Status: First attempt at becoming a successful writer. Hoping it good to read.

In Love With the Manhunter

Chapter 10: Ambush!

The silence continued, “I am getting sick of this.” A old male voice said as all of the fighters completed their second lap around the Dremora war frigate.

“Ok this is just getting effing ridiculous.” Eddie said as the massive railgun on top of the frigate turned to face a random direction as it lit up before a loud boom echoed through space as a giant glacier exploded into a thousand tiny pieces, “Wow this thing has power.”

“Eddie you id-” Madwick was cut off when a yell came over the radio.

“Enemy frigates above us!!!” A female voice shouted.

Ryder looked up to see three… No five… Before Ryder knew it there were ten frigates above them, “Scatter!” Ryder shouted as he jerked the joysticks to the right. All the ships began to blast off into all other directions. Yellow lasers began to rain down on them nearly missing them, “Eddie shoot upward were going to be slaughtered if we let them keep this advantage!”

A ship exploded into flame as it got hit. It spiraled out of control before blowing up, “Green fifteen down!” A mature male voice said as the ships tried to dodge the fire.

The railgun on top of the Dremora warship lit up before a bang echoed into space. One of the many frigates got hit, a fire broke out where the shot hit. The frigate seemed damaged, but it was certainly not out of the fight. The ship began to fly down taking on the dremora frigate head on, “All guns fire, fire!” Madwick said as the dremora war frigate opened fire, blue lasers erupted from the Dremora frigate’s side striking the other frigate. “Railgun control one return fire.”

“Alright, shifting.” Eddie said

“Eddie do not shift! Eddie bring all of those other frigates down!” Ryder said

A bomber got hit by a yellow laser. It wing broke off as it’s engines blew up destroying the bomber completely, “Orange two is destroyed.” A woman said

Ryder dodged a yellow laser it scaping him a little, “Boss you alright?” Velvet asked her bomber passing over me.

“Yeah, just a little cooked that’s all.” Ryder said as he dodged another laser.

“Ryder you do not have the authority to give out orders nevertheless-” Madwick shouted as Ryder cut him off

Ryder cut Madwick off knowing the rest of his response, “Madwick with those ship above us we are going to be killed before we even throw the first punch! We will last much longer against those frigates are an even battleground rather than fighting an uphill battle!”

Another fighter got hit as it exploded completely, “Grey five is blown, grey five is blown… Grey three grey three your six… AAHH!!!” a old male voice said

Ryder saw the two small fighters spin a fire engulfing the fighters as they exploded in a blue fire, “Madwick enemy fighters coming on your portside! We need those frigates blown out of the space, or brought down! This battle just got even harder.” Ryder said like he was ordering him.

Suddenly swarms of fighters flew by the Dremora warships as fire blew up almost hidden by the ship, “I want emergency crews five through thirty-seven on those fires now! Ryder I’ll do my best… No not later NOW!!! Eddie bring the rst of those frigates down!”

“I’m only one gun I need the other if you want it to go faster- Damn it.” Eddie said through heavy static as to railgun took on some enemy fire.

“Flip this thing!” Madwick barked as the Dremora frigate began to tip sideways, “All fighters were absolutely vulnerable. Bombers carpet bomb the frigates as they come in firing range of our warship, Fighters draw the fire from the other frigates and cover the bombers, Gunship take those incoming enemy fighters head on! Railgun firing control two take down those enemy ships!” Madwick said still barking out other orders.

“Alright Velvet go to the other bombers, Veronica let’s keep it tight and draw that fire.” Ryder said as the three ship group broke formation.

“I got you covered Ryder.” Veronica said falling behind Ryder.

“This is teal nine I got a fighter on my tail I can’t shake him!” a male voice said.

“Veronica help him.” Ryder ordered Veronica almost instantly broke way.

Ryder flew three fighters tailing him closely the red lasers, from the tailing fighters nearly missed him as he banked, rolled, and swayed. Then a female voice broke in his ears as his HUD went from it’s green color to a red as a ear deafening, high pitched buzzing rang in his ears, “Gun warming, Gun warn, Gun warning.” the voice repeated as he looked behind him seeing three pillars detaching from each ship as blue fire erupted from them as they broke away. Ryder jerked the controls the missiles following him perfectly, “Warning incoming missiles three hundred yards, two hundred yards, one hundred yards.” The voice said

