Tales of Symphonia Story, Tethe'alla Chronicles (3)

The New Symphonia Story 56

QUIZ START: "Aahhaaaaaaa!!" you bolted upright; heart pounding so hard it would surely bust your ribcage open. You jumped when a wet towel fell into your lap. A comforting hand rested on your shoulder,
"Aura, it's alright, you're safe here. Lie back down."
"P-Professor?" you ask, looking up at her. You then put a hand back on the bed to steady yourself when you felt lightheaded and your head spun,
"Lie back down." she told you gently, "Sitting up so quickly after passing out isn't good for you." You did as she ordered, and also put the wet towel back on your forehead,
"Wh-where am I Professor...?" you ask,
"The Palmacosta Inn." she responded calmly, pulling the wet towel from your forehead and re-wetting it in a small bowl, "You passed out on the dock. Sheena and I brought you back."
"Wh-where's my music box?" you ask. The Professor picked up the small disk from nightstand,
"Here. Don't worry." you sighed gratefully, and muttered,
"Thank you, Professor..." you murmur; she gave you a kind smile and set the towel back on your forehead.
"Go back to sleep Aura, we'll see you in the morning." You close your eyes like she had asked, and sighed quietly as you fell asleep. Just before sleep overcame you, you heard Raine leave the room, and you slept soundly through the night.

You opened your eyes when you wake, sunlight pouring in from the window next to you. You sat up slowly, and looked outside, then swung your legs over the side of the bed.
"!" you jumped slightly when you saw a sparkling royal blue feather sitting on the carpet next to the bed. You pick up the sparkling blue feather; examining it seriously. You looked up, out of the window, "...you gave it to me..." you murmur, almost confused, "You...gave me that memory... Why?" You look back at the feather.
You tie the base of the feather into the bow in your silver ribbon, deciding that, maybe, just maybe, Kratos had a reason for doing what he did... Maybe....
Maybe...he wasn't such a bad guy...
...just maybe...
You stood up, brushed out your hair, and then walked downstairs to meet everyone in the lobby.

"Oh yeah." Genis remembered suddenly, "I need to give Mithos back his flute..." the little half-elf pulled out the pan pipe, only to find a long horizontal crack along the pan pipe, leaving it unplayable, "Oh no!" he gasped.
"...It's broken." Mithos mumbled remorsefully, taking the broken panpipe from Genis.
"I...I'm so sorry!" The silver haired boy apologized quickly, "I know how important it was!"
"...No, it's all right." Mithos insisted, "The flute may be broken, but my memories of my sister are still intact."
"Mithos, I'm sorry. If I can fix it..." Lloyd started,
"It's all right. It was very old. But thank you." Mithos responded,
"Mithos." Raine asked, "Does this flute have some kind of special power?"
"...I...I don't know." he responded, "But my sister said that it was made from the nut of a tree that become extinct long ago."
"Hmm." Lloyd mumbled thoughtfully, "The nut of an extinct tree..."
"That knowledge may be useful later on." Raine voiced, "Let's keep it in mind."
"So then, what now?" Zelos asked.
"We have to tell Yuan about Botta." Colette asked,
"Oh yeah..." you murmur. It had completely slipped your mind while you were at his base; if you had remembered you would have told him yourself....
"..." Mithos didn't speak; he seemed slightly...something when he heard about Yuan. You couldn't identify the emotion; was he slightly angry?
"Yeah. We also need to find out if we can use the Rheairds so Mithos can return to Tethe'alla." Lloyd agreed.
"Shall we pay a visit to the Renegades, then?" Regal suggested.
"...Ah...yes, of course." Mithos agreed, he almost seemed reluctant. However he seemed slightly more angry; like he'd just pieced something together.

After you left the city...
"I like that feather in your hair, Aura," Colette commented, "It's really pretty."
"Huh?" you look over at her, "What...?"
"That feather," she pointed at the royal blue feather you had tied into your hair, "It's really pretty."
"O-oh," you smiled, "H-heh, thanks." she smiled cheerfully in response. Everyone then boarded their Rheairds, and you all took off.