Status: Active // weekly updates

Best for Business

The Morning After

I don’t remember falling asleep, but I wake up next to Seth. I rub my eyes, getting rid of the crusties I get during sleep. When I can properly see, I look over at Seth. I can feel his arms around me, so I know he’s close. His eyes are open, but he’s blinking slowly. He looks like he could fall back asleep at any moment. When he sees I’m awake, he smiles softly. “Good morning,” He says.

“Hey, you,” I smile.

He rubs my back. “You fell asleep kind of early.”

“I know, I’m sorry. Did you finish the movie though?”

Seth nods. “I did, actually. And, I must say, The Devil’s Rejects is halfway decent.” I roll my eyes. I know he liked the movie. I can tell from his voice. But, if he wants to live in denial, I’ll let him. “Shay, your phone has been going off like crazy.” He informs me.

I shrug. “It’s alright. People were probably just wondering where I’ve been.”

Realizing he kept me from afterparties, Seth frowns. “I’m sorry I took you from everyone.”

I laugh and lace my fingers with his. “It was worth it. I did what I wanted to do.” Seth nods, but he doesn’t look convinced. “What are your plans before the show today?” I ask, changing the subject.

“I’m going to crossfit for an hour or two. Pack my bags for home. I want to spend as much time in Iowa as I can, and that’s where Thursday’s show is. What about you?” It’s crazy how last night Seth retained his title, yet he won’t take a day off. He’s straight back into training like he’s not already the champ.

“I’m probably going to see Brie. We haven’t had any not work related one-on-one time in a while, and I’d like to catch up with her. I have to pack, too, but I’m leaving tomorrow.” I tell him.

“Are you going to stay at my house?” He asks.

I lean up to give him a kiss. “Absolutely.” We lay there for a little while. I don’t want to get up and leave him. We just lay together, cuddling and talking. We talk of nothing important, just our dreams when we sleep and music. I eventually grab my phone. I have a few texts, like Seth told me I had. I put in my password and look up Brie’s name. I send her a message and tell her I’m free until Raw today if she wants to hang out. She texts me back relatively quickly and says I can head to her and Bryan’s hotel room. “I need to get up and ready,” I tell Seth.

“Me too,” He sighs dramatically, like it’s the last thing he wants to do. I laugh, and we both roll out of bed. I get my change of clothes and makeup bag from my tote and head to the bathroom to change. I open the door after I’m changed, but I stay in the room to put makeup on. My makeup routine is rather quick, so I don’t spend too much time in there. Once I’m out, I see Seth putting my DVD player and movies back in my bag. I grin and thank him. “No problem, beautiful,” He smiles.

I put my clothes in my bag, and then give Seth a big hug. “I don’t want to leave you,” I pout.

“I’ll see you tonight. Just a few more hours and I’m with you all over again.” He gives me a long kiss, which leaves me breathless. After a kiss like that, you’d never want to leave. I reluctantly grab my bag, give him another kiss, and leave.

Brie’s room is on the floor above me. I try to hurry to the elevator door before it shuts, but I yell for whoever is in the elevator to keep it open. A hand holds it, and the doors retract. I walk in the elevator, surprised to see Dean Ambrose. I thank him for holding the doors open for me.

“No problem,” He says. I push the button to floor I want to get to. We are the only people in the elevator. Dean and I haven’t really talked. I’ve seen him in passing, and have nothing but respect for him. The ride is short, but Dean talks to me anyway. “Congrats last night. That’s a big deal.”

I smile. “Thank you! It was crazy.”

He shifts his weight more onto one foot and just stares at me. I raise my eyebrows. He looks like he wants to say something, but he’s fighting against the urge. “Can I ask you a question?” He asks.

I find it a little odd that he’s approaching me now, but I’m just rolling with it. “Yeah, of course.” The elevator dings, and we both get off on the same floor. We stand outside the elevator, but just out of the way off passerbyers.

“I know we haven’t really talked, but I just want you to know I have your best interest at heart.” I nod, and he keeps going. “What is your relationship with Seth exactly?”

I’m a little put off, but I can’t help but smile. “It’s a great relationship. Why?”

He gives me an odd look. “Are you dating?”

This is the first time someone has asked me this, and, coming from a man I don’t know well, it’s off putting. “I don’t know how that’s any of your business.” I don’t mean to be defensive, but it just seems weird to me.

“Fair enough,” he says, nodding. “I just wanted to say, watch your back, okay? You seem like a nice girl, and I don’t want anything bad to happen to you.”

I’m partly annoyed, but also intrigued. “What do you mean?”

“Seth’s an asshole. When you think things are fine, he will leave. He’s always taken the coward's way out of things. I’ve seen him to it to people he’s considered closest to him.” I don’t know if he’s referring to his professional or personal relationship with Seth. I know Seth and Dean were once part of a team, and Seth had to betray the group. If that’s what Dean’s talking about, that’s a little ridiculous. Seth and I haven’t ever talked about Dean, so I don’t know what the personal relationship is exactly.

