Tales of Symphonia Story, Tethe'alla Chronicles (3)

Tne New Symphonia Story 65

Quiz Start: The next morning you were the first one up, not very tired due to how much you had slept the day before.
"Linkite nuts..." you murmur quietly, thinking of Mithos' sister's panpipe. You carefully picked your way to Lloyd and quietly shuffled through his pack, retrieving the small, porous purple nut. "Hm..." *One of my friends had a Linkite panpipe too... Right?* you scratched the side of your head, *Er....Well I know it was a panpipe, but maybe it wasn't made of Linkite nuts...* you carefully placed the nut back in Lloyd's pack before returning to where you'd been lying and thinking for the past half hour, *Maybe it was a...a wooden panpipe? No...hm....* You watched the sunrise, and soon everyone woke.

After boarding the Rheairds you all made the long journey across Tethe'alla to the Flanior area and Yuan's Renegade Base, headed for the small orb of light hovering just over the base. After journeying through the rift between dimensions, you headed over the mountains and down into the valley. There was a sparse scattering of trees around the valley, but one stood alone in the very middle. It was withered and dried, its branches stiff and lifeless.
"Is this...it?" you ask.
"Yes." Raine confirmed, "It seems this is the Linkite Tree that Professor Nova's family talked about."
"It's dead..." Lloyd commented.
"...Lloyd, let's go back to Professor Nova and confirm the information we have." the professor suggested.
"Yeah, we've forgotten a lot of it already." he nodded. "I wonder where he is right now?"
"Wouldn't he be in the same place you found him last time?" Zelos asked,
"Probably not. Nova's family travels the world in a caravan studying animals." Genis responded, "He's probably moved on to somewhere else by now."
"How do we find him, then?" Sheena wondered, rubbing the nape of her neck while looking at the dead Linkite Tree..
"All we can do is gather information in the cities and search for him." Raine sighed, "This will be time consuming."
"But there's nothing we can do about it." the brunette said, "Let's just get going. The sooner we start getting information, the sooner we'll find him."

After flying around that continent all day looking for the caravan you all stopped in Izoold for the night.
"That Nova guy? Yeah, he came through here just recently." the Innkeeper said, "He crossed the ocean to Palmacosta on a warship that was making rounds here."
"When was he here?" Regal asked,
"Hmmm...I would guess two days ago." she responded.
"So if we leave and head to Palmacosta and that area tomorrow we'll probably be able to catch up to him. Alright!" Lloyd said excitedly.

After waking and eating a hurried breakfast, everyone left the Inn and boarded the Rheairds. You flew across the ocean towards Palmacosta, and began scouring the area around the city for where the caravan could be. Colette spotted the caravan near the mountain range that loomed near Palmacosta. Touching down nearby, you followed Lloyd to the caravan where Nova and his family were gathered inside a small cluster of camping supplies.
"Hey, Nova." Lloyd greeted,
"Oh it's you all." he said, "Good to see you again. What is it?"
"We've found the Linkite Tree," the brunette explained, "But we'd like to reconfirm the information we heard before."
"I see." he nodded. He stepped into the caravan for a moment and returned with the memo he'd written the first time you'd met up with hi, back on the Journey of Regeneration, "Here, take a look at the memo." Raine took it and you moved aside so she could read it aloud,
"To find the Linkite Tree: the Linkite Tree is thought to be somewhere that cannot be reached by foot. If the Linkite Tree is dead, we must strengthen the healing arts, call for the tree's will to live, and nourish the ground." she nodded, "...Just as we remembered it. Then, to sum it all up, looking at our current status..."
"We need to revive the Linkite Tree and carry the sound on the wind!" Lloyd said, "As for the wind to carry the sound..."
"If I had Sylph, the Summon Spirit of Wind, then I could do something about that." Sheena volunteered, "But..."
"We need to form a pact with Sylph then." you say, "Sylph is in Balacruf, it's not far from here."
"But what about reviving the Linkite Tree? How are we going to do that?" Genis asked.
"Hm...We have the Linkite Nut we received from that child." the Professor commented, "if we accelerate its growth win an Exsphere and strengthen mine or Aura's healing arts with the Unicorn Horn, then maybe we can manage something..." she paused, thinking. "We may need the power of the Summon Spirit of Earth as well, since we need to nourish the ground." Sheena grinned,
"The Summon Spirit of Earth is my job! Just leave it to me!" she stopped, "Oh, but what about the exsphere?"
"The only thing we can do is ask Altessa." Zelos put in,
"Dad may have one, too." Lloyd suggested, "We just need one right?"
"Then the only thing left is the melody. I wonder if it will make a pretty sound..." Genis wondered.
"That's the only thing we don't know." Raine responded.
"No problem! I can't do anything with this little nut, but as long as the revived Linkite Tree has big nuts on it, I can make a flute." Lloyd assured. "We just need one like the one Mithos had, right?"
"Lloyd! You can make that?"
"I'll show you the skill my dad taught me! And we have Presea, too!"
"Yes. I will help." she nodded.
"Okay, then. Let's get the exsphere and form the pact. Then we can revive the tree." you suggest.
"Fascinating..." Nova commented. Lloyd jumped, spinning around to look at him. "I see now...that's impressive the way you've found the rules of how it works. Would you mind taking us with you when you call forth Aska?"
"You won't all fit on the Rheairds..." he mumbled unsurely,
"Ah, don't worry about that." the summoner assured. "If that glowing bird is Aska and I make a pact with him, I can call him forth anytime. I'll show you Aska myself."
"I see! Haha! That would be great. Please, show him to me sometime." Nova asked. "Oh, by the way, I've made note of the information you've assembled. If you want to hear it, come talk to me anytime."
"Okay. Let's go!"

As you departed, you question,
"Where should we go first?"
"Why not go to see Dirk?" Raine asked, "Lloyd, he's surely worried about you. We've been gone a long time."
"Yeah, you're right." Lloyd nodded, "So, to my house then."
"Where exactly is your place?" Zelos asked.
"That's over near Iselia." Raine said, "It'll be a long flight there...Iselia is at the northern tip of the other continent."
"Let's spend the night in Asgard, and leave first thing in the morning." Colette suggested.
"Back to Palmacosta, then." Regal nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SO SORRY IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE MY LAST UPDATE D8

It's my last semester, my senior year of high school. So...yeah it's been kinda hecktic.
I'll try to update more frequently now, I promise :)