Status: Complete

Obey

10

Things between Matt and I had been slowly getting worse, meanwhile the relationship between Zack and I had bloomed more than I had ever expected it would. We had been going on dates together even if people could see us together and put two and two together, we didn't care who saw us. I wanted to move forward in the relationship except I was afraid to push Zack too far and freak him out, he was a newbie when it came to everything I already knew. He had only heard Matt and I together, he never actually saw how we had sex together. I'd just have to talk him through the process I guess.

“I don't like it sounds, you sound like a zombie in there” I set down my guitar and looked at Matt who was standing in the vocal booth, he didn't seem to appreciate my criticism.
“I do not sound like a zombie Brian, you keep telling my to change it and it's pissing me off” Matt spat out as he walked out of the booth, Johnny had been absentmindedly playing his bass while we recorded, or tried to record.
“Because it doesn't sound right, you keep saying you want the album to be perfect” I crossed my arms and glared back at him, I wasn't going to let him act like an asshole and get away with it.
“It sounds fine, we're keeping it the way it is” Matt stormed off to the kitchen without another word. I had hoped Zack would show up so I wouldn't have to deal with him, except he hadn't answered anyone's phone calls or texts all day.
“I'm gonna go outside for a smoke, you wanna come?” I looked over at Johnny and held up the pack.
“Nah, I was gonna call Lacey and talk to her while she's visiting her parents” Johnny said with a smile, he was head over heels in love with that woman. You could see it in his eyes whenever he talked about her.

I nodded and went outside making sure to shut the door behind myself, I knew the nicotine wasn't going to help in the long run but I needed it right now. I needed to call Zack and hope he would actually answer too.

“Hey, I'm so sorry I couldn't make it, I dropped my phone under my bed” Zack said quickly before I could even get in a hello. That answered any of the questions I would've had.
“It's alright, Matt's been pissy all day and Johnny's ignored every word that's come out of his mouth” I couldn't help but chuckle at the sight of our bassist staring blank face at Matt.
“I'll be there in about ten minutes, so if he gives you anymore hell just ignore him” I could hear him rev the engine in the background. He better not be speeding.
“I will, don't worry” I smiled and finished my cigarette before I stalked off back inside.

We said our goodbyes and hung up, time to face the wrath of Matt.

“Sorry! I woke up late and showered as fast as I could, so if you get mad at me for being late I will call you an asshole and leave” Zack set down his guitar case and plopped onto the couch next to where I was sitting.
“Just start figuring out what you're going to do, Brian keeps saying I sound like a zombie all day and I'd like to finish the song” Matt glared over at me before he looked to Zack. I knew that Zack would say Matt sounded fine since he probably did. I just liked to piss him off and make him feel like the asshole he was.

Zack set up his guitars and sat down in the chair I usually used to record, and as I would have guessed he agreed with Matt that the vocal track sounded fine. Matt sent a glare my way while Zack was talking to Johnny, I was going to give him hell for the entire duration that we recorded, it gave me a sick sense of pleasure if I was honest.

“Can I talk to you in the kitchen please?” Zack stood up slowly and looked back at me.
“Of course” I pushed myself up off the couch and followed him as he went into the kitchen, I wonder what he needed to talk to me about.

Zack stopped and turned to face me, he seemed very anxious to be standing there.

“I didn't want to say this in front of everyone else and have them all get on my case” Zack said as he clasped his hands together and looked up at me. My heart began to race frantically, what did he mean?
“Zack, what's going on?” I couldn't keep the shakiness out of my voice as I looked at him.
“I...i wanna make love to you, right now” He bit his lip and looked down at his feet. Had I heard him right? He wanted to sneak off and have sex?
“Okay, where did you want to go?” I walked over and held his waist tightly, I had been waiting to hear those words since we got together.
“Bathroom, I'll lock the door” Zack whispered softly and pulled me into the small bathroom that was connected to the kitchen.

Before the door was even shut Zack's lips were moving with my own, god he was one of the best kissers, then again he could do some great things with that mouth. I pulled his shirt off and kissed down his chest, the little groans and deep moans were all the motivation I needed to unbuckle the leather belt that kept his pants up and pull off his jeans and boxers. He was already becoming hard when I kissed under his bellybutton. God, he couldn't be more perfect if he tried.
“Brian, don't tease me” Zack gripped my hair roughly and pulled, I couldn't help the groan that slipped through my lips at the feeling. The only person who had ever pulled my hair was Matt, and even then he was too rough with it.

I stood up and kissed him roughly, his hands were unbuttoning my jeans before I could register what had happened. I pushed my jeans off boxers off while Zack worked on pulling off my shirt.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” I pulled away from the kiss and looked at him, I wasn't going to force him to do anything simply because I had wanted to.
“I'm positive Brian” There was nothing but sincerity in his eyes, I loved this man so much.