Ryder pressed a button as a collection of bright red flares spewing out of the jump jets in a Y. Ryder spun the ship his breathing heavy as he dared to look back his HUD still a menacing red before it turned to it’s green. He looked back to see the missiles chase the flares before exploding in a blue hue. Ryder let out a heavy breath as he began to tail an enemy bomber that was making a beeline to the warship, “You're not going anywhere.” Ryder said to no one as a blue circle formed around the ship a beeping in sync with the circle’s blinking. Then the circle got a X thru it the letters LOK printed above it as low buzzing rang slowly in his ears. Ryder pulled the top trigger of his right joystick as the bomber let out a arching of flares the missile Ryder shot followed a flares exploding uselessly way from the bomber. Ryder cursed under his breath as he pulled the lower trigger of the right joystick as a low humming came from under him a stream of blue lasers firing at the bomber some of them hit but not enough to take the bomber out. Small fires broke out on the bombers wings and smoke bellowed out. The circle came up again blinking before an X formed in it the same letters LOK printing above it as he pulled the top trigger a missile fly at the bomber. It let out more flares but the missile ignored them bashing into the bomber exploding. The bomber blew it’s wing flying way. Ryder flew through the explosion as he began to tail a fighter. It suddenly cut its engines flying back letting him pass, but then his HUD turned red again the words WRN brinked under the cross hairs, “I could use some help!” Ryder said as yellow lasers flew past him.

“Gun warning, gun warn, gun warning!” The voice repeated over and over two missiles following him.

“I got him hold on!” A woman said.

Ryder pressed a button as red flares flew out of his jet, but this time the flares popped letting off the small ring. The ship behind him began to shake almost as if the pilot was fighting the ship to follow his orders. Then Ryder looped around the fighter passing by him, but before it totally passed him Ryder pushed a button above the flare one as a loud thump echoed around him the fighter spinning out of control as his smashed into another enemy fighter the two exploding upon the crash, “Double kill.” Ryder said as a friendly fighter came up on the side of him.

“Guess you don’t need help.” she said but she was cut short as her ship exploded as three enemy fighters passed her, but there was something off. Two regular grey fighters were in a V formation with a gold super class fighter in the middle.

The fighter gave him a sort of deja vu but he shook it off as he gave chase. Ryder locked onto a grey fighter. When the circle gained a X through it Ryder shot rockets at the fighter and switched his aim to the other grey fighter gunning it down with the miniguns. The two guarding fighters exploded as the golden fighter increased it speed slowly gaining distance, “Oh no you don’t.” Ryder also picked up speed also chasing the fighter. Suddenly the fighter did a backflip now chasing him, “For the love of-” Ryder growled as he jet shook as it began to take fire. Then the dull ring filled his ears as he rolled his ship dive bombing. The ringing stop for a moment before it started up again. Ryder pressed the flares as they spread out they popped making the golden ship swerve. Ryder flipped over as they switched roles again. Ryder went to lock on the the ship as a white orb fell away from the ship as it opened up send sparks through my ship as Ryder cursed as his ship lost power. He hit the console as it flickered with light before starting up again. Ryder looked around before he gave up his search. When Ryder began to go back to the war ship he saw a frigate explode in orange flames as bomber swarmed the ship.

“How many are there!?” Eddie asked as another frigate came on the same ground as the wa frigate.

“There’s so many of them!” A man said as a bomber exploded crashing into a enemy frigate.

“They’re all over me!” A woman said as a fighter spiraled out of control as manies grey enemy fighters chased her gunning her down.

“Madwick were dropping like flies we need more support!” Ryder said as he joined the fray helping out wherever he could.

“I want those frigates gone! Ryder we don’t have support… What do you- blast the-” Madwick was cut off as his voice was drowned out by static.

Ryder cursed under his breath, “Eddie Madwick is down you need to help him.”

“Well I’m a bit busy at the moment. I need another shell!” Eddie said as the railgun fired bringing another frigate down.

The bomber group went for another carpet bomb estimating the frigate entirely, but it was just replaced by two more, “This isn’t working we need help.” Ryder said as his jet took on fire a warning alarm going off.

*****************************************************************************

“Your Highness they are obviously not coming.” A guard said dressed in midnight purple and dark blue armor of the Dremora clan. His helmet was like a medieval knight’s helmet except a Y visor was plastered on the helmet in a light blue color.

“We wait a bit longer, Madwick is my trusted Captain of security he will not let either of them walk away without contacting me.” I said clicking my black nails on the armrests of my hover chair. My blue tail swished side to side in irritation, “I do not like this.”

