Tales of Symphonia Story, Tethe'alla Chronicles (3)

The New Symphonia Story 46

QUIZ START: You quickly ran outside and began looking around for any signs of Raine while Colette roused Lloyd. *Professor...! Where are you...!?* you wonder. Soon Lloyd and Colette came out of the house,
"What are you talking about?" Lloyd asked,
"It seems Raine left a note saying she had something she wanted to investigate and then left." Genis explained worriedly,
"Where could she have gone...?" you ask worriedly,
"SHORTLY BEFORE DAWN, I SAW A RHEAIRD HEADED SOUTH. PERHAPS THAT WAS RAINE." Tabatha suggested.
"South...so in the direction of Altamira..." Regal mumbled, the certain tone of his words sounded as though he wasn't very happy about Altamira.
"Now that you mention it, Her Highness was acting just a bit strange yesterday." Zelos voiced, using the 'pet name' he had created for Raine, "She was going on and on about the Otherworldly Gate."
"What should we do, Lloyd?" Presea asked,
"Otherworldly...Gate..." you murmur thoughtfully, "Hmm..."
"I'm worried about her being by herself..." Genis voiced,
"Me too," you voice, "Especially with such harsh discrimination against half-elves here..."
"Let's go find her. It's not good for us to be separated right now." Lloyd agreed.
"Ah...um...will you take me with you?" Mithos asked nervously,
"What are you talking about? It's dangerous." Genis told him,
"I know that, but I'm worried about her. There are monsters all over Tethe'alla right now." he paused, "This is the first time I've met another half-elf besides me, so...I want her to be okay."
"...I think he should come," you voice,
"Really?" Lloyd asked,
"We'd all be worried about him if he stayed here...Even with Tabatha and Altessa here." you respond, "I mean...he'd probably go out looking for Raine on his own if we didn't bring him with us."
"...All right, come on." Lloyd agreed

"Thank you, Lloyd!" Mithos told him gratefully,
"Don't worry about it. Any friend of Genis is a friend of mine." Lloyd promised,
"Mine too." you agree.
"...Okay! Let's do our best, Genis!" Mithos said enthusiastically,
"Mithos...thank you." Genis told him. The blonde boy gave him a kind smile in response.
"Genis, let him ride on your Rheaird." Lloyd suggested,
"Okay!" you turned to leave the area to board your Rheairds when the door to the house opened, Altessa walked outside,
"Wait. This is for Presea..." he asked. He held out a metal plate, similar to the ones that you, Lloyd, Genis, Raine, Regal, Sheena, Zelos and Colette all wore on your expheres/ Cruxis crystals.
"A Key Crest..." the boy said softly when Presea didn't seem to know what it was,
"...It's hardly enough to call it an apology, but I went ahead and made one." Altessa explained, offering her the Key Crest, "It will be more reliable than that make shift one she has now." Lloyd turned to Presea who was staring blankly at the key crest,
"Presea. Lets accept it." Lloyd suggested,
"...O...okay." she agreed. She took the key crest, putting it on her exsphere, then you all leave.

After reaching Altamira, you found it really was a seaside paradise. A huge hotel loomed over the small resort beach; a few shorter buildings branching off from the bottom. Slightly farther away another tall building, like and office building, stood. It was really warm here, practically hot; a good place for a beach resort. Lots of people were bustling around, most of them in bathing suites... Now you started to miss the cold, snow, and calm of Flanior. And you were also wishing your outfit was thinner.
You walked into the resort grounds, but Regal stopped just outside the grounds,
"I'm sorry, but I'm going to wait here." he explained. You all stopped, looking back at him confused.
"What's up?" Lloyd asked.
"......" Regal said nothing,
"Won't say why, huh? Well, if you don't want to talk about it, that's your business." Zelos turned to Lloyd, "Lloyd, let him do what he wants."
"Do you want me to stay here too?" you ask, "I don't mind...I don't really care for such hot places."
"Say what?" Zelos demanded, turning towards you, "My Beautiful Silver Maiden doesn't like the finest resort in Tethe'alla?"
"N-no!" you stutter, blushing lightly, "I-I mean this place is nice- I just like colder places better. Like Flanior..."
"It's alright, Aura." Regal responded, "I'll be fine alone...Thank you for offering."
"All right. Well catch you on the way out." Lloyd agreed. Regal left the Altamira grounds to wait, while you and the group went further into the resort.