Tales of Symphonia Story, Tethe'alla Chronicles (3)

The New Symphonia Story 30

QUIZ START: So, last time Kratos wanted to see you. And, after some deal-making, Yuan agreed to let him...

The door opened, and you listen to light footsteps approaching the bed. You soon feel a presence standing right next to the bed. You manage to control your breath, and get your heartbeat under control; you had to act asleep...you didn't want to speak with him, no way. A few loose strands of hair fell in front of your face, but you don't dare move. The hair was brushed away by a gentle touch, and tucked behind your ear.
"...Aura..." you heard Kratos' voice whisper. You feel his palm lightly rest against your forehead "...Her fever is down...good." he pulled his hand away,
"Kratos." Yuan's voice said, "It's been enough time. Come back. Now." you heard footsteps getting farther away. And Kratos' voice say,
"Yuan...Thank you."
"..." Yuan didn't respond for a second "...You know she's fine. Now leave."
"I will. But answer me this first." you chance it, and open one eye slightly.

You see Kratos and Yuan standing on opposite sides of the doorway. You felt your heart aching while you looked at Kratos; you remembered, even though you tried to burry it in hate...You missed him. You missed talking to him. Having him travel in the group...Just missed Him.
"You're testing my patience." Yuan growled.
"Did Aura tell you about those scars on her arm?" you almost gasp *I-I didn't--...? That time in the forest was the first time Kratos found out about the scars on my arm? B-b-but...*
"...No. She kept it a secret from both of us."
"...Hm..."
"That shouldn't be a concern to you. Now, Leave."
"Alright. Thank you." Kratos disappeared from your view when he moved out of the doorway. And you heard his footsteps getting quieter. Then Yuan glanced in the room, you quickly close your eye. He didn't notice, but said,
"I'll...wait for you to wake..." he closed the door, and you heard his footsteps getting quieter as he walked away as well.

Your eyes open, you want to get up and go talk to Yuan, but you were still tired. Really tired. You can't push yourself up, or even lift your head. Nor could you even try to call 'Big Brother'
"Man..." you murmur. You let a small groan of defeat slip from your lips, before shifting your head on the pillow and going back to sleep.

Your slept for about two to three hours. When you start to wake up again. You feel a lot better now. You open your eyes, to see someone sleeping in the chair next to your bed. It was Yuan. *Yuan...my brother...* you sit up.
"B..." you start, although it only came out a small whisper. You take a deep breath, and ask, "Big brother..."
"Mm...hm?" Yuan opened his eyes,
"Morning...Big brother...." you say, smiling sheepishly
"Aura...Big brother?" he asked, "Heh...I never imagined I'd be called that..." you laugh a little. Yuan put his hand on your forehead "Ah...your fever is almost gone... You're feeling better?"
"Yeah." you tell him as he pulled his hand away. "But...um..."
"What is it?" Yuan asked,
"Why...why is Kratos so concerned about me?" you ask,
"Ah..." his expression turning both surprised and serious,
"He...doesn't care...why is he so concerned?" Yuan's hands were resting on his knees; they were balled into tight fists. Eyes shut, and teeth clenched. You notice, and begin to worry that you said something wrong "Yuan...?" you ask.
"Gr...I don't know why Kratos is so 'concerned'." Yuan growled, opening his eyes and glaring at the wall in front of him. "But I don't care." he looked at you, his expression softened "...I won't let him hurt you again."
"Big brother..." his almost smiled softly. He stood, and skillfully changed the subject.
"...Your probably hungry...I'll get you something..."
"Ah--! But--Wait -!" you start.
"...Little sister...please. I don't want to talk about it..." you stare at him for a moment, before smiling slightly, and murmuring,
"Little...sister..." Yuan smiled softly, and left,
"I'll be right back. I promise." he said right as he walked out of the door.

You rest your hand on your neck, when it hit you. That ring you had found. It was his. *Niisan...* a few minutes later, Yuan came back,
"Hey. Sorry for the wait." he offered you a few rice balls which you took gratefully while he occupied his chair again. After you finished one, you ask,
"Big brother... I think I found something of yours."
"Hm?"
"Hold on a second." you were about to pull your locket from under your shirt, when you ask, "Wait. Turn around."
"What...? Why?"
"Just, I don't know...cover your eyes or something!"
"Fine..." Yuan sighed, putting his hands over his eyes "There, happy?"
"Thanks." You pull your locket from under your shirt to find that the ring was still on it. You unhook the locket chain and begin to slide the ring off.
"Can I uncover my eyes now?" Yuan asked. Both annoyed at you for making him cover his eyes in the first place and now loosing patience. You smile and hold out your hand, the ring resting on your palm.
"Yeah. Go ahead."

Yuan pulled his hands from his eyes. And his eyes instantly fell on the ring in your palm.
"Its yours...isn't it?" you ask softly. Slowly, your brother extended a hand and took the ring from you.
"I thought I had lost it..." he whispered, before slipping the ring back on his finger.
"Yuan," you say "That's an engagement ring... Right?"
"Yes...I gave it too..." he trailed off
"I see...I'm glad I could give it back." you start to eat another rice ball slowly,
"...They're looking for you." Yuan said. You nervously swallow the bite you had been chewing,
"Wh-who?" your brothers expression softened when he saw fear rise in your eyes.
"Unfortunately, Cruxis is. But they won't find you here; that I can assure." you sigh, relieved, "Its your friends."
"Lloyd? And the others?" you ask.
"Yes. The Rheairds have had a Guardian attached to them. Thus the Mizuho information network can track them."
"So their coming here now?"
"Yes. And there is no doubt that they will also come for you."
"...."
"Don't worry. I won't force you to stay here. Leave whenever you want." you smile a little,
"Thanks, Niisan." then you put your hand over your mouth to stifle a yawn. Yuan stood,
"You should go back to sleep." he said "...You still haven't recovered."
"Yeah... Goodnight...big brother." you murmur, getting under the covers, and lying down. Yuan walked to the door,
"...Goodnight...little sister." he said softly, "...if you want to speak with me when you wake up, ask one of the Renegades to show you to my office." Then left, and let you sleep again.