Into the Badlands

The Badlands Cometh

My emotions are gathered in a jar, shaken around, dumped out and I can't seem to gather up the remnants. I watch over the village, making sure no one is coming up here. I'm prepared to kill, when the time comes, I will. I kick the blade off the fire and let it cool in the snow. My ear catches something and when I turn around, It's too late. I'm swept off my feet and knocked into a snowbank. I get myself out and look at my enemy. It's a large bear, arrows stabbed into its fur and its eyes glow dark blue; a guardian. I eyeball my blade and head towards it but the bear roars and lunges at me. I quickly roll out of the way and grab my bow. I barely have time to load an arrow, I don't aim, I just shoot. The arrow flies through the snow and into the bear's eye. It roars so loud that my hands instantly clap against my ears. I run to my blade and grip it tight. It stands on it's feet and swings, I duck and drive the blade into its neck. The blood sprays out and splashes against the top half of my body. It falls to the ground and gurgles blood. I stab it a few more times, just to make sure it's dead. At this point, I've crossed over. I stand over the bear and breathe heavily then look up at the sky and scream, the blood dripping down my face and onto my neck. I've crossed the line of sanity. I gather my weapons and walk down to the village. There awaits the master.

"I've came to fight your strongest" I say, gripping my blade tight.

"You will fail" She laughs and moves out of the way.

A man walks out from behind her. He's tall like the last but more vicious. His fingernails are shaved into claws and his teeth are razors. He looks into my eyes, examining my weaknesses. I hold my blade in my right and my ax in the other. He charges at me, my ax flies out of my hand and into his shoulder. That doesn't stop him. He hits me head on and sends me flying back. I slam against the ground, my breathing ceased. I lean up a bit and see a smile stretch across Arashi's face. I can't let her see me hurting. I catch my breath and jump up to my feet. I grab my bow and load an arrow. He charges at me again and at the last moment, I fire and roll out of the way. The arrow enters the top of his head. He moans and groans. I run to my blade and grab it. I jump on his back and pin him to the ground then swing my sword like a golf club at his neck. I turn around and look at her, no emotions cross my face. She now knows that I'm not someone to be messed with.

"That was your strongest? What a joke!" I yell, laughing. "I'm crazy and you've chosen the wrong girl to piss off"

"Your time will come, Casie"

"So will yours. You'll be sent to hell where you belong" I didn't care how she knew my name, I just wanted her to know that I'm coming for her.

She fades into the darkness, leaving the dead body behind. I fall to my knees and begin to cry, what if I don't make it? what if I can't save this place from her wrath? I have two more men to kill and then I'll be coming for her. She'll feel the pain of every death in that plane crash, she'll feel the pain of every hiker, every boater, every single soul that has died by her hands. I stand up and hold my weapons tight, this is the beginning of the end, I will kill her. I can't stay in the tail end of the plane anymore, it's too dangerous there. I go into the secret tunnel and hide out for a few hours. I read journal after journal, people upon people. Each one of these people killed. I end up falling asleep and waking up to a loud thump upstairs. Hopefully they won't notice the door, the handle is too small, I barely seen it. The floor above me breaks and down comes one of her groupies. I swing my blade around, only getting a few good slices in. I turn and head down the tunnel, I can hear it falling apart behind me. I bust through the door and slam my ax into the side of the mountain, catching myself before I plummet towards the ground. I begin to climb but I'm instantly stopped by a hand grabbing my leg. My hand slips on the handle of the ax. I struggle to keep a hold and we eventually fall. I close my eyes and prepare for the worst. I hit the ground and prepare to roll. I've hit a slope and I'm sliding towards the edge of it. I grab a short piece of metal from my pocket and dig it into the ground until I eventually stop. The man glides passed me and right off the edge, leaving only one groupie left. I look up the mountain and see...another avalanche.