“I’ll take that into consideration,” I finally say. Dean nods again and repeats he only wants to watch out for me. He also tells me that if I ever need anything, he’s got my back. I thank him and tell him I appreciate it. I know Dean is a kindhearted individual. Just from hearing stories, I know. He probably wouldn’t have said anything unprompted. We part ways and I walk over to Brie’s hotel room. I knock a few times, and Bryan answers. He welcomes me inside.

When I see Brie, I pull her into a big hug. “I’m so sorry about last night. I didn’t mean to bail on everybody.”

Brie, Bryan, and I sit down on the bed, each at different angles. “You must’ve had a really good reason to miss out on a celebration,” Bryan chuckles.

“Yeah, what happened?” Brie asks.

I sigh, running my hands through my blonde hair. “It’s a little crazy, so bare with me here.” The couple nod, and I continue. “Bryan, I’m sure Brie told you about my feelings for Seth. Last night, after our on stage kiss, he pulled me aside and told me he really needed to talk to me.”

“Oh my god, what happened?” Brie interrupts. Bryan comments that they won’t know if she makes me pause, and Brie vows to be tight lipped for the rest of my story.

“I went to his room, and it was weird at first. We sat for a while, and then he was like ‘I don’t know how I feel about you’ and I was so confused. He kept asking how I felt about him, so I was just honest. I kept promising myself I would be, so I went for it. It turns out, he’s really felt the same way, too.”

“No way!” Brie grins. She pulls me into another excited hug. “So, are you guys a thing now?”

I nod. “Yeah, we kind of made it official last night. I’m kind of really nervous about the pace we’re going, but it feels so right. I obviously need to learn more about Seth, but we have time. It makes our in-ring relationship so much easier.” I pause for a moment. “Did I make a mistake getting into an official relationship with him?”

“If it feels right, what’s stopping you?” Bryan says. He’s usually very critical, so his approval means a lot to me.

“He’s a sweetheart. I can tell he’s nervous talking to new people, but I’ve seen nothing but a great guy. I wish I didn’t buy into the rumors. He makes you happy, and I think that’s all that matters,” Brie agrees.

I thank both of them. It means the world that they accept my relationship. They’ve been nothing but great to me, and I appreciate that more than they’ll ever know. Brie and Bryan met through a similar situation a few years back, so they get this scenario better than anybody.

I decide not to tell them about my encounter with Dean. I’d like to keep that to myself until I can talk to Seth about it. Instead, we talk about other things. Brie and Bryan tell me about additions they’re making to their house. Brie also informs me of the after parties I missed. She was in full Brie Mode last night, even if her sister lost her title to me. “It was just so fun,” She smiles. “I wish you were there. So many people asked about you. But, from the smile on your face, I know it was worth it.”

“It really was. I can party tomorrow if I want to,” I tell them, and they agree. I do plan on celebrating with Seth. He retained his title and I won mine. Once tomorrow comes around, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind celebrating.

We make some more small talk. I catch up with Brie and Bryan. Unless we have something serious to talk about, we’re always lighthearted. We spend hours talking, and eventually go get lunch. I’m surprised I haven’t heard Brie bring up Nikki yet, but I know that Nikki will show her disapproval once the show starts.

Before I leave them to get ready for the show, Brie asks, “So, do you think you guys will double date with us?”

I shrug, “I don’t see why not.”

Bryan drapes his arm over Brie’s shoulder and shoots her a disgusted look only I can see. “Since when do we double date?” He jokes.

Brie laughs and holds her hand out to me. “Since my best friend got herself a boyfriend.” I tell them that I’ll talk to Seth about it. We’ll be in Iowa for as long as we can, because it’s Seth’s home state. The couple understands. They always want to be home as long as possible, as would anybody.

Brie gets a text from Nikki, who wants to come over. I take it as my time to leave. I give both of them hugs and tell them I’ll see them tonight.

I head back to my room. Lilian is there, packing her bags. I’m assuming she has a flight back home tonight. “Hey, girl!” I say as I come in.

Lilian grins as she sees me. “Hey! Tell me about your night!”

I sit on my bed and give her a brief summary of my night. I tell her I skipped parties to hang out with Seth, and spent the night with him because we had a movie night. I didn’t tell her I’m dating Seth yet, because I want to wait to be with him to announce us officially. She gives me a look like she doesn’t completely buy it, but she doesn’t object.

I ask her about her night, and she just shrugs. “It was good. I hung out with a lot of the girls. We went to the bar; I drank a little too much, you know, the usual.” She gives me a small smile, and I laugh.

“As long as you had a good time, it’s all that matters.” Lillian and I talk a little longer, but I soon realize I need to get ready for Raw. She heads out before I do. While I get ready, I exchange some texts with Seth. I ask him if I should wear a Rollins shirt tonight, and he likes the idea. He told me he’d give me a shirt when I got to the arena.

I pack my bag with butterflies in my stomach. I know Seth and I are an onscreen couple, but showing up tonight as a real couple could change some things. It’ll also be one of the best shows for me because it’s my first night as champion. I’m filled with anxiousness, but the best kind.