Status: First attempt at becoming a successful writer. Hoping it good to read.

In Love With the Manhunter

Chapter 16: Under a Spotlight or Marked Scope?

As we hit the lower level the music began to die down as the dj began to speak, however I was not listening and Eddie began to talk to me, “You still think the inside of this place remembers us?” Eddie was still slurring his words a bit, but you could tell he was slowly but surely he was walking out of it.

“Do not jinx it, I do not want to be noticed and have fifty plus people crawling all over me. I would rather get in get out done. It was nice meeting Oleg, but I do not want anyone else.” Ryder said as he descended down some step walking toward the dance floor, but more importantly Metamora’s private box.

“Listen up people!” The DJ shouted his voice held a cheery tone, “Ladies, men, skum all of you should know we have some old guard dogs in this hoooouse!”

“Damn it.” I groaned as I knew he saw me.

“Now you know your boy Central never leaves a stone unturned, so who’s that out there coming to the dance floor!” The DJ asked everyone his voice in tune with a light that immediately signaled a spotlight that shined on Eddie and I.

“You wanna say I jinxed it?” Eddie asked as he looked at me out of the corner of his eye.

“Yes.” I said as I placed my hands in my pockets.

“Is that our old guards EDDIIIE and RYDERRRR!” The DJ asked as everyone went silent all of the people’s eyes on us. The dancers stop their dances, people stopped their betting, people stopped their dealing. Then there was an eruption of cheers, whistles and a few people running out the door.

Some of the ladies who were dancing and still in their skimpy clothing ran up to me asking so many questions and requests I did not even hear one. I looked toward Eddie with a look of ‘help me’.

However as a response I got a ‘I do know know what I can do’ look and shrug from Eddie. Then a woman went up to him and slapped him clean across the face Eddie staggering a little of the hit, “I don’t think I deserve that.” Eddie groaned. Before he could even turn his head back to it’s center another dancer slapped him.

“That’s for lying to me that you owned a club up in Danster!” The woman huffed as she walked away from Eddie.

“I deserve that one though.” Eddie said as he shook his head.

“I have business to attend to ladies- please- I just need too- I have other plans-...” I said weakly as I tried to free myself from the dome they created around me.

Before anything else could happen a voice come through the speakers, “I know all of you want some of Ryder, however I have the bigger piece you ladies will have to share what is left… Central I know you mean good, but if I want someone announced I will tell you to do so... Understand?” Metamora’s voice was not cold, but you could tell the dominance in it.

“Y- yes Miss Dremora. O-of course” Central gulped loudly as he put a track on. The girls dispersed quickly like obedient slaves, however I knew for a fact Metamora did not own them as slaves.

“Alright let’s move we’re on the clock.” I said as I began to walk toward Metamora’s box now free of the dancers who had swarmed me.

“Ryder chill the hell out we’re not on job.” Eddie said as he followed me as we began to ascend a staircase to get up to Metamora. When we began our approach to the door of the box, two guards stood at attention holding heavy blasters. Jessica and Rachel had let us as Metamora wanted only Eddie and I, “Jesus.” Eddie said through his teeth before speaking under his breath, “Those are T-71 Arcania blasters, anti-tank blasters in fact, those are cannons not guns. Not to mention they can pierce your armor in a few shots.”

“False till proven true Eddie.” I said quickly regretting my statement instantly.

“You want to prove me wrong go right ahead be my guest.” Eddie said with a snicker. I nodded my head as they opened the door as a silent thank you. When we entered the room four armed guard stood in the corners of them room. They were like the guards outside the door we had just entered with dark purple robed armor. However unlike the guard outside they stood at attention with short rifles or submachine guns, “Plasma UMPs and HK USC carbines…. Metamora’s guards are packing heavily,these people are ready for.”

“It’s standard issue.” I whispered back as I cracked a knuckle.

“Yeah for a army.” Eddie whispered back as we got to the center of them room, “Well looks like we’re the ‘center’ of attention.” Eddie chuckled at his joke as I punched him in the shoulder.

“Take a seat.” A man said his armor seeming to be a cross of the royal guard and the combat armor of the Dremora clan. He seemed to have no weapons on his person, but his right gauntlet looked odd to me. Eddie and I took the seat that were there facing the hover chair I knew all too well. As I sat down the leather on the chair squeaked as I sat in the low chair uncomfortably. Eddie sat resting his leg over the other. He placed his hands together and began to twiddle his thumbs.

