Tales of Symphonia Story, Tethe'alla Chronicles (3)

The New Symphonia Story 25

QUIZ START:
"What was that all about?!..." Lloyd demanded.
"If he wanted you to leave because of me, I'll go and you could ask him again..." you suggest,
"He turned us away before he even noticed you," Regal responded, "I doubt your presence with us would make a difference."
"I APOLOGIZE." Tabatha apologized, "THE MASTER DOES NOT WANT TO GET INVOLVED WITH PRESEA. NOR DOES HE WISH TO PUT MISS AURA IN... DANGER."
"How would he put me in...?" you ask,
"Why?..." Genis demanded, "He doesn't care if Presea dies?!"
"IT IS NOT THAT." Tabatha responded. Her tone never changed, not once "IT IS BECAUSE THE MASTER REGRETS WHAT HE HAS DONE."
"Then please, save Presea!" Colette asked, "All she needs is for her Key Crest to be fixed, right?"
"...I DO NOT KNOW IF THAT WOULD TRULY BE IN HER BEST INTEREST."
"Why?" asked Lloyd, "How could anything be worse than living in that cruel condition while waiting to die?!"
"IF YOU ARE THAT COMMITTED, THEN YOU SHOULD SEARCH FOR INHIBITOR ORE." Tabatha suggested,
"Presea's Key Crest isnt made out of inhibitor ore?" asked Lloyd,
"CORRECT. HER CREST IS--" she began.
"Tabatha! What are you doing? Get rid of them!" Altessa yelled from where he was working,
"I APOLOGIZE. I MUST RETURN. PLEASE COME BACK AGAIN. I WILL ATTEMPT TO PERSUADE HIM." Tabatha apologized, "MISS AURA, I WISH THE BEST FOR YOUR SAFETY."
"Th...Thank you?" you ask. She showed you to the door, then closed it after you had left.

"What the heck was that Tabatha chick talking about?" Zelos asked, "Aura's not in danger! She's got us!"
"......." you tried to think of where you could have seen Altessa before, however you couldn't remember anything.
"Where can we find the inhibitor ore?" asked Colette "If we get it, we can make her Key Crest, right?"
"I've heard," ventured Regal, "It's mined in the mountain range that extends between Altamira and the Ymir Forest." he then added, "I would like to help if your going to create a Key Crest for Presea. I can lead you to the mine."
"...Ymir...Forest...?" you mumble, then think, *Wait...Regal is a convict. How would he know the exact location of the mine?*
"Just what is your relation to Presea, anyway?" asked Lloyd,
"There is none." Regal told him, a dash of uneasiness crossing his voice.
"Yet you sure seem concerned about her." Raine commented.
"Well, either way, you haven't done anything suspicious so far." Lloyd told him, "You're welcome to come along with us."
"Inhibitor ore is found relatively near the surface of the Exsphere mine." Regal explained, "The mine I know of is across the sea from here, on the southern continent."
"You said Altamira, right?" asked Zelos, hopefully "That place is awesome! Let's stop by there on the way!"
"We don't have time to hang out at that gaudy resort!" Sheena told him angrily,
"The sea?...We're going out to sea again?" asked Raine, uneasily.
"Raine?" you question,
"N-nothing."
"Okay, then. Let's go!" Lloyd exclaimed,
"Yeah! Let's hurry." Colette agreed.
"Regal, what's this mine called?" you ask,
"I believe it's the Toize Valley Mine." he responded, "It's towards the southern most point of the south continent." Although Zelos hung back a second to talk to Regal, you leave Altessa's house quickly and head towards Ozette. The only way back to a suitable dock, and the only way to get away from Altessa's home, was to go back through the village.

After you make it back up to the main body of the Ozette village you found that the sun was setting.
"We should stay here for the night." Raine suggested. "Unless--"
"No." Regal interrupted, "The mine is too far away. We would barely make it halfway there before full nightfall."
"Okay then. We stay here." Lloyd agreed.
"Well, let's get to the Inn then." Sheena asked,
"What about..." Genis began,
"Presea is still doing her 'job'." you say gently, "I doubt she would want any of us to bother her."
"...Yeah...Okay." the little half-elf mumbled, and followed when you all headed towards the Inn.

The next morning, you leave Ozette and head out to find a dock. After locating one you board the EC. Lloyd drove, and Regal gave him directions; seeing how Regal couldn't drive the boat sufficiently with his hands shackled together. The boat ride lingered on for a good many hours, and it seemed like almost forever before Regal instructed,
"Stop here." Lloyd stopped the boat at the dock, and you got out.
"Hey, what gives?" Zelos asked, "I don't see a Mine or anything!"
"This is the closest we can get on boat. But it is a short walk on foot." he responded,
"Well, let's go then." Lloyd agreed.
Regal spoke the truth about it begin a short walk; it only took around twenty minutes before the Mine entrance came into view. A huge hole in the mountain side, with wood all around the opening, reinforcing it. There was absolutely no light or anything coming from within it; it must've been abandoned.
"Is this it?" you asked,
"Yes." Regal confirmed with a nod, "This is the Toize Valley Mine."