Status: Complete

Obey

1

WHACK!

Another strike of the whip to my back to teach me a lesson, it's for my own good.
Everyone else is watching me get punished so they don't make the same mistakes i have.

WHACK! WHACK!

The pain is beginning to take over all my other senses, i can barely focus on keeping my body upright now. I can hear each hiss from Zack while he watches Matt, i can't complain though. I know that if i complain my punishment will be worse.

"You see that? This is what you get if you disobey me" Matt's voice is deep with anger, his teeth clenched together.
"Do you understand you worthless maggots?" His footsteps seemed quieter as he walked over to the other two men that were locked in the room.
"Yes sir" Zack said quietly, his eyes cast downward.
"Good, you will continue to punish Brian while i go and shower" Matt laughed and left the room quickly, slamming the door as we were now alone.
"I'm so sorry Brian" Zack was crying, Matt must have changed his mind on the whip.

My breath was cut off by a hard blow to the ribs, what the fuck as he using?!
A deafening crack could be heard throughout the room, my ribs, he broke some of my ribs. Pain was beginning to cloud my vision entirely, i wasn't going to be able to stand for much longer.
He wouldn't kill me though, Matt couldn't lose his favorite puppet as he liked to call me. He just wanted to make me hurt and bleed.

"You've done enough Zack, you and Johnny can leave, Brian and I would like some alone time" Matt's voice had a dark edge to it, what did he plan on doing to me now?
"Yes sir" Zack mumbled before shuffling out of the room with Johnny quickly.
"Well, we're alone again Brian, what should we do now?" Matt asked kneeling down next to me. I had sprawled out on the floor when Zack had stopped hitting me, my ribs were aching.
"Whatever you would like sir" I groaned out, a sharp pain ripping through my side.
"I think we should have a little fun, don't you?" Matt laughed and stood, pulling me up as he did.
I wanted to grab onto him for support, but i knew that touching him without permission would only end in more pain, not that my ribs weren't currently screaming at me for attention.

"You want a reward for being good?" Matt placed me onto his bed and turned off the light.
"Yes sir" I whispered softly, i was afraid if i took too deep of a breath i'd mess my ribs up even more.
"On your stomach" Matt demanded, his body weight pulling the bed down as he laid beside me.
I nodded with the little strength i had left and rolled onto my stomach, the pain taking over completely. Even if he wanted to be nice and help me it wouldn't matter now. Sighing softly i closed my eyes, if he was going to have his way with me i wasn't going to enjoy it. A cold gel was being spread over my back slowly, taking away the pain from the whip marks in my back. Now all i had to worry about was my ribs.

A scream ripped from my throat as Matt's hands slid over my ribs, i was going to be punished again. Matt hated when i screamed, he didn't feel in control when i screamed. I'm sure it was because Johnny and Zack could hear from the room they were currently in.

"Poor baby, now i have to take you to the hospital" Matt cooed and sat up, pulling me into his lap.
I couldn't even focus on where i was anymore, the pain quickly took over and my vision turned black. I was welcoming death with open arms.

***

"Sir, he needs surgery" A nurse had been talking to Matt while i was laid up in a hospital bed with four broken ribs.
I doubted he'd let them do surgery though, that had too long of a healing process, and Matt wanted me home that day. He wouldn't take no for an answer.

"How long would that take?" Matt asked watching the nurse with close eyes.
"The surgery would only take about an hour or two, his healing time would be a few weeks" The nurse spoke quickly, Matt was a very intimidating person and i'm sure she was ready to flee the room as soon as possible.
"Whatever's best for him then" Matt's words were clipped, his voice angry.
"I'll go let the doctor know you've decided" The nurse spoke quickly and left without another word.

The door opened to reveal a very pissed off Matt, he'd go after Zack and Johnny now that i wasn't able to be his play toy. I'd rather he came after me, they didn't deserve to be punished like i was.

"Zack's going to be taught a lesson when we get home, he hurt you more than i wanted him to" Matt growled, his fists clenched tightly by his side.
I bit my tongue hard to keep from saying what i desperately needed to say, he could hurt me all he wanted, even while i was healing.

"He deserves everything that's coming to him" Matt sat down next to me and sighed, i needed to comfort him.
"Sir" I said softly, i knew not to speak too loudly or else i'd get hit.
"Yes, Brian?" Matt was looking at me with an expression i didn't recognize.
"Punish me, I was the one who deserves it, not Zack" It was too far of a stretch, but i hoped it worked.
"And why should i punish you and not Zack?" Matt's eyes were cold, no emotion on his perfect face.
"He was only doing as you asked him too, he was obeying your orders" I said, a slight lump in my throat.
"I see" Matt rose from the chair he was in and paced along the end of my bed.