“Well who might you be Knighty-Knight?” Eddie asked as he began to size up the man.

“He is my new bodyguard and advisor.” Metamora said as she entered the room from behind her hover chair.

“So you need and advisor now Metamora how far have you let yourself go when we left you?” Eddie asked as he cracked a devilish smile.

“Do. Not. Disrespect Miss Dremora. Just because you knew her once does not make you-” The man stopped himself as both Metamora and Eddie raised their hand to silently say stop, however they had very different tone. Metamora was more of a boss demanding a servant to stop, but Eddie was more of a man wanting to pick a fight.

“Shut the hell up buddy.” Eddie said as he got up his eyes burning his a cold angry fire, “No one is going to tell me what I can or can not say. Now I’m not like your sorry whipped ass, unlike you I do not take in in the back like you. I’m the one usually doing what I want.”

“Eddie. Warbro. Stop this banter immediately.” Metamora demanded with a demanding tone.

Eddie stepped closer to Warbro, “What’s the matter ‘Warbro’?” Eddie asked as if the man’s name left a sour taste in his mouth, “Is your mistress callin’ to ram you a bit more why don’t you go?”

“What about your parents? Oh wait I forgot your real ones are drug addicts, and the lowest of the low, and you fake ‘replacements’ aren’t doing so well either. Oh sorry I also forgot they got killed you because of your dumb-” Warbro was cut off from his taunt as Eddie slammed his head into Warbro’s helmet. Warbro’s blue visor spiderwebbed as the hit as he fell back. Eddie forehead had a small gash on it a very slow and small trickle of blood squeezed out of the cut.

“Don’t you dare. Step on that thin ice and you will far through. I will personally make sure you have to eat, drink, and talk out of a small god damn tube.” Eddie growled as he took out his white handkerchief and began dabbing at the blood that began it’s methodical descend across his nose.

“Also Warbro another small word of advise don’t you dare speak ill of my parents, or I will make sure that threat of Eddie’s is true and your will never move again.” I added a growl bubbling in the back of my throat.

“Warbro get up, Eddie sit the hell down.” Metamora said as he voice turned cold, “Also I do not advise you pick a fight wit these two they are indeed as dangerous as the rumors… Except the rumors underestimate them.”

“Yes your grace.” Warbro said through gritted teeth.

“Sorry for Eddie and my outburst we are just under a bit of stress your grace.” I explained.

“It is fine Mr. Gale, in these times everyone is high strung, also you still have the voice I love bowing to me.” Metamora said as she sat down a cheeky smile on her face.

“Pardon me Miss Dremora, but I’m not bowing to you…. I’m just minding my manners. I really do not give a shit what you think about me.” I said keeping my face devoid of emotion, “And I never did fully bow to you like this one does. You should know that very well.”

“And I do Mr. Gale I do know. Apart from your stoic nature, bulletproof determination, and your protective instincts the thing I like most about you is your…. What do you call it.” Metamora asked eyeing me thoughtfully.

“His will to stay free… His stubbornness to get the job done with as little of casualties as possible.” Eddie said as he sat back down. He stuffed his handkerchief sloppily the white cloth stained fully by blood.

“Thank you Eddie, yes your will to stay free you remind me of my past self more than you know.”

“You do mean without the collar, owners, and overly exaggerated female ‘assets’ you have correct?” Eddie asked jokingly.

“Yes, and you Eddie the joking, optimistic, cold blooded mercenary. You do not fear death you sit next to him every day and night. You have the view of the mission comes first above all else, lives brought back not included, am I correct?”

“Uh-hm” Eddie grunted as he nodded his head, “But together we succeed. Ryder uses his strength I use my intellect. Ryder saves live and I end them. He’s a menacing statue and I am a joyful jester.”

“Yes that is why you were the best bodyguards I ever had.” Metamora said as she crossed her leg over the other. She was wearing a dress that was a dark grey, and the bottom of it was a black mist that came out of nowhere. The dress also showed off her voluptuous chest most generously.

“You're not bringing us back into the system right?” Eddie asked through a mixture of nervous laughter and through his gritted teeth. I could tell he was both nervous as if a child lost in a mall, but he was also angry as if a innocent person being convicted of an imaginary crime.

“No. We are not going down that road again, unless you want to-” Metamora was cut off as Eddie shook his head vigorously.

“No.” Eddie trailed off as he began to tap his foot and leg rapititally.