I kissed him slowly and let the pleasures take over my body and mind.

“I didn't hurt you did I?” Zack and I were sprawled out across the floor of the bathroom, our legs tangled together.
“Of course not, that was probably the most amazing experience of my life” I kissed the base of Zack's neck and smiled as he shivered, he was so easy to please.
“They're probably wondering where we are, at least I know Matt will” Zack sat up and held his hands on my chest, a small smile gracing his lips.
“They can wonder and wait all they want” I leaned up holding my hands over his and kissed him softly.

Any doubt that had been eating at me was suddenly gone, I felt better being around him.

“I actually wanted to ask you something” Zack nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck and smiled.
“What's that?” I was curious now, the last time Zack needed to ask me something that sounded serious he wanted to tell our families that we were together.
“Will you marry me?” My heart stopped, did he just propose?
“Excuse me?” I pulled away and looked at him, he reached into the pocket of his jeans and pulled out a ring. Oh my god.
“Will you marry me Brian?” He held the ring up and bit his lip, this was everything I dreamed of, well maybe a little more romantic way to propose but that was beside the point.
“Yes, of course!” I threw my arms around his neck and kissed him, I was getting married.
“Let me put the ring on before you attack me again” He laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist as I straddled his legs.

I held my hand up and squealed as he slid the ring on, I probably looked like an idiot and yet I didn't care. I was getting married!

“Let's get dressed and go back out there, I want to go home with my fiance” The way Zack said fiance had chills running down my spine, I couldn't wait to get my hands back on him.

We helped each other get dressed before we left the bathroom, Johnny was squirming in his chair while Matt sat at the table completely across the studio, he must've heard Zack and I in the bathroom.

“Bout time you guys came out, I was beginning to think you ended up getting lost” Johnny chuckled and looked through the magazine that was in his hands. I knew there was more to the situation than he was going to let on, I'd just have to get it out of him while Matt wasn't around.
“We just got a little distracted” I laced my fingers with Zack's and smiled, everyone would find out very soon about the engagement.
“You had sex and got engaged, Zack had been asking Matt and I about it for the last couple of weeks so it's about time he finally did it” Matt looked over at us and gasped, I don't think he was expecting it to happen so soon.
“You're such an ass” I chuckled and plopped down onto the couch.
“You got that right, but congrats guys, you deserve it” Johnny clapped me on the shoulder with a smile, Matt refused to look over at us the moment he heard the news.

I wanted to go over and try to talk to him, except I was afraid he'd snap on me and cause more tension than there already was between us. Zack knew things would never be the same for Matt and I, even if we weren't getting married they'd never be the same. I just hoped we could at least be friends after all was said and done, even if we couldn't be together any longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Wedding

“Everything's gonna go great, now stop biting your nails before you break the skin” Johnny slapped my hands away from my mouth so I could stop. He always knew how to try and help me when I was nervous.
“Thanks, I just don't want things to get ruined and disappoint Zack at all” I sighed and sat down on the couch that was located in the room.
“Seriously Brian? When have you ever truly disappointed Zack?” I thought about it for a few moments and smiled, Zack was the only person I truly ever made happy without any consequence.
“I'm just nervous is all” I looked up at Johnny and frowned slightly, Matt was standing in the doorway, his eyes cast on his feet.
“Oh, hey Matt” Johnny turned to face Matt, his expression mimicking mine.
“Hey, I just wanted to talk to Brian for a few, Zack wanted to send a message since he's not allowed to see him yet” Matt said, shoving his hands into his pockets. It seemed true enough.

Johnny nodded and left the room, most likely to go find his wife.

“Zack said he loves you, can't wait to see you in your tux, and that he'll meet you at the altar” Matt's voice was so hollow, I wanted nothing more than to comfort him.
“Thanks for relaying the message” I nodded slightly and looked around the room, I couldn't look at him.
“No problem, I'll see you later Brian” He turned to leave and sniffled. My heart shattered.
“Matt wait” I stood up and grabbed his arm, I needed to apologize for being such an asshole.
“Brian just let go, I need to go catch up with Val” He pulled his arm from my grip and walked out of the room, was I making the wrong decision?

I paced the small room and waited for Johnny to get me before I walked down the altar to meet up with Zack, fortunately I didn't have to wait long. The nerves disappeared and I was no longer afraid to marry the man I had loved for so long. I may have loved Matt long ago but now, I was marrying my best friend. And I couldn't be any happier.

FIN
♠ ♠ ♠
AHHHH! I'm so sad to see this over!
it was one of the more different stories i had written and it saddens me to see it end
i hope everyone that read it enjoyed it with all the twists and turns that i threw in there for you
and if anyone is interested i do have another Bratt story up on my channel, it's called Last To Know so if any of you guys are interested go check it out
but other than that thank you for reading and thanks you everyone who commented telling me what they though, you guys are the MVP's here lol