Tales of Symphonia Story, Tethe'alla Chronicles (3)

The New Symphonia Story 13

QUIZ START: After two days you all finally arrive at Mount Fooji. After about a thirty minute climb up it's gravely pathways you make it to the top. The Rheairds were still there, crashed into the mountain. Just like you left them.
"Hey, Zelos." Lloyd asked "How are we going to carry these?"
"Oh. I'll show ya. Come over here for a sec." you follow him over to the middle of the plateau, when you were surrounded by a force field. Instinctively, you all back up slightly, looking around the force field *Wh-wha?! Where did this...!?* you think. Colette hadn't been standing with all of you, she was outside of the force field,
"You walked right into my trap, fools!" a familiar voice announced. It was Yuan. He and two Renegades were waiting. You all turn towards Zelos,
"He just called you a fool." Lloyd told him.
"Zelos...is clumsy." Presea agreed,
"Gah...I'm so sad now..." Zelos mumbled. You turned back to the blue-haired half elf,
"...Yuan?" you ask.
"...You." he looked to the two Renegades with him "Retrieve the Rheairds."
"Yes, sir!" the two Renegades run to the Rheairds, and use the Wing Packs they had to make the Rheairds easy to transport.
"This time, you and Aura are mine, Lloyd." Yuan told him, as his two men finished their tasks.
"...Dammit!!" Lloyd muttered "...You stay away from her!" he pushed you behind him defensively,
"L-Lloyd!" you exclaim.
"Yeah!" Sheena stood next to him "Stay away from Aura!"
"Sheena..." when a woman appeared. It was Pronyma.
"Oh. Lord Yuan. What brings you to this place?" she asked curiously,
"I think I've seen that lady somewhere before..." Genis said thoughtfully.
"I should ask you the same, Pronyma!" Yuan shot back "The role of you Desians is to wreak havoc upon the declining world!"
"I have come here on Lord Yggdrasill's orders to retrieve Colette and Lady Aura. Please turn them over to me."
"The Chosen, fine. Aura no." Yuan responded, "I'm taking custody of her and Lloyd."
"Why? Is it to try and get back the memories of your dear little sister that Yggdrasill locked away? And concerning Lloyd, I have received no orders in regards to him. So, please do as you wish, my lord."
"..." Yuan's expression hardened.
"...Fine. But I will come back for Aura. Lord Yggdrasill is getting far too impatient." Pronyma said.
"I won't let you take her..." Yuan hissed under his breath.
"Yuan..." you mutter, hearing his hiss. He glanced at you, then turned back to Pronyma.

Pronyma floated over to Colette.
"Colette! Don't go!" Lloyd called.
"Hahahaha. A futile effort. Your words cannot reach a Chosen who has lost her soul." Pronyma said, when she noticed Lloyds' Key Crest. "What is this? Why is there such a crude Key Crest upon the Cruxis Crystal? ...How pathetic. I shall remove this ugly thing at once." she moved to pull it off when....

