Hearts Bleeding

Patience

"Levi..?"
A female voice groaned in the bed.

"Yes Petra?"
"Am I going to die?"

A hard gulp responded across the pristine white room. The once colorful and vibrant tulips were now fading in color in the dry glass vase in the middle of the stand beside the bed. The bathroom was open with grime creeping underneath the sink. The long shadows and the useless chatter of nurses outside the hallway was all that was heard in the white, dull room.

Yet the only colorful thing in the room was slowly withering away.

Levi sighed and stared out into the hallway. He'll have to leave sooner or later to discuss the female titan issue with the commander. However nothing was going to take him away from the young woman in bed.

While they were out on a rescue mission involving a child, several Titans ambushed the squad's camp. Some died and some were taken in critical condition and labeled the term 'handicapped'.
Petra was one of the lucky ones.
However it was discovered soon after she was hospitalized that she suffered copious amounts of internal bleeding and there was ultimately no way for survival.
Her liver and kidneys were currently bleeding out and it was strung on a machine.
The doctors said she only had three days left of life before she was completely deprived of blood, dying a cold and numb death.
So, during her three days left of survival, Levi refused to go on missions and refused to partake in any meetings with Erwin discussing the female Titan.
He made sure to finally redeem himself with one last favor from the woman he cared for.
Erwin seemed to understand slightly about the situation.

However it wasn't like he cared for Petra. Hell her limbs would be ripped off and the Titan would make a loud crunching sound of her bones and yet he still wouldn't give a shit.

All he cared for was to end this 'apocalypse' and fight for a 'better world'.

'Stupid' he pondered 'No matter how much or how long this will take it will do nothing.'

'Nothing to bring the dead soldiers to their mothers arms.'

The commander would've thought he was being absurd, even though the commander was being absurd himself. He clearly didn't care about the families that need their kids back. He never turned his head towards the pleas of others. He never considered listening to questions about the battle plan.
All he wanted to do was to get it over with and to give it everything it got.

And as the bodies piled up, and more limps to be identified, a puddle of tears soon turned into a river. And as the questions emerged and the titans began to have leftovers, a river spilled over to create an gulf.

And then the titan shifters emerged.

And then civil blood made civil hands unclean. Riots started happening, fire became the national sport and whispers were no longer a thing.

A mountain of bodies was seen over the horizon.

The more soldiers died, the more titans spawned. The forest began to be dense in population.

And Titans need a home.

It wasn't long before he would need to use Eren.

"Levi?"

He regarded the woman in front of him. Her big Amber eyes were filled with awaiting fate and confusion.

"You haven't answered my question..."

He stayed silent.

"Am I going to die?"

He let out a breath that he didn't know he kept in and kept his gaze.

"Not yet. You'll just enter a coma but you'll wake up. And when you do, you'll be in the soft, satin sheets of my bed."

He concluded that with a reassuring smile and the woman in the thermal, colorless sheets let out a sigh of relief.

"Boy that was a relief! I mean this big machine is sucking my blood, I thought I was really gonna be a prune!"

Levi let out a rare small smile and looked out the window to see a blooming tree.

"And when you wake up, you'll see Erd and the rest drinking tea."