah, I was the new girl, but I wanted to go home too.

Danielle got back up to blow dry her hair. I rolled over and glared at the closet door until my eyelids began to shut.

“Candice?” A girl from my wing knocked at my door, “Hey, Candice. Your doctor is looking for you. I think you have a meeting.” My eyes snapped open and I scrambled to my feet. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.