“You still have that tick?” Metamora asked raising an eyebrow.

“I don’t have a nervous tick!” Eddie said as he pointed at her, “Shut up.”

“Cool it.” I said under my breath as Eddie looked at me. I turned to Metamora as I shifted in the small and uncomfortable, “Let’s get this effing shat show over with.”

“Agreed.” Metamora sighed as she raised her blue and black nailed hand as she shook it toward the back door, “Leave us get please tell Madwick I would like him up here.”

“Yes your majesty.” A half beaten Warbro said as he and the other guards left the room.

“Alright now onto more pressing matters.” I said as I stood up, “What do you know of this ‘phantom enemy’ we are dealing with?”

“My ships are being brought down all over my territory like someone is trying to exhaust me of all of my resources. My trade routes are being shut down one by one.”

“Okay tough luck just buff up your security how hard is that?” Eddie asked becoming more and more impatient, “It’s probably some random pirates with some good intel and weapons.”

“They are not stealing my supplies… They just out right searching into destroying my ships and supplies.” Metamora said matter of factly, “They were the same people that attacked you on Madwick’s ship. Also the only thing I can connect is this symbol.”

Metamora tossed me a pendant. I caught it and began to looked it over. The symbol on the pendent looked like a royal family seal, “What so special about it?”

This time it was Metamora who rose from her seat walking toward me, “I have no idea.”

“Have you attempted to look around a little?” I asked

“Of course I have none of my contact know what the hell and eagle shielding a sun has to do with anything. I has called in more favors then I would like to say I called in. I have expended all of my favors. I was hoping you knew something about it.” Metamora explained as she sighed, “I don’t know.”

“I’ll go through my resources see if I can make anything of it. Now is there anything else we need to discuss.” I asked as I placed my hands in my pockets.

“Yes.” Metamora said as she trailed off looking over my shoulder at something.

“Wh-” Before I do anything else I felt something click in my pocket as my eyes widened in realization, “BOMB!” I yelled at the top of my lungs as I threw the pendent at a wall. I tackled Meatmora to the ground as Eddie flipped a table as a explosion orange flames destroying the wall. I coughed as I looked up to see Eddie he was covering his face with both of his hands.

His muffled curses rang in my ears, “Gogh frack , gogh damgt it” Eddie got up and walked over to me. His face was being coated with blood as cuts around his face big and small bleed, “Rcur you gogh?”

“Y- yeah just- my ears are ringing.” I said

“Ryder I did not know you wanted to be so… Frisky. ” Metamora said sluggishly.

Eddie shook his head vigorously, “Ugh jesus I haven’t had a bomb explode in my face in years…. Ryder I did not think you were that- er close….” Eddie said with a cough as he pointed at something.

I looked to where he was pointing. I took my hands away quickly as I stood up. I cleared my throat as I outstretched a hand offering it to Metamora, “A-apologies your grace.”

Metamora to my hand gingerly as I picked her up to her feet, “It is quite alright, but let get in cover before we’re dead. Suddenly we heard a muffled explosion, “That’s them breaking in.” metamora then tapped her wrist as a holographic gauntlet appeared on her forearm, “All guard we have armed enemies breaking into Onyx. Code red raise security alert to maximum.” Metamora tapped her wrist again as the gauntlet disappeared, “Well it’s good to know you still have those ‘protective instincts’ as always Mr. Gale.”

“We need to move.” I said as I saw some of Metamora’s men begin to walk up the stairs their weapons in hand. Before we could exit the room I saw a thin cylinder fly at the window. The thin object smashed the window before falling in between all of us

“Flashbang!” Eddie yelled as I turned as a sound akin to a sharp bang echoed in my ears as my vision became a burning white, and my ears rang with a very sharp, and loud ringing. I felt a hard object hit my face as a warm liquid began to dribble down my face. I was hit again, but this time it was accompanied by a gunshot. I heard the sound of something drilling. I felt a bone crushing pain exploded in the right side of my stomach. I screamed in pain as someone began to laugh.

I fell to the ground. I continued to howl in pain as the drilling began to become more gurgly and wet. I clenched my teeth in pain trying to stop my howled pains. “GAH! God damnit I’m bleeding!”

“I know you, and I’m blind so shut the fuck up!” Eddie barked back as I heard the sound like a camera was refocusing.

“Are you taking pictures?!” I asked angrily my voice both cracking from my anger and pain.