"N...no!!" Colette exclaimed suddenly, "This is a birthday present that Lloyd gave me!"
"Colette...spoke!" Genis gasped,
"Colette! Are you back to normal!?" asked Lloyd hopefully, she turned to all of you but instant confusion spread across her face.
"What? Why is everyone... inside that thing?" she asked.
"Impossible!" Yuan exclaimed, shocked "Theres no way that pitiful Key Crest could restrain the Cruxis Crystal!"
"Wow...Not bad, Lloyd." Zelos complemented,
"How could this happen?..." asked Pronyma. "Still, in the end, it is but a worthless bauble. It shant last long! Now. Come with me!"
"Stop!" you order. You force your mana level up, and direct your mana through your Exsphere. After your wings burst from your back, you fly over the force field, you draw your sword and swing it at Pronyma forcing away from Colette. You landed between the two, staying put, sword at the ready, "Stay away from her!" you demand, your angelic wings still sparkling on your back.
"Gr... Lady Aura, you are becoming a nuisance!" Pronyma growled. *L-...Lady Aura?* you think.
"Leave Aura alone!" Colette exclaimed "O-Ops!" she tripped and fell onto the force-field generator. You quickly look back towards her; smoke flew from the top of it. It broke "...Whoops. Oh...oh no! I broke it!" she exclaimed as the force-field disappeared,
"All right! Good job, my beautiful Aura and darling Colette! I think I'm falling in love! <3" Zelos said
"Hahahahahaha! Now thats our Colette!" Genis exclaimed,
"Some things never change..." Raine agreed. You help Colette stand,
"Good to have you back." you tell her.
"That brought back some painful memories..." Sheena said.
"Colette!!" exclaimed Lloyd happily
"Lloyd! Lloyd, thank you for the present! I was so happy... I was really happy, but there wasn't anything I could do at the time." Colette told him.
"Its ok, don't worry about it." Lloyd told her
"And thank you for saving me, Aura."
"Don't worry." you say, pulling your silver wings back in.
"Behind you!!" Raine exclaimed. You got another '!'mark and turned around.
"You impudent!... Prepare to die!!" Pronyma exclaimed.

"I don't care what Yggdrasill's orders are! I'm taking you back in pieces Lady Aura!!" Pronyma exclaimed, summoning her wand. The battle was though, but you managed to win. Pronyma gasped,
"I'm sorry...Lord Yggdrasill..." Pronyma collapsed to the ground, while Lloyd turned to your brother,
"This is the perfect opportunity! Yuan! I'm going to settle our score right now!!" Lloyd charged at Yuan, sword drawn,
"No!!" you exclaim "Lloyd! Stop!" the half elf didn't move. But there was a loud clang, and Lloyd's attack was deflected. Standing there, sword drawn was....

"Kratos?!" exclaimed Lloyd. You gasp quietly. It was Kratos, but instead of being dressed in purple, he was wearing a white angelic outfit. The same as the one you saw flashes of him wearing back in Sylvarant. Your heart was pounding, and you were shaking. *Wh-...Why am I so...Scared?* you think...
"...What are you doing here?" your so claimed 'half-brother' growled. It sounded like...he was mad at Kratos
"Leave, Yuan. Lord Yggdrasill has summoned you." Kratos told him, sheathing his sword. It felt like your heart beat 5 times harder when Kratos actually spoke.
"Aura..." Sheena put a comforting arm around you,
"Grr... Are you taking the Chosen? Or....Aura?"
"No...We shall leave them for now. Its the toxicosis, and...an issue."
"...I see, Lloyd, our battle will have to wait." Yuan then growled at Kratos, "Stay away from her." pale pink wings appeared on his back, then he took off, heading in the general direction of the Tower of Salvation.
"..."

"He's an angel, too?!" exclaimed Sheena, who still had an arm around your shoulders,
"Dammit, Yuan! Wait!" Lloyd exclaimed, running to the edge of the cliff.
"...What are you doing?" asked Kratos
"...What?"
"Why have you come all the way here, to Tethe'alla?" the...Angel asked, arms folded over his chest,
"I'm here to save Colette. And get Aura's memories back..."
"What good will saving the Chosen do? The relation of the two worlds vying for each others mana will not change. Their positions have merely been reversed by the regeneration ritual." Kratos said "And Aura? You really think you will be able to find all of her memories? You really think she will be able to remember everything?"
"Shut up!" Lloyd yelled at him,
"Has Tethe'alla begun to decline?" asked Sheena.
"The Tower of Salvation can still be seen from this world as well." Kratos said, glancing over at the Tower that was in the distance, "As long as that exists here, it means that this world is still flourishing. Although in the event that the Chosen becomes Martel's vessel Tethe'alla will surely bid farewell to its era of prosperity."
"Dammit! Isn't there anything that can be done?! Yggdrasill's the one that built this twisted world!!" Lloyd told him
"Lord Yggdrasill does not consider it 'twisted'." the Seraphim argued calmly, "If you want to do something about it, use your own head...I thought you weren't going to make any more mistakes?"
"Yeah. I'll do it!" Lloyd said "This stupid system of two worlds stealing mana from each other... I swear I'll change it!"
"Heh...well. Do your best." Kratos told him sarcastically.

