Tales of Symphonia Story, Tethe'alla Chronicles (3)

The New Symphonia Story 28

QUIZ START: An all too familiar voice announced from behind them,
"...So. Not only have you lost the Chosen... But you have lost Lady Aura as well?" It was Kratos.. He was standing on the other side of the clearing from them, watching them calmly. He walked forward a bit,
"You again!" Lloyd exclaimed, "What have you done with Colette and Aura!?"
"Rodyle is ignoring our orders and acting on his own. I know nothing of it." Kratos explained calmly,
"Internal strife? How pathetic." Raine voiced.
"Say what you will." Kratos countered, "Either way, he will have no choice to abandon the Chosen."
"What do you mean?" asked Lloyd,
"The Chosen is useless as she is now. You can let her be." the Seraphim instructed,
"You've gotta be kidding me! We're going to rescue Colette and Aura no matter what! And if you get in our way..." the boy ran forward and tried to strike Kratos with one of his swords. But the Seraphim cleanly blocked with his own. Kratos turned his back to Lloyd,
"...Then I suggest you seek the Rheairds and head for the eastern skies." he commented while sheathing his sword "I'm sure the people of Mizuho have located the Rheairds by now."
"..."
"You don't need to concern yourselves with Lady Aura, either." Kratos added,
"What?! Why?! Cause Rodyle cant use her!?" demanded Genis.
"Rodyle said something about leverage..." Regal voiced, "What did he mean?"
"Lord Yggdrasill cares about Lady Aura, as well as her saftey." he responded, not looking back, "If Rodyle had Lady Aura in his possession. He could threaten her wellbeing, or even her life. Or he give her to Lord Yggdrasill in exchange for him leaving whatever Rodyle's plans are alone."
"What do you mean 'if he had Lady Aura'!?" demanded Sheena, "We just saw him kidnap her!"
"Close your mouth. And allow me to explain." the Seraphim responded.
"..."
"Rodyle could do any of that... If Lady Aura had not been taken away from him as well."
"?!" everyone gasped softly. Rodyle didn't have anymore...!? Then who does?
"If that old creep Rodyle doesn't have Aura, then who does?!" Zelos demanded,
"Her brother." Kratos responded,
"Her...brother...?"
"...Hmph. Apparently you don't know." the Seraphim commented, "Either way. If you want to find Lady Aura, I suggest checking with the Renegades first. Seeing as how they attacked one of Rodyle's dragons shortly after they left the village."
"What? Why would the Renegades attack Rodyle?" asked Genis.
"I cannot..." Kratos began, "Promise that I won't take Lady Aura back to our Lord."
"How could you do that?" Raine asked, "You said it yourself, she's with the Renegade's now."
"That doesn't mean I don't know where she is." Kratos responded.

"Stay away from her! " Lloyd demanded, getting his sword ready.
"There is only a small amount of time... Before I take Aura from the Renegades, and return her to Cruxis." the Kratos warned, "If you care about Lady Aura's wellbeing, then I suggest you hurry and find the Renegades...Before I do." then the man turned and left, walking into the dense forest near them, and disappearing into the trees.
"What's that guy trying to do?" asked Lloyd once Kratos was gone. He sheathed his sword as he turned back,
"Ah, well, who cares?" asked Zelos "If hes useful, make use of him."
"I agree. Anyway, let's head back to Mizuho for now." Sheena added, "We've gotta find Aura before he does. Then we can get the Rheairds and save Colette."
"Okay then!" Genis decided, turning to Presea. "Just to make it official. Welcome to the group Presea!!"
"Thank you." she thanked,
"My cute little Presea." Zelos commented, "I'll protect you, ok?"
"Thank you, Zelos." she nodded,
"Oh! Oh! I'll...I'll..." Genis trailed off, blushing
"Come on! Lets go!" Lloyd exclaimed. And they left.

However, as they left, the little half elf piped up,
"Lloyd...If Aura's with the Renegades, that means Yuan has her now, right?"
"Yeah," the brunette responded, "And he better not hurt her if he knows what's good for him...!"
"Y-You dont think he would..." the half-elf asked worriedly, "...Do you?"
"Gah...I-...I don't know..." Lloyd responded reluctantly,
"Aura's..." he trailed off,
"Hey, when we were comin' down from the Fooji Mountains after that little run-in with Yuan, Kratos and Pronyma..." Zelos voiced, "Didn't our little Silver Maiden mention something about Yuan being her older half-brother?"
"That's right...!" Sheena gasped, "She said Yuan was her half-brother--that he'd told her about it when her Rheaird lagged behind when she came to Tethe'alla."
"Aura has a brother...?" Regal questioned,
"Yup," Zelos responded, "Didn't you know?"
"...I'd assumed Aura was an only child."
"Oh...I keep forgetting that you weren't present on the Fooji Mountains with us when this happened." Raine apologized, "How about we explain on the way to Mizuho?"
"Please." the blue haired man asked. As they continued on their way, Raine and Sheena explained about Yuan and Aura's relationship...and also about how Kratos had hurt her.