“No you half wit… You know how you call my upgrades… make me ‘sub-human’ in your words of course.? Well my eyes were made to resist flashbangs and now they are refocusing to the light.” The effects of the flashbang began to wear off slowly but surely. I grunted in pain, “Damn that thing drilled into like a gorgon in the winter.”

“Yeah well it hurts more than you stupid jokes, so shut the hell up!”I grunted as I leaned up against a desk, “G- gah!”

“W- what happened?” Metamora asked as I saw stumble near me and collapse next to me, “You alright? Your bleeding on my marble floors.”

“No shit.” I growled as I placed my hand on the wound putting as much pressure as I could muster.

Suddenly the door opened as Rachel stepped into the room rifle in hand, “Wolfman it’s clear, and they are in here and not…. Harmed.” Rachel trailed off as she looked me over.

“Sup.” I weakly said as I grunted in pain as I heard the sound of a drill drilling into flesh. Rachel’s amber eyes flashed with worry as she ran to my side, “I’m fi- ooh argh” I tried to stay, but I was cut off as the drilling continued.

“NO... you're not alright.” Rachel said as Madwick walked in with Aria and a royal guard who held her gun tightly.

“My mistress are you alright?” Madwick asked concerned as he ran to Metamora’s side kneeling next to her.

“I’m quite alright Madwick, just shaken up is all. Ryder and Eddie are the one who took on fire, well Eddie being shrapnel being thrown at his face, and Ryder having a drill being drilled into his abdomen currently.” Metamora explained as Madwick helped her up. Metamora stood over him easily and she patting his head, like a mother would do with her child.

“Go round up the men this may have just been the first wave.” Madwick ordered the guard as she saluted before rushing off, “My Queen I apologize for not being her, and failing to protect Onyx like I should have. If you want to punish me it would be just.”

“It is quite alright.” Metamora said as she stood behind Madwick placing her arms on his chest, “I allowed myself to carry a bomb on my person, so I forgive for this attack. How are we military wise.”

Madwick stood like a solider statue totally ignoring Metamora’s actions as if it wasn’t even happening, “We can still put up a fight, but about a quarter of our forces were killed. The two bouncers outside are dead along with ten of your royal guards and twenty-two of you security personnel here at Onyx. About seventy two of your men still stand, not counting Miss Haymen, Miss Sliverteen, Eddie Bullard, and Ryder Gale.” Madwick reported in a even tone devoid of any emotion.

“How many attackers were there?” Metamora asked as she walked over to the smashed window overlooking her partially ruined club.

Madwick lowered his head, “Miss Dremora of the Dremora Clan forgive me a thousand times over, but we do not know. They had attacked in just the right way to hit us hard and effectively. Also able to get out clean… Not a single one of them died.”

Metamora cursed her her breath as she approach Madwick angrily her clawed hand look to wrap itself around his neck and snap it, “You daring to tell me they broke in, killed twenty-four of my men, and on top of this bullshit escaped clean… I’m sorry, but so help me I will break you in half if you do not find a declarative answer for this problem Madwick! FIND. ONE. NOW!” Metamora growled as Madwick’s ear flattened against his skull tightly.

“Y- y- y- ye- YES! I will your grace- I will find one!” Madwick stuttered out like a kid who was being caught stealing a cookie from a cookie jar. He sounded like a terrified child who was just harshly chastised for his wrong doings.

“Jesus, I have seen her snap like that in like….” Eddie took a minute to count on his fingers, five years!” Eddie whispered like he had solved a math problem.

“Yeah- GAH!” I was cut off as I howled in pain as the thing that was causing me immense pain continued to torture me.

Before Madwick could leave the room seeming very spooked Metamora called out again. Madiwck jumped a little, “Also Madwick dear get a fucking medic, and called the repair people in the morning.” Metamora voice was cold and harsh as she walked toward her throne. She stepped through some of my blood leaving bloody footprints up to her throne.

Madwick quickly nodded as he left the room in a hurry.

*****************************************************************************

Ryder had a Medic pulling out a bullet that was a cross between a bullet and a drill, “What the hell is it?” Ryder asked as the medic wrapped his abdomen with some gaws, which had already had blood dripping from them.

“What was shot into him?” Metamora asked the Medic, looming of her, “Your grace it seems to be a domesticator. The domesticator itself has the shape of-” The medic was cut off as she picked up the bullet with pliers, and Metamora grabbed it.

