‹ Prequel: Suicidal Tendencies
Status: By popular demand, I give you the sequel!

Death Would Have Been Easier

Chapter Three

Matt was still up when Zacky walked through the bus's doors the following morning. His anger didn't let him sleep and he was damn sure he would be awake when his fellow bandmate would be returning home.
"How was Harley?" Matt asked, making himself known as he flicked on the lights.
Zacky squinted at the bright lights, "She's still healing."
"Did you not run to her rescue because you two have some secret relationship?" Matt seethed.
Zacky humorlessly laughed, "As much as I want that, Matt, because trust me I do; I'm not that much of an asshole. She's damaged, Matt, and as much as I love her, I know deep down, you do too. I'm not going to try and steal her away from you or anything. I'm just a person who knows her well and comforts her when she needs it," He paused, giving Matt a glare. "Like you should have four years ago."
The shorter man walked away and into his bunk, leaving the still angry Matt in the living room of the bus, speechless.
Harley woke up in her small apartment; the comforting smell of Zacky on her sheets. She was so grateful that their friendship hadn't gone to waste. She knew out of all the people in the entire world, Zacky would understand the reasons she had for leaving and he did.
Her phone buzzed shortly after she had sat up in bed. She grabbed it, glancing at the text from Zacky.
Good morning, Harls. How are you doing after last night? -Z
Harley couldn't help the small smile that graced her lips. I'm doing much better. Thank you for listening last night. She sent back to him.
Harley was very thankful for Zacky the previous night. Not only had he comforted right outside the bar and taken her home, but he listened. He listened to Harley all night long about why she left and what she had been doing, about her feelings for Matt and how they never went away and most importantly, she told him about her troubling depression and suicidal attempts. However, Zacky never brushed her away or made her feel like a lesser person to him. He was kind, thoughtful and comforting to her and that's what made her feel so good this morning.
I don't want to upset you or anything, but Matt is super pissed off. It makes me a little happy.
Harley grinned. God damn that is some good news!
Zacky on the other end of the text, laughed, glad he could make the girl slightly happy.
Jimmy poked his head in the short man's bunk. "What's so funny?"
"Harley and I are amused at Matt's anger towards our friendship."
"I want on the Harley train!" Jimmy exclaimed.
"Hold on," He typed a text to the girl in question and when he got a positive response he grinned at Jimmy. "She's say you better hop on quick."
Jimmy made the greatest face of happiness a man of his age could make, "You mean, Harley's train is still accepting passengers?"
"She's the conductor and if she says so, then I guess it goes!"
Harley wasn't surprised when the two men showed up at her front door. Jimmy was bouncing with excitement and as soon as she opened the door, he scooped her up into his arms, squeezing her to him. She let out a hearty laugh and tried to hug him back as much as possible.
"He decided to hop on the Harley train. I couldn't stop him." Zacky explained. Harley just grinned over Jimmy's shoulder at him.
When Jimmy finally put the small woman down, she looked up at him, "Welcome to the Harley train! We don't stop for assholes or slow down for slowpokes! All aboard?"
The tall man's face broke out in a huge grin, his arm pumping in the air as he yelled, "Choo choo!"
All three broke into a fit of boisterous laughter.
"It's good to have you two back," Harley said, hugging both of them as best as she could. "Let's do our favorite thing together."
"Watch terrible horror movies and eat junk food?" Zacky offered. Harley nodded, smiling.
And that's what the trio did. They sat on Harley's couch, flicking through Netflix's horror movie list, watching the poorly rated ones and laughing to themselves. It eventually ended with them all falling asleep on each other, but Harley knew one thing for sure. She was happy to have friends again, it made her bad thoughts disappear – even for just a little while.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a pretty short chapter and mainly a filler chapter. Not much happens and it's pretty awful. I'm so sorry. But I do know something good is going to happen soon, so stayed tune!