Tales of Symphonia Story, Tethe'alla Chronicles (3)

The New Symphonia Story 54

Quiz Start:
"Man..." Zelos mumbled, looking regretfully at the metal shutters. Presea heard something, and quickly whirled back,
"Everyone, behind you!" she exclaimed. The cages across the room suddenly opened, and two dragons storm out.
"Wh...what are those things?!" Lloyd demanded
"They look like transport dragons." Raine said, "Their cages probably opened when the self-destruct system was activated."
"Look out!" Regal warned when they stalked forward, "Here they come!"
"Dammit!"

They fought as hard as they could, and managed to win. However they were then surrounded by more dragons.
"There are too many of them!" Sheena exclaimed.
"Damn, they're tough!" Lloyd cursed.
"If we lose, well never be able to pass on Botta's message." Colette murmured.
"Mithos!" Genis gasped, remembering his friend's words. He pulled out the panpipe that his friend had loaned him, and played a song.
There was suddenly a loud crash from overhead, and a shower of white light rained on the dragons, killing them.
"Wh...what was that?!" Lloyd gasped. A golden sparkling bird flew over the open roof, more light fell from the bird, killing more dragons... Then it vanished without warning,
"Was that a Summon Spirit?" Genis wondered aloud.
"Genis! Raine! Everybody!" Mithos' voice called from over them.
"That's Mithos' voice!" the silver haired half-elf said.
"What's Mithos doing here?" Lloyd wondered aloud.
"Please," Mithos called, throwing down a handful of Wing Packs, "Get on these Rheairds!"
"Let's worry about the how and why later." Raine suggested.
"All right." Lloyd agreed

Everyone sailed safely away from the Desians ranch, and flew back towards Palmacosta.
"Mithos! It's really you!" Genis said happily, "But what was that attack just now? And how did you get a Rheaird?"
"I'm sorry." he apologized, "I was worried about all of you, and I just couldn't stay behind. So I asked the Renegades to let me borrow a Rheaird." he looked around, "W-wait--" he started worriedly, "Aura...Wh-where's--"
"Calm down," Raine said, "Aura's older brother thought that she'd be in too much danger here, and he took her to safety."
"She's alright...?" Mithos asked,
"Yeah, she's fine." Lloyd assured,
"Good..."
"Excuse me, Mithos..." Colette asked,
"Huh?" he looked to the blonde girl
"What was that powerful attack?"
"That was a...actually, I don't know either. When I heard the flute, I tried my best to get inside, so I just started blasting the dome with fireballs." he explained, "Then all of a sudden, a golden sparkling bird appeared and helped me."
"Golden sparkling bird? Could it be...Aska?!" Sheena gasped,
"It can't be!" Raine argued, "Why would a Summon Spirit...?"
"What do you mean?" Presea asked.
"Do you think Genis called Aska when he played the flute?" Lloyd asked,
"Mithos' flute?" Genis questioned curiously.
"I wonder..." Raine mumbled; then spoke aloud, "We'll need to investigate the flute itself to find out the truth."
"But shouldn't you all rest first?" Mithos asked, "Let's head back to Palmacosta. I must apologize to Neil...I left without telling him...And, Aura..."
"All right...it's not like we'll figure anything out by dwelling about it here." Lloyd agreed, "Let's head back."
"You guys go on," Sheena told them, "I'll go get Aura and meet you back there."
"Right, be careful, Sheena." Lloyd agreed.
"Yeah." Zelos chimed; then she turned to the side and took off alone.
"Thank you, Mithos! We owe you our lives." Genis beamed at his friend, "I didn't realize how amazing you are!"
"N...not...not at all." Mithos muttered,
"I'm so happy were friends!" Genis said,
"...Yes, me too."

After arriving in Palmacosta the group made their way to the Governors place.
"Everyone! You're back!" Niel greeted.
"Yeah, but barely." Lloyd responded.
"Neil, I'm sorry for leaving without telling you." Mithos apologized.
"I'm so relieved you're safe!" Niel said, "I was so worried about you. As long as you're safe, that's all that matters."
"You can relax, the Palmacosta ranch is not operational." Raine assured.
"I see! That's good to hear." Niel agreed with a sigh, "So what are you going to do now?"
"Well, we need to continue the world regeneration journey..." Lloyd said, "Right, Colette?"
"Ah, y...yes." she agreed, almost awkwardly, "We're...uh...working hard on it."
"I'm sure you are! We're all counting on you, Chosen One!"

A Renegade walked quickly through the base, and came to his leader's quarters.
"S-sir,"
"What is it?"
"Th-this box, sir...it was outside...."
"What is it?"
"I-it's for...Miss Aura, sir."
"Let me see it."
............................
"Sir...?"
"...Hm."
"Should I dispose of it, sir?"
"...No. Take it to her."
"Ye--"
"Wait."
"Sir?"
"...Don't tell her what it is, or who it's from...Just give it to her."
"Understood, sir." the Renegade then left, carrying the small box he had found with him.
"Hm...you really think a Music Box is going to help, Kratos?" Yuan murmured,

The door opened,
"Wh-what is it?" you ask as a Renegade entered the room, carrying a small box,
"...For you." he said bluntly, handing you the box.
"From...Yuan?" you ask, however he didn't respond and left. You open the box to find a somewhat flat circular pendant lying inside. "...?" you pulled the pendant from the box. It was relatively smooth; on the front was a faint, faded engraving of a large tree. "Hmm...?" you traced your thumb over the surface... It felt so familiar to you.
Your thumb tapped a small latch on the side. The circle opened slowly, like a pocket watch, showing mechanics inside; a quiet tune began to play.
"!..." without realizing what you were doing, you began to hum softly with the tune. When it ended you closed the Music Box slowly. "That song..." you murmur. It was peaceful, it was familiar...It was comforting. But when the song played all you could think of was Kratos. "Why...?" you murmur, shutting your eyes.
A new tune floated to your ears; it sounded like the song from the Music Box that you held, however it was a few pitches lower... Behind your closed eyes you saw Kratos holding a circular shaped Music Box which looked exactly like yours. That's what the tune was coming from.
"He..." you opened your eyes, "...He gave...me this?..." you murmur. You open the small box again and listen to the tune play again, "...he gave me this...and he has one...just like it..." All you could do was stare at the small music box.

"...ake...up!"
"!" you sat up with a start, snapping the music box shut. Sheena was standing in front of you, "Sh-Sheena? What happened?"
"You were sleeping," she said. Funny, you didn't remember falling asleep.... Sheena said,
"Hey, everyone's worried about you back at Palmacosta..." she laughed a little, "Mithos is going crazy worrying about you."
"Heh..." you laugh a little, smiling slightly "Right...let's go." as you stood you tucked the music box safely into the pouch on the belt which secured your sword. Then followed Sheena out of the room, out of the base, and then you two flew back to Palmacosta.