Psych Ward Stories

Back Home and Advice

At home, I was reunited with my dog. He was elated to see me and jumped all over me. Harry handed me a bag from the first hospital, “They gave me this. It's everything you had on that day.” I opened it and pulled out my jeans and my sweater. The sweater was covered in vomit. I scrunched up my nose and threw it in the laundry.

I had to charge my cell phone before I could use it. I sent texts to my mother, my sister, and my best friend, Sam. I told them that I was out of the hospital and feeling fine.

Now, I suppose this is the part where I tell you guys that I went to therapy and got better, but I didn't. I went twice and hated it. I'm still depressed and currently not taking medicine for it. I still think about wanting to disappear on occasion, but I guess that's all part of living with the disease.

I am nowhere near perfect and my life is a crazy mess, but I deal with it.

I STRONGLY encourage anyone feeling depressed and/or suicidal to TALK to someone. Anyone. There are hotlines you can call for free. There are clinics you can go to that are inexpensive. Life is hard, trust me, I know. It has it's good points too, though. Please be around to see them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all so much for reading! It means the world to me, really!

Let me know if there are any stories floating around here that you'd like me to read.

Thanks so much!!! :)