I stayed quiet and kept my gaze on my lap, i knew better than to look him in the face after i asked such insane favors.
He chuckled softly and looked over to where i was laying, how could i be so stupid?
"So you'll allow me to punish you while you heal from the surgery?" Matt said walking over to my bedside.
"Yes sir" I said, more afraid this was a cruel joke to him than a request.
"I will then, but may i remind you, that if you ever let him hurt you like that again, there will be hell to pay" Matt growled gripping my hair and pulling harshly.
Wincing slightly i squeezed my eyes shut, afraid to see the anger that was seething inside of him. I knew i was walking a fine line but i didn't need Zack, or even Johnny getting hurt anymore than they already were. I'd take any form of punishment just to keep them safe, i'd been doing it for months now.
"Once the doctor let's you go home you're not allowed to speak to them, do you understand?" Matt said slowly, taunting.
"Yes sir, i understand" I said, wincing slightly as his grip tightened.
I really wished they had let me shower when i came here, i knew Matt didn't like when i wasn't my best, but i had no choice. The doctor wouldn't allow me to shower until the night before my surgery, which would most likely be very soon now. Matt always got his way, no matter who the other person was.
"Mr. Haner?" A nurse was currently standing in the doorway of my room, i'm sure Matt had made sure that he wouldn't be exposed with his position.
"Yes?" I asked nervously, what did they want now?
"The doctors are going to prep you for surgery now, we're going to have to take you down" The nurse walked in with two male nurses behind her. Their eyes locked onto Matt, worry and something else i couldn't figure out was written on their face.
I really hoped they wouldn't say anything to the doctors, they didn't understand my life and they didn't need to know. They'd judge us for being happy.
"Okay, will you come with me?" I laced my fingers with Matt's quickly as to not draw suspicion to him, it was easier to lie.
"Of course, i'll be in the waiting room til you're done" Matt said with a small smile, kissing my cheek as the nurses pulled up the railing on the sides of the hospital bed.
People knew who we were, they'd known about us for years. Only thing they didn't know was the side life that we had, they just saw us as their favorite band. I'd always wondered what our fans would think if they found out. They'd probably call us freaks, just like my ex wife had. I couldn't ever explain to her the way i felt, how would you even explain that you have feelings for your singer when you had been married for a little over two years. Val unfortunately had known, she kicked Matt out the moment he told her the truth and got a restraining order against him.
That never made sense to me though, why would she get a restraining order if he told her he had feelings for me? It's not like we had been fooling around before, not until we were both divorced. Things didn't get serious until we had gone on tour for Hail To The King, that wasn't easy to keep from the guys though. Things changed when they found out though, Matt became possessive of me. I didn't mind it in the beginning, until Zack accidentally ran into me one night after a show and Matt snapped on him worse than i'd ever seen.
Things only got tense when Matt thought i had been cheating, he'd always claimed that i was cheating with Zack. I would assure him over and over again that i wasn't, but he never believed me.
"Okay, we're going to give you some medicine to help relax you before the surgery" A nurse said, holding a syringe. Shit.
"Sounds great" I put on my best smile, afraid the nurse would see my fear and pain.
She smiled softly and pushed the needle into my skin, the medicine being pumped into my body. I definitely need to keep my mouth shut around Matt now, i tended to say really stupid things when i was not in my right state of mind. I really needed to get into contact with Val though, maybe i'd be able to talk to her next time Matt had to do an interview.
"I'll talk to you later babe, try and relax okay?" Matt said, a smile gracing his lips.
"Sure thing" I tried to give him a thumbs up but failed miserably.
He laughed and left the room, leaving the nurse and i alone. Finally, i can breathe without him breathing down my neck now.
"He did that to you didn't he?" The nurse was looking over at me, her eyes were sad.
"Ye..yeah, but he didn't mean to" I mumbled, clenching my hands tightly in my lap.
"Mr. Haner, we got a phone call from a Mr. Baker, he called the police" They arrested Matt?! Why? They couldn't do that.
"Why?" I asked, panicking slightly.
"We were informed of the abuse, your injuries are proof of that" So now Matt was going to be thrown in jail and it was my fault.
Heartbreak and fear were running through my veins, the medicine soon taking over all my senses. I'd definitely have to call Zack when i got out of surgery, well i'm sure he'd be here to pick me up when i woke up anyway.

~~~

"Oh god, this fucking sucks" I groaned, holding a hand over my side gently. I had to have three ribs put back into place and secured with more screws and metal plates than i really wanted to know.
I was able to get released a few hours after surgery which was nice, but Zack wasn't here yet so i had to wait until he arrived.
"Would you like something for the pain?" A nurse asked as she changed my bags. I was only allowed four pills a day, two in the morning and two at night. And right now i was waiting to take my first two.
"Yes please" I mumbled trying to keep my breathing even to help ease any pain i did have.
She nodded and left the room, leaving me alone with the sound of the tv in the background. Now i was waiting for my painkillers, and for Zack to come pick me up so i could leave. He was preparing the house so i'd be more comfortable, and able to get things without working my body too much.
"Here we are" The nurse sauntered back into the room holding two small cups, one with the medicine and the other with water.
"Thanks, my ribs are really starting to ache and i don't need my friends worrying more than they already do" I chuckled and popped each pill into my mouth, quickly washing them down with the water.
"You're lucky to be alive Brian, most people would've given up" I couldn't let that happen, i had to take care of my brothers so they didn't have to go through what i did.
"I know, i just wanted to protect others from getting hurt if he ever left" I spoke softly, afraid that he'd hear me. Even if he was down in lockup.
"I can tell, you're a very brave man" She smiled softly and left the room.

Was i really though?
♠ ♠ ♠
here is the first chapter to Obey
it's A LOT different than what i've written before but i was hit with major inspiration so i wanted to put it up
and also, there will be a reason for all of this but you gotta wait for that
so don't forget to comment and let me know what you think!