Tales of Symphonia Story, Tethe'alla Chronicles (3)

The New Symphonia Story 19

QUIZ START: Soon, you all arrive at Sybak. After entering the city, you're met by a familiar face, and your heart started racing.
"Kratos!" Lloyd exclaimed, indeed it was him. And he was still wearing the white angelic outfit you'd seen on Fooji. He didn't look surprised when you all arrived, and looked over you all with little interest, "Are you trying to take Colette and Aura away?!"
Everyone got in front of you and Colette defensively, ignoring the outcome of their last battle with the Seraphim. Genis and Sheena on either side of Colette. Raine and Presea in front of you. Lloyd was in the very front and he drew one of his swords,
"...I have no intention of fighting you inside the city." Kratos responded coldly. The Angel drew his sword and with one swing knocked Lloyd's sword out of the way, also hitting him in the leg,
"AH!!" Lloyd yelped, falling to the ground. Kratos sheathed his sword, and folded his arms over his chest. Not impressed in the least.
"You still lack the skills to defeat me."
"Don't insult me!" Lloyd yelled at the angel, forcing himself to his feet, ignoring how hurt his leg was,
"I merely speak the truth." Kratos told him. He walked forward, and Sheena and Presea got out of the way. He stopped next to Colette, keeping his eyes straight forward.
"Chosen One." Kratos said, not looking at Colette, or anybody "If you wish to live, you must remove that worthless Key Crest."
"...No." Colette said defiantly while turning to him "I'm never taking it off. Lloyd gave this to me."
"...Foolish sentiments." is all he said. Kratos began to leave once again, but just before he left the city...

Kratos stopped, and asked over his shoulder,
"Lady Aura,"
"...What?" you ask,
"I'm not going to force you to come back. Because I know its would be futile waste of effort; along with how easily Yuan is angered when it comes to the issue of his sister.... Aside from that, our Lord has specifically promised that if anyone serving him harms you, he will see to it they are killed..."
"..." you don't respond and Kratos continued,
"But I would advise returning to Cruxis as soon as possible. It is in your best interest."
"...What will happen if I don't?" *Besides...* you think, *Since when have you actually cared about my 'best interests'?*
"Lord Yggdrasill is mad enough now. Just because he forbid those he comrades to hurt you...doesn't mean that he won't. Keep avoiding and defying him much longer... And I can promise that you will receive another scar as punishment for your stubbornness. And, perhaps... be put through pain you can't imagine."
"..."
"It would be wise to return to Cruxis now. If you have finally learned enough... You will abandon this hopeless, futile attempt to retrieve your memories, and return to Cruxis. I shall escort you back, seeing how you don't remember your own way. And, then, it would be less likely for you to get...side tracked."
"..." you would need more 'convincing' than that to go back to Cruxis, let alone go with Kratos, "What about Yuan? Even if I did...want to go back, I doubt he would let me."
"By returning of your own free will, Yuan will have no say. Although he might have his own suspicions, there will be nothing he could do to confirm them. And Lord Yggdrasill would be less likely to hurt you... as badly." the Angel responded,
"...No." you tell him, turning towards him despite the fact that he wouldn't face you, "I'm never going to go. I know that...denying that I ever served Lord Yggdrasill is a lie. Maybe I did serve him...once. But I'm never going to again. I won't abandon trying to find my memories, because I know it isn't 'hopeless' or 'futile'. I will remember my past, no matter what anyone says or does to try and stop me. I'm not going... back to Cruxis. With or without you."
"...Fine. Keep believing that you will remember your past. Even though that means you believe in something that is a dream and nothing more. At least its something to believe in." he told you. "But, a final warning. Lord Yggdrasill won't forbid his followers from hurting you much longer. As long as he gets you back, alive...I doubt he will care. It would be wisest to return, Now." Kratos hadn't looked back at you the whole time.
"..." you let silence be your response,
"...Very well, then." the angel said, "I see your decision is final; I can do nothing to change that. Just remember, I tried to warn you..." then he left.