Another guard in similar armor walking in taking a knee before me, “Your Grace we lost all contact with Madwick and his Warship.”

“Rise, what caused the loss of communication?” I asked grabbing my wine glass taking a delegate sip from it as the rest of the bright yellow liquid entered my mouth.

“We d-do n-not know… Please forgive me m-my Mistress.” The man blubbered out bowing his head.

I gingerly put the glass on its tray as the woman holding it rushed off going to refill the glass, “I… Forgive you,” the man let out a sigh, “But I want a reconnection immediately or you will wish I killed you here.”

The man gulped loudly, “Y-Ye- Yes your Highness right away.” He rushed off mumbling to himself.

“Warbro.” I whispered making a come here gesture with my finger.

“Yes your grace?” The guard asked kneeling beside me.

“Has that man been sitting there all day?” I asked spotting a man who constantly looked around nervously.

“My apologies, but I do not know who you are referring to my Mistress.” He said bowing his head.

“It is alright I was not clear. The man sitting at the bar on the right hand side in the red fur jacket.” I said slowly my tail pointing to whom I was speaking of.

“Him? Yes he has oddly slowly made his way closer and closer to your box.” He said getting up looking at two guards pointing at the man tracing his thumb over his throat.

Before the guards could move an inch I lifted up my hand the jewels and golden bracelets adorning my clawed fingers and arm clinked softly, “I want him myself.” I said raising from my seat. My black and purple hair fell over half of my face my my short skirt lengthened a little as my high heels clicked against the ground. My tail swished slowly side to side. My hips swaying with it as if in tune.

“My Mistress forgive me, but I must object to this way of action. For your safety you should have the guards take care of him. Please do not put yourself in harm's way if your guards can take care of it for you.” Warbro said.

“I am not a young girl Warbro I do what I please while in my domain.” I said coldly gazing down at him over my shoulder. I was a good two or three feet taller than him. Slowly sweat began to form on his forehead under my cold gaze, “I can take care of myself, but for your sake I will take two guards with me.” He let out a breath as I pointed at the two guard in the room making a follow me gesture with my tail.

“I understand and thank you most graciously my mistress.” Warbro said bowing.

“I appreciate you concern.” I said as the two guards followed me still two or three feet shorter than me, but the two heavy rifles they held still made them menacing no the less. Their armor was dark purple cloak with a featureless helmet with a small blue X to look through. I walked down the metal steps my heel clickin with the thumps from the two guards behind me. I caress the rail as I walked down the stair people beginning to watch me like I was a famous star the was going to perform. Some avoided my gaze as I looked around. I spot the man looking at him. He saw me as I began to approach him. The people sitting next to him and in my sight moved away as if I was a predator walking toward them. The man trembled a little as I stood over him, I sat down next to him resting my leg over the other as I looked at him, “I’ve met you before haven’t I?” I asked waving off my guard whom bowed before leaving. He did not answer, “I thought you were banned.” I said my voice turning cold

“P-please I can go out th-they just kill me.” He whimpered as he didn’t dare make eye contact with me.

“Who?” I asked the coldness of my voice deepening, “If it’s the police or gang then I don’t care I’m not having another shootout here in my club.”

“N-No i-it’s some thugs sent by some person who wanted me to give you this.” He said as he reached in his coat taking out a small onyx colored pendant. I looked at it taking it into my clawed hands. There was a picture of a golden orb circled by a golden hawk, “Th-they’ll kill me if you don’t take it.” He said looking toward the exit doors.

“Leave.” I simply said as I got up still examining the pendant. I looked at the pendant around my neck. It was a blood red and had a blue dagger dripping with a purple liquid. (My pendant has the same craftsmanship of this one… Interesting.) I thought. The man ran out the back exit as I began to walk up the stars back to my box still examining the pendant. When I reached the box the two guard who followed me out opened the double door leading into the room as I walked in.

“Your grace if you do not mind me asking what did the man want.” Warbro asked cautiously as if walking on thin ice.

“It was nothing.” I muttered as I softly sat on my hover chair, “Warbro I want this symbol and my jeweler tracked down.” I ordered tossing him the strange pendant.

“Yes your highness.” He said as he caught it leaving the room.

“I want the status on that reconnection.” I said as a guard in combat armor bowed walking out of the room, “This is strange very strange.”

*****************************************************************************

“Behind you Red seven shake him off.” A old man said as I saw a fight trailing a gunship.

