Status: Active // weekly updates

Best for Business

Out in the Open

As soon as I get to the arena, I text Seth and tell him I’m here. I was running a little late because my hair wasn’t cooperating with me, so I’m one of the last people here. I head to the locker room. It’s filled with all the Divas today. Everybody, aside from Brie and Nikki, pull me into hugs and congratulate me. Alicia practically jumps into my arms. “Girl, you’re here so late! We have a match tonight! And you did so great yesterday!”

I grin, letting Alicia pull me close, “Do you wanna go catch up? I have to go for a walk anyway.” Alicia smiles and nods. She’s not in her ring gear yet, so I’m assuming our match is later in the night. I put my bag down, and sling my title belt over my shoulder. I look over at the twins. Nikki looks a little upset, but Brie smiles at me. She knows I’m about to see Seth, so she’s happy for me.

I check my phone before putting it in my pocket. Seth told me to meet him by catering. Alicia and I go for a walk, and I lead her into that direction. “What’s going on?” I ask her.

“I just wanted to tell you I’m so, so, so happy you won. We have a tag match against the Bellas tonight, too. And where were you last night?” She’s basically jumping up and down in excitement.

I can’t help but grin. “I’m trying to keep this lowkey until tomorrow, and I know you can hardly keep a secret, but I have to tell you. Just please don’t bring it up to everybody until I talk to him.” Alicia nods ecstatically. “Last night I went back to the hotel room with Seth. It wasn’t anything crazy. We basically just talked and watched movies and junk.”

Alicia raises her eyebrows. “I’m not allowed to tell people you watched movies?”

“Well, it’s a little more than that -”

Alicia put her hand over my mouth so I can’t speak. “Fuck, did you have sex with him?”

I laugh and shake my head. “No, but I can tell you this onscreen relationship is not just onscreen.”

“Does he treat you well?” Alicia asks. I’m surprised that’s the first question she asks. Alicia has a crazy personality and an unfiltered mouth. For her to ask something so serious surprises me a bit.

I smile, thinking back to previous encounters with Seth. “Of course. He makes me so happy.” Alicia tells me she’s happy for me, just as we get to catering. I see Seth, who is all smiles as he sees me walk over. He’s already in his ringwear, but he has my shirt in his hands. When I see him, I walk a little faster and wrap my arms around him. “Hi, there.”

He kisses the side of my head before pulling away. “Hey, Shay. Hello, Alicia,” He says, motioning to her. I look over at Alicia, and she looks so happy for us. He hands me my shirt and holds my free hand with his. “I’m opening the show tonight, and you have to be there with me. We don’t have much time, but I can hang until your match.” He smiles. He’s all business right now, but we have to be when the show starts in fifteen minutes.

“Let me go get dressed then. Are we meeting where we usually do?” Seth nods. He squeezes my hand before letting it go. I smile back at him, and walk off with Alicia.

“He was so boring,” She exaggerates a sigh, but is playful about it.

“Just because the show starts in a bit. I hold up the shirt as I walk. “Will you cut this more into a crop top for me?” Alicia takes the shirt from me and tells me she’d love to. We head back to the locker room. Alicia cuts my Rollins shirt and I change into my little black shorts and combat boots. Alicia hands me my shirt, and I put it on over my bra. I give her a 360 degree view of my outfit, and she nods, telling me I look great.

As much as I want to talk with the other girls, I know I have to go meet Seth. The show starts in just a few minutes. I tell them all I’ll be back and walk over to Seth. As soon as I’m near him, he puts his arm around my waist. “Ready?”

I nod, somewhat nervous. “What are we going to do?”

Seth shrugs, a smug smile on his face. “You know, just gloat about being champions. Maybe make out a little, you know? Did you talk to the bosses?”

I shake my head, “No, I got here late.”

“We’ll go out. I’ll get a mic and talk about how great we did. I’ll also give that whole ‘I’m the best’ lecture I do. You’ll probably have to give me a kiss or two, because, you know, I’m the best,” He says the last part playfully.

I laugh and lean up to kiss his nose. “I suppose I can do that. Do I talk any?”

“Yeah, just say that you’re the best. You clearly are - you’re champion and undefeated.” I don’t know if I’m really the best, but I thank him for his compliment. His music starts, and he asks if I’m ready. I nod, and put my title over my shoulder. He does the same with his. I grab his free hand and we make our entrance.

