Floral

One

Image


Rue's Point of View

I drummed my nails against the counter as I waited for the high school associate to come in to help me out with the store. I loved owning my own store but sometimes it was tough because the only people that would work for me was the high school students. Which meant that I only had someone at the store once school got out. Lisa and Beth always came in around 4 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while I had Mary and Juniper on Tuesday and Thursday. On the weekends, all the girls would be in at different times of the day.

The mornings were usually incredibly slow because my customers were typically the high schoolers and they didn't start rolling in until about 2. But my time at the store in the mornings was spent getting any and all shipment unpacked and out onto the floor so that all the girls had to worry about doing was working the floor and taking care of any customers that came in which wasn't very many considering not many people considered my store to be all that great.

The bell on the door dinged to life catching my attention. I looked up just as two men and a woman came in. The woman was a petite blond woman and she was holding hands with the man that was wearing a plain black shirt and he had short brown hair. The other man had longer hair and he was wearing a floral shirt. He looked over at me and smiled.

"Hi welcome to Daisy's Boutique." I smiled at them as they approached the counter.

"Hello." The woman smiled.

"You must be Daisy." The man in the floral shirt asked me. I shook my head and laughed lightly. I had named the store after my rabbit.

"I'm actually Rue."

"Rue? That's a nice name." The man in the black shirt told me.

"Can I help you find something?" I asked them.

"Well I'm looking for a cover up type thing. Kind of like the thing you are wearing right now." The man in the black shirt told me.

"I have an entire rack of multiple styles of covers like this." I told them and led them to the rack. "They are all $12.99."

"Wow. That's a great deal." The man in the floral shirt said. I nodded and went to walk away. "Do you have floral shirts for me?"

"Yeah. Let me show you where they are." I told him. I lead him to the opposite side of the store and pointed to the two racks that held the floral shirts that we was referring to. "They are $15.99 and up. But we have this awesome deal going on with them that if you buy five of them you will get them for the price of you."

"That's awesome." He smiled at me. I nodded and walked away to let him shop. It was only noon and I was slowly losing my mind. I really needed to hire some to help me out during the day because this was super boring and I worked every day all day long.

"Are you the only person that works here?" The woman asked me. I shook my head.

"All my employees are in high school. I'm here alone for most of the day." I told her. "I've been looking to hire another manager but not many people really like the idea of my store."

"Well, I'm looking for a job." She told me. "I don't really have managerial experience but I know an extra helping hand during the day would help out."

"Really?" I asked her. She nodded.

"I'm Jenna." She smiled.

"Well I can interview you now before the teenage crowd comes in." I told her. She nodded happily. The interview wasn't very long. I just wanted a little background on her and then I was good to go. She seemed like a good person so I hired her on the spot.

"Thank you." She said as she filled out the last page of the paperwork. "Tyler has been wanting me to get a job."

"Why?" I asked her. During her brief interview, I had learned that she was married to the man in the black shirt whose name is Tyler and he was in a band with the other man whose is Josh.

"They are going on tour soon and he doesn't want me to be bored." She shrugged. "But at least I can work at a store that has great taste in music."

"Yeah. I worked at Forever21 for awhile. I hated the music. It drove me up a wall." I laughed with her as I wrote down her schedule. "I'll have you off on weekends but if you really want to, you can come in."

"I'll probably come in while they are gone. I'll have nothing better to do." She laughed as the guys both walked up with the armful of clothing each. I quickly checked them out. "So I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah. I'll train you most of the day until the Tuesday girls come in." I smiled at her.

"Thank you for hiring me." She smiled.

"No problem, Jenna." I told her. "It was nice meeting you fellas."

"You too." Tyler smiled. "Thanks for hiring her."

"It was no problem at all." I shrugged. "I desperately needed some extra help here in the mornings."

"See you around." Tyler said as he walked out with Jenna. I noticed that Josh was still standing at the register.

"Thank you for helping Jenna." Josh said. I looked at him and smiled.

"It's really not that big of a deal." I told him. He looked at me and smiled as his phone began to ring. He silenced it and looked at me.

"I'd like to take you out. I mean, obviously it will have to be when I get back from tour but I figured that we could get to know each other in the mean time." He said leaning on the counter. "We leave on Wednesday morning."

"I know. Jenna told me." I told him. He looked away and towards the window. I took that as my chance to write my number down for him. I quickly grabbed a piece of paper and scrawled my number down for him. I pushed it into his bag without him noticing. "Well it was nice meeting you, Josh."

"You too, Rue." He smiled at me before he exited my store. I smiled to myself knowing that he would be happy to find my number in his bag. And I knew I would be waiting for his call or text. Because just upon meeting him, I wanted to learn more about him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rue
Rue's Outfit