To Love a Monster

An American

Kira Alexander walked down the dark streets of a small South Korean village.

She had taken a wrong turn and her car had died a few miles back. She had wondering into the village hoping for a gas station or someone with a car.

The village had neither but told her of a house on a near by hill. The owner made pottery for a living and owned a truck.

Thinking that would be a good place to start she made her way to the hill.

But she didn't get very far.

A scream broke the silence of the woods. Kira quickly followed, hoping to find the source.

She stumbled upon four people. Two late teens to early twenties girls who were unmoving on the ground. A man in his twenties holding a small eight year old girl by her throat.

The girl went limp. Kira could only stare. The man turned to face her. The dim moonlight showed that this man was quite handsome and had a psychotic grin on his lips.

Kira turned around, dropping her bag, and started running. She knew he was behind her but she didn't dare look.

She almost ran into two American men. She quickly hid before they saw her.

"Where is that brat?!" Growled one man

The voice was very familiar to Kira. She knew without looking the voice belong to her ex boyfriend, Zach.

Zach was very abusive and Kira had just worked up the courage to flee to Korea on a "vacation".

Her back was against the tree. In front of her the guy from before appeared a few meters away.

Kira realized that she had two options.

1). Get killed
2). Go back to Zach and get raped, beat then maybe killed.

She liked the first one better.

She got up and ran towards the mystery man. She wrapped her arms around his waist feeling his hard abs. She felt him tense.

Tae-soo looked down at the American girl who had ran towards him when a few minutes ago she had ran away.

"There is she! That slut!" Said an unknown voice

Tae-soo looked up as he felt the girl's arms tighten around him. He realized she was more afraid of these two American men then of himself.

A sweet voice reached his ears.

"Please. If you are going to kill me do it before they reach us. Please." She said

Tae-soo, who enjoyed to kill, was torn. In the first time in his life he didn't know if he wanted to kill the girl.

Tae-soo unwrapped her arms making her look at him.

Kira stared into his cold brown eyes. He was very handsome. Taller than her 5'4", black hair hanging in his eyes. She had a hard time keeping a blush off her cheeks.

"Come with me. I won't hurt you." He said in perfect English

His voice was enough to make Kira's heart beat faster.

He grabbed her hand and started running.

She didn't know how far they ran but he brought her to his house. The house the village told her about.

She always believed that nothing happens without a reason. She had a feeling she was suppose to met this man.

Safe inside the house which was clean, she spoke.

"My name is Kira." She said

"Tae-soo." He said

"Thank you Tae-soo."