Then he looked back at you... your heart was pounding, Sheena got in front of you,
"...Calm down. I said I wasn't here to take her back." Kratos said
"I don't care-- you've done enough! Stay away!!" Sheena yelled at him,
"...back..." you murmur.
"...Are you finally seeing the truth, Lady Aura?" asked the Seraphim. For some reason... you just hated being called 'Lady' Aura.
"...Stop Calling Me That." you tell him.
"...hmph." he snorted.
"For all I know...for all I know your just Lying...again..." you add.
"..." Kratos didn't say anything momentarily "...Believe what you will." he told you finally. "But even your brother cannot protect you from Yggdrasill...Lady Aura." he called you that again...and again.... you just hated to be called that. Everyone seemed confused by the statement.
"Brother?" asked Lloyd. Kratos' blue wings appeared on his back, as he turned away from all of you. He glanced back once, and then flew away.

You gasp quietly *That...blue...* that was the same color as the flash of blue you saw when you fell from your Rheaird...
"I remember!" Genis exclaimed, "That Pronyma was the one on the projector at the Asgard Ranch!"
"That means she's a Desian!" Sheena said
"Now that Kratos came to interfere and all-- it looks like the Desians and Cruxis are really the same organization..." Genis said.
"It would appear that Yuan is connected to Cruxis as well." Raine said. Your heart skipped a beat,
"Gahh, this is all so confusing! In other words, they're all our enemies, right?" Lloyd asked.
"Yes. That means we must be careful of everyone. Including the Renegades." Raine finished.
"Colette is everything else back to normal? Besides your voice, can you feel things and such?" asked Genis,
"Yup! I think I'm ok. Thanks everyone. And I'm sorry I made all of you worry so much." Colette said "Hey, you know what...? ...I think I'm hungry for the first time in a long while."
"Thats great!" Lloyd exclaimed.
"It looks like I still have wings thought." Colette said, her sparkling pink wings popping out of her back.
"Oh..."
"Hmmm. Just like I thought." Zelos said. "Colette is definitely cuter when she smiles! <3"
"Lets see, your...Zelos?"
"Ohh! You remembered my name! We Chosen have to stick together you know what I mean?!" Zelos exclaimed.
"Ok!" she agreed.
"Now what shall we do? Since Colette has regained her soul. Theres no need for us to head immediately back to Sylvarant but..."
"Yeah..." Lloyd agreed "We know what we have to do! Were going to search for a way to save both worlds in order to prevent any more Chosen like Colette!"
"I agree with Lloyd. I promised Sheena, too." Colette said.
"Colette..." she sighed.
"H-hey, wait a minute!" you yelp, "I promised Kate-- We have to go back to Sybak!"
"What about Presea? Its not fair to keep dragging her around like this!" Genis added,
"...I...want to go home." she said,
"Oh yeah. We need to take Presea to that Kate chick Aura made that promise to." Zelos agreed.
"Unfortunately I doubt we can use the Grand Tethe'alla Bridge anymore." Raine said,
"Hmm...I have contacts in Meltokio. Lets ask them for help." Sheena suggested,
"But were wanted traitors. Can we even get into Meltokio?" asked Genis,
"Leave that to me. I know Meltokio like the back of my hand." Zelos assured.
"All right." Lloyd agreed "Were counting on you Zelos."
"You got it! You can always count on me!" Zelos said "Now, my hunnies, were off to Meltokio! <3"
"Colette..." Lloyd said "...Welcome back."
"...Hehe. I'm glad to be back." she agreed.

But as you leave...
"Ah--... Aura, wait. What were Pronyma and Kratos talking about?" Raine asked. "Pronyma said that you were Yuan sister. Kratos said... 'not even your brother can protect you from Yggdrasill'..."
"I-I..." you say "I...really just don't want to talk about it...not now..."
"...All right. Lets go." Lloyd agreed.