“I’m on him.” I said as I shifted my course. I fell behind the fighter waiting for a lock, “Come on come on.” I muttered as the soft beeping grew before a blue X crossed in the circle as two rockets flew at the fighter. The fighter dropped flares a rocket fell for the flare, but the other crashed into the fighter exploding in blue flames.

“Thanks Ryder.” a young female voice said as the gunship lit up a passing enemy bomber squad cutting not allowing the bomber to drop their bombs.

“Eddie what’s happening?” I asked gunning down another fighter.

“We- wer- were b-bing bo-borad-boraded b-by e-enemy fo-forces.” Eddie’s staicy and skipping voice said.

“Eddie do you need help?” I asked tailing an enemy bomber.

“N-No h-han-hanger is l-lo-locked d-do-down. Y-you can-can’t enter-an-anyway.” He said.

“All forces the hanger is locked down.” I said to the other fighters warning them of the obstacle, “The warship is currently being boarded take out any boarding pods you see heading toward the warship.” I shot down the bomber’s wing. The bomber began spin out of control blue fire spewing out of the wing socket. It smashed into another enemy fighter the blue and orange flames mixing together.

“This isn’t getting us anywhere there’s too many!” a young male voice said as three friendly fighters blew up the enemy fighter beginning to trail me. I dodged a massive glacier as it smashed into a enemy frigate. The frigate was bent into to exploding the flames swallowing the glacier whole.

A gunship flew passed me blowing up as four purple missiles crashed into it, “Red thirteen is down I repeat Red thirteen is down.” A old male voice said.

“Their all over me, Help AGHHHH!!!” a mature female voice yelled as a bomber blew up in green flames.

“This is Gold one this is Gold one I need AGH!” The mature male voice screamed as the fighter spun out of control slamming into a glacier exploding into orange flames.

“Eddie have you gotten to Madick yet?” I asked banking and rolling to avoid the enemy fire.

“Yes, but they just keep coming!” Eddie said static trying to swallow his words

“Get Madwick on the line!” I said as one of the fighters trailing me smashed into a glacier blowing up.

A collection of gunfire rang in the staticy radio, “Ryder what is it?” Madwick asked angrily.

“Madwick were dropping like flies there’s to many of them we need to flee.” I said rebounding over an enemy frigate now dodging the frigate’s guns and the two enemy fighters trailing me.

“We will not ru-!” Madwick screamed as I heard him getting tackled.

*****************************************************************************

“We will not ru-!” I heard Madwick yelled as two robots with wrist blades tackled us. The red robot smacked my revolver out of my hand as it raised it’s wrist blades. The robot went to slice my head open as I grabbed its arm holding it away from my face. The robot let out a screech as I grabbed my revolver blasting out its stomach. I kicked it off my body as I rolled over pulling the trigger on once as the revolver click uselessly. Madwick growled in pain as the robot sliced his good eye. Then I threw my revolver at the robot my robot arm glowing a light purple. The revolver glowed a similar purple as it slammed it into the robot smashing its head completely. I pulled my arm back as the revolver flew back knocking the droid off Madwick. The revolver flew back into my robotic arm with a sharp clang. I examined it. I put a yellow cartridge into the revolver’s chamber pulling back the hammer with my thumb and pulling the trigger. As I expected the revolver let out a whine as it exploded. I cursed under my breath as I got up crouching behind a control console. I peeked my head up to see three soldiers taking cover behind another control console. Madwick picked up his SMG ejecting the clip placing in a new one. I looked to his leg to see the pistol still in its holster, “Madwick!” I whisper screamed gaining his attention.

“What the hell do you want?” He asked angrily as his helmet liquidated onto his head.

“I need your pistol!” I whispered forming a pistol with my hand.

“Fine, but I want it back!” He said unstrapping his pistol sliding it over to me. It looked like a desert eagle, which interested me. I checked the clip finding it half way empty on its charge.

“Madwick are you serious a half charge?!” I asked putting the clip back into the pistol.

“It’s a side arm what did you expect?” Madwick said tossing me a full clip.

“Oh I feel so much better.”

“Eddie shut up it’s all I have left.” Madwick growled as he wiped the blood the was pooling down his face.

I twirled the pistol pulling back the slide. I got up as Madwick jumped over the console. I pulled the trigger sending a red laser at a soldier as he raised his rifle. When the laser collided with his arm he flew back smashing against the wall smoke coming off the hole where it went through. I smiled a little as Madwick shot the second soldier sending him to the ground with three holes in his chest. I pulled the trigger again sending the last soldier crash against the wall slumping down, “Madwick I like this heavy pistol.” I said twirling the gun fast vertically and horizontally, “It got some serious power to crush other guns.” I said as I eject the clip placing the new one flipping the gun in the air as I gripped the pistol so the barle was facing me and the grip was facing Madwick, “Thank you for sharing.”

