The witches keep

the escape

Alex ran into her stable, breath coming short and quick when she got to clovers stall, a large black stallion with a white mane and tail. Alex ran to the tack room picked up the bridal went back out to clover and put it on his head and went back to the tack room to get the saddle. Alex lifted with all of her strength and picked up the saddle, brought it over to clover and set it on the ground. “Do you need some help with the saddle so you can get a good get away”. Alex stood in fright because she didn’t think it was Kane, it didn’t sound like Kane. Alex turned around slowly and a tall guy about six foot stood there with black hair and a curvy mustache stood there his cold black eyes glancing down her body.” So you’re the witch that I am supposed to kill, well I think I will have my way with you before I dispose of you” the stranger said. “You wont put your filthy hands on my body let alone kill me” Alex said and then she spat in his face. The stranger slapped her across the face and knocked her to the ground “ You shall never speak to me again ever!” The stranger pulled out a small dagger and brought it towards her face “Open your mouth and stick out your tongue”.
Kane ran from the manor to the stables to see Garrett over top of Alex with a dagger in his hand telling her to open her mouth. Kane pulled out his short sword and stalked towards Garrett and Alex. “You lay another hand on her Garrett and you will be dead”. Garrett turned around and got off Alex “Well If it isn’t Kane McCarthy I haven’t seen you since you got kicked out of the rise against magic users rebellion”. “Let Alex go and I wont kill you “ Kane said. “Oh that’s funny considering you couldn’t even kill a flea your so spineless you couldn’t even stand up to your father when he murdered your mother. Dillon lunged at Garrett, knocked him to the ground and pulled out his dagger and placed it above Garretts throat. “Now again will you ever touch Alex again or do I have to kill you now to prevent you from harming her?” “Kill me I dare you to , I know you cant do it you don’t have the guts to kill me you spineless little weasel.” Garrett stared up at Kane in disbelief as if Kane would actually kill him, cold merciless eyes stared back at him, when all of the sudden a large movement sounded behind them like a horse galloping out of the stables. Kane turned around and saw Alex riding away on clover “Alex! Stop don’t ride that way they’ll catch you “ said Kane. Garrett watched as Alex took off on the stallion then as Kane got distracted watching Alex he thrust his sword into the flesh of Kanes side.Kane fell to his knees in agony clutching his rib, blood pouring out of his stab wound.