Psych Ward Stories

Loneliness and Traveling

My new room was more comfortable than my cell in the green dungeon, but it was just as boring, if not more. Instead of a TV room, each room had a TV. I was allowed to watch whatever I wanted, but I wasn't a fan of TV. I slept, ate, watched TV, and called my boyfriend.

The stupid social worker came back and asked how I was doing. I was tired of being asked how I was doing. I wanted to go home, how else would I be doing? My attitude was hard to keep steady, but I tried my best to be nice. I asked her how long I would be there. “Usually, it's three days. Could be more, could be less,” she told me. Another three days?!

Devastated, depressed, and annoyed, I held on to the the idea of finally going home and seeing my boyfriend and our dog. The nurses began to hate me from how often I asked to use the phone. They stopped letting me use it.

I was alone. At least the people in the dungeon were nice.

On the third day, my ride came again in the form of a wheelchair. My heart skipped with joy, “Am I finally going home?” The nurse shook her head, “I'm afraid not. A spot opened up at Patrick B. Harris. That's where you're going.”

There was no more disappointed after that. I was just pure rage.