“Dracus, that filthy son of a bitch!” Metamora asked angrily crushing the bullet in her hand. Metamora angrily marched out of the room her heels clicking sharply as her fast and long strides.

“You shall be fine the wound is minor.” The woman said her voice holding a russian accent strongly.

“You call that minor?” Eddie asked looking at the medic as if she had told him the world had not evil.

“Yes, a domesticator usually when used like this, bleeds you dry in a few minutes.” She said as she patted Ryder’s wound hard pat earning a pained grunt from him, “You are strong man Mr. Gale like a great mountain.”

“Thanks.” Ryder weakly grunted out as he stood, “For the compliment.”

“It was no compliment! You were breaking the bullet with just your flesh. It had been strained to the fullest extent of its drilling power.”

“Your saying my body was overloading the drill’s-” Ryder was cut off as he gripped his wound as sweat began to form on his face, “Drill.”

“Yes, but it still hurt you. You show lay down and rest.” The medic said as she tried to force Ryder back down, but he was to strong for her.

“I- I’m fi- fine.” Ryder grunted as he buttoned up his dress shirt and put on his suit’s jacket, “Metamora is whipping everyone into place we should join.”

“Wha- WHY!?” Eddie angrily asked

“For all we know they are after us… Strength in numbers Eddie.” Ryder said like it was obvious. Ryder and Eddie made their way down to the main floor. Ryder hobbled as he walked looking like he was an old man.

“I want everyone in defensive positions! If they come back in here we slice them to bit!” Metamora barked as her men ran around doing her bidding, “So help me if they make it out again clean I will-... Ryder good to see your doing well.” Metamora said as she stepped off the bar she was standing on to be on the same level as Ryder.

“Define well.” Eddie said as he reached into his coat pulling out his silver revolver.

“Honey you’ll need something with a bit more kick than a puny revolver.” Metamora said chicly as she reached behind the bar pick up a M240 light machine gun. She held it like it weighed like noting.

She dropped it into Eddie’s hands as he stumbled a bit taking on the heavy load fast, “Oh hell YES!” Eddie said as he placed his revolver back into his coat as he griped the machine gun with both hands.

“Eddie dear do get some more ammo on the second floor with Madwick.” Metamora said as she placed her hands on her big hips.

“Yes ma’am, I always wanted to shoot one of these at real people!” Eddie said cheerfully as he ran as quick as he could with the big MG in his hands.

“Ryder I need you with your not girlfriend she’s been ‘terrified’ and has been shaking her ass off in the back room.” Metamora said like she was disappointed at me.

“What?! Were you expecting me to have trained her in cold blooded war?” Ryder responded back give a gesture of ‘do not blame me’.

“Just go tend to her, and this is war.” Metamora said as she stared at Ryder’s wound.

“Then what the fuck is it?” Ryder asked wanting answer.

“I don’t know what it is, but it is not going to be a war dracus is going down as soon as we get out of this mess.”

“Can I get a weapon?” Ryder asked.

“I thought the great Ryder Gale was always prepared for battle?”

“Yeah well with this tight suit I couldn’t.” Ryder said as he looked to find one he could take.

“Well alright, but the suit does present your form beautifully Ryder. I wish you wore it more when I’m around.” Metamora said as she bit her lip.

“Yeah and my armor does too, but I need a weapon.”

“Alright, Sanchez rifle!” Metamora ordered as he out stretched her hand.

“Yes your majesty.” a man fully wearing combat armor said as he grabbed an ACR rifle throwing it down from the second floor to Metamora.

“Plasma or bullets?” ryder asked as Metamora tossed him the rifle.

“Plasma.” Metamora simply answered.

“More ammo please?”

“I’ll get you more just- Get that turret over there or it’s going to get flanked! Anyway I’m working on it. Remarow get your fucking skinny ass over there I ordered you on turret control five seconds ago now MOVE!” Metamora barked as she stood back on the bar ordering men and women around who were going to fight.

Ryder used the strap the rifle had to sling it over his shoulder as he hurried to the back room as fast as his wound allowed him.

When Ryder opened to the back room about seventeen dancers and Jessica sat in the back of the room like this room was a haven from the incoming battle, “You alright.”

“Yes.” they all answered at once.

“Okay, Jessica are you set?” Ryder asked as he closed the door behind him.

“Yes.” Jessica said as she stood and whipped the tears and silver mascaria she was wearing off of her cheeks, but then her face began to fill with fear, “I’m not going to fight am I?”