Madwick growled at me swiping the pistol from my hand, “Well then go out and buy one because this one is mine.” He said strapping the pistol back in it’s holster on his leg. We rushed up to the main control console tilting the ship how it should have been, “I want all warship pilots up in the bridge now!” Madwick ordered through a mic as he pushed a body off the console pressing buttons.

“Madwick we have got to get out of here!” I shouted at the ship shook violently as we took on more fire.

“There is now a fire in sectors five through seventy-five. All emergency crews scramble to extinguish these fires.” A deep robotic voice said over the intercom.

“Madwick we are going to be blown out of space if we do not run. Your- our forces are dropping like flies out there! There are just too many of the bastards!” I said grabbing onto a console as the ship shook again.

“We are not running we are not weak!” Madwick said through gritted teeth as he got up to his feet, which he had fallen due to the shaking of the warship, “The Dremora Clan is not so easily beaten!”

“Madwick you effing dumbass if we stay we are going to all die! I hate losing to, but it’s better to lose and come back swing than to die and go out as idiots not knowing when there bit off more than they could chew!” I said falling as the ship shook once again.

Madwick sethed with anger as he smashed the mic, “All fighters fall back we are retreating! I repeat fall back we are retreating!” Madwick screamed at the top of his lungs.

The door opened to a crew men and women in cloth uniforms tailed by three soldiers in the Dremora combat armor holding assault rifles shooting down the hall. A green laser came flying through the door striking one of them. He fell to the ground slumping dropping his rifle. Madwick and I walked to the door. I picked up the fallen man’s rifle aiming it down the hall emptying the clip down the hall blindly. I ejecting the drum magazine grabbing another from the man’s pack. I slammed it in hitting the side of the rifle with my fist. The rifle’s light glowed a bright blue, “Sir there’s too many of them we are being over run!” The female soldier in the combat armor said her helmet melting away from her face.

“Wait you seem familiar.” I said pointing at her. Then a green laser flew through the door hitting the female in the chest throwing her down to the ground, “Ok I don’t know you.” I shot down the hall taking down two enemy soldiers as the shook violently sending me off my feet face planting into the hall.

“There is a fire in hangar three. There is a fire in hangar three.” The deep voice said as a second explosion shook the ship throwing me back into the bridge, “Hanger three has exploded all personal lock down the hanger.”

I groaned as I got up stacking up opposite of Madwick, “Oh my head.” I groaned as I fired down the hall rubbing my head.

“Oh suck it up you baby.” A woman said hold twin pistol firing down the hall taking down three other enemy soldiers. The girl had a jetpack on and had on armor that seemed to be suited for aerial combat. The armor she had on was dark blue and it had a purple ram skull on the chest plate.

“Your Aurora right?” I asked looking at her.

“Aria dipshit.” She said correcting my mistake blasting an enemy. She ejected her spent clips reloading them, “Madwick most of the ship is clear but there is no way these are the last of them. How should we proceed?” She asked blasting another enemy.

“We need to purge them and escape, what is the status on the fighters?” Madwick said blasting two soldiers.

“There is still more than two thirds still out there. Hanger three is gone luckily there was neither ships nor supplies in there.” Aria said looking at him.

“These people are pissing me off.” Madwick growled as he blasted a enemy.

“Well let’s clean the ship.” I said as I began to run down the hall taking cover in the nooks of the hallway, “Come on!”

They began to push with me as we cleared the hall as we saw the last squadron of fighters docked in the hanger, “Get us out of here!” Madwick said as he touched the side of his helmet, “These bastard who are on the ship get to coming along the ride with no back up. All soldiers find and eradicate these intruders. We are not running with our tail in between our legs, we are running to fight another day and kick their asses ten times harder! Now let's boot these enemies off our ship, they have stayed past their welcome”

“Alright sir permission to run a head.” Aria asked saluting Madwick.

“Permission granted, but along the way take out any enemies you see.” He said her jet pack light up propelling her through the hall and through an open door.

“I see myself to the hanger.” I said beginning to walk where Aria went, but I was grabbed from behind and dragged toward the bridge.

“You are not you will be staying with me.” Madwick said as he holstered his SMG over his shoulder.

“Ah crap.” I mumbled as the door closed behind me.