“No I do not think so, with battles you never know, but more importantly I need to get all of you into a more secure location than this back room. Do any of you know where the Metamora’s panic room is located?” Ryder asked as he held his hand tightly to his wound trying to keep a pained grunt in.

“Third floor back room Mr. Gale.” A woman in skimpy clothing said a heavy blush forming on her face.

“Thanks Ying.” Ryder said as he placed his rifle in his hand, we have to move they could be coming any minute. Stay behind me or in front of me depending on where the fire in coming from if there is any.”

“I knew I would find you protecting the strippers. Very noble indeed.” Aria said fully clad in her armor.

“Good timing your with me, let’s go.” Ryder said as he turned sharply only to grab his wound tightly as he let out a pained grunt as he closed his eye and clenched his teeth.

“What happened to you?” Jessica asked before she gasped.

“W- w-what?” Ryder asked weakly as he tried to fight the pain and he was failing as he dropped down to one knee.

“Your bleeding heavily.” Aria said as Ryder looked at his hand seeing it was covered in blood. Ryder weakly got up, but had to use a wall to keep himself upright.

“Gah I’m… argh I’m fine.”

“No your not.” Aria said as he walked over to Ryder.

“I can still hold and fire a weapon.” Ryder growled as he tried again to fight off the pain.

Aria pushed one of pistol against Ryder’s wound rough causing him to fall down, and dropped his weapon. He let out a growl of pain, “See your not ‘fine’. ‘You're’ going to stay behind me.” Aria said as she tapped her wrist a communicator opening, “Madwick sir I have Ryder, Jessica, and the girls. Ryder is badly hurt his wound has opened up and is bleeding heavily. We are going to the panic room on the third floor. I have a medical canister so there is no need for a medic, but we will need cover.”

“Very well Aria good-” Madwick was cut off as an explosion came through the com including a massive amounts of gun fire, “Return fire, return fire!” Madwick ordered, “Aria they blew through the east wing I suggest you take the west wing to the elevators and across the balcony of the second floor. Then move to the emergency elevators.”

“Sir that’s the long way, and when we hit the second floor we’ll be without cover for a while.” Aria said as she rose one of her pistols as a group of unknown people began to come our way.

“Well if you go the short way you’ll be slaughter now do what I say ARIA THAT”S AN ORDER!” Madwick said angrily as the com began to be overcome by gun fire.

“Yes sir.” Aria said as she cut the connection, “Let’s move!”

“Argh agreed.” Ryder said as he rose to feet only to collapse to his knees. When he fell he heard the sound of someone placing something before a low beeping began to emit from the door “Aria away from the door!” Suddenly the door blew as Aria and Ryder began to fire at the door. Ryder’s gun fired a red lasers before his gun began to click, “O-out.” Ryder weakly said as he ejected the rifle’s clip.

“I do not have ammo.” Aria said as she ejected her twin pistols clips. The grey clips hit the ground throwing off a yellow smoke. She reloaded as she twirled her pistols posting up at the door. She poked her head out before she retracted it quickly as green lasers began to pound near her, “Four out in the hallway! Take a piece!” Aria said as tossed Ryder one of her pistols.

Aria blindly fired off a few shots her pistol letting out a high pitched ting as the yellow blots flew down the hallway right of her, “Cover me.” Ryder said as he crouched out of the room firing a few shots hitting two of them. Aria fired to quick bolts hitting the last two enemies, “Move move move.” Ryder said as he hobbled out of the room holding his bleeding wound.

Aria ran down the hallway sweeping her gun around looking for a target, “Girls keep up!” Aria said over her shoulder as she posted up on a wall looking down the hallway seeing a group of enemies walking away from her their guns up. Aria quickly began to fire as they were trying to flank the lower floors. Ryder fired a few shots as he crossed the hallway posting up on the opposite wall. “Hold up hold up!” Aria quickly said as Jessica was about to pass by her.

“Aria we’re being flanked! Girls down!” Ryder shouted as he began to fire at them, but all of them dropped to the ground the yellow bolts hitting the enemies that were behind them, “We need to move! Girls down this way, Aria covering fire I got your hallway you get that one!” Ryder and Aria fired in sync holding off both swarm of enemies as Jessica and the girls ran past Ryder. When the last girl past Ryder he tapped Aria’s shoulder as they turned and ran down the hallway tailing the girls.