It’s an overwhelming, but a fantastic feeling to head out to the stage. I’ve never made a speech on Raw before, and this is my first time coming out as champion. It’s also the first time I don’t feel like I’m acting with Seth. The crowd isn’t feeling as great about Seth and I, and it may be because I’m wearing Seth’s merch.

As the crowd’s shouts wear down, Seth grabs him a mic. He gives me a slight signal, and we both raise our belts in the air. “Do you see this?” Seth exclaims. “My girl and I both champions. As of last night, Shay became the best, and I remained the best.” I smile and kiss his cheek. Seth keeps the charade going. He talks about how he, again, successfully defeated his opponent. He then talks about me. I’m the best woman in my division, he says before handing me the mic.

He likes his lips and offers a smug smile as he hands me the microphone. I grin as Seth wraps his free arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him. “That’s right. Since my debut, I’ve never lost a match. And now, look at me, I’m the best Diva on the roster. Championships don’t lie.” I hold my belt up, and the crowd cheers. “And, I have the most successful man - the champion of all champions - by my side. All I have to say is, watch out. We are the face of this business.” Seth gives me a slight nod, and I toss the microphone to one of the ringside staff. Seth and I walk out, looking just as arrogant as before.

As soon as we’re backstage, Seth picks me up in a hug. “You did great for your first speech as a bad girl,” He whispers in my ear.

“Thank you! What’s on the agenda for tonight?” I ask as he sets me down.

“You have a tag match tonight, but I’m sure you know that, because you came with Alicia. But I’m match free, as far as I know of. I have a few scheduled interviews with the bosses that’ll probably be televised. But other than that, I’m all yours.”

“That sounds great to me,” I tell him. “Oh, we also need a picture of us two together. Champions together, you know?”

“We can get someone on it,” He laughs. “Do you need to get ready for your match?”

“No, I’m already dressed. I have some time until my match. We can hang out.” Seth takes my hand and leads me to a back area. There’s boxes of things around the hallway we’re in. People often walk back and forth, but never really hang around. As of right now, people are passing by us.

I sit on top of one of the big boxes, and Seth stands next to me. I give him a kiss, but he pulls away a little too quickly. “People don’t know yet,” He murmurs.

“Am I supposed to announce it to the world?” I laugh.

He shakes his head. He’s not smiling as big as he was previously. “I mean, I guess we have to. I suppose you already told your friends.”

“Only Brie, Bryan, and Alicia. But she can’t really keep a secret,” I shrug.

Seth laughs. “We’ll more publically announce it tomorrow, once we’re home and not working. I’m not trying to hide you away, but I know the locker room has a distaste for me.” My face must’ve changed, because Seth adds, “Did something happen?”

“I wanted to talk to you about it later. It’s not important right now,” I sigh. The look on Seth’s face tells me he doesn’t believe me. I set my belt beside me and grab both of Seth’s hands. “I promise, Seth. You’d know if anything bad happened, you’d be the first to know.”

“I know. I just don’t want my reputation to fuck yours up.”

I laugh and squeeze his hands. “You made me yours last night. Your problems are my problems. I knew what I was getting into when I fell for you. It didn’t shy me away. At the end of the day, it matters is that we’re happy.”

His smile returns. “I know. Thank you, babe.” He kisses my forehead.

“Let’s go get our picture taken,” I laugh. I get down from my makeshift seat and walk Seth over to the outside of female locker room. I spot Natalya and TJ. I wave over to them. “Hey, guys. How are you?” I ask them. Seth shoots me an uncomfortable look, but I squeeze his hand again in reassurance.

“Hi, beautiful!” Nattie grins. She pulls me in a side hug. “How are you doing, Seth?”

“I’m doing pretty good,” He says, smiling awkwardly. TJ makes a joke to make Seth feel a little more comfortable, and it seems to work. It makes me feel horrible that Seth experiences social anxiety around his coworkers, but my friends go out of their way to make him comfortable, boyfriend or not.

Nattie, who enjoys talking more than any of us, guides us into a conversation. She quickly takes her phone out and tells me her and I are overdue for a picture. She pulls me in close and we pose for a few pictures. Out of the corner of my eye, TJ and Seth are talking. “Nattie, can you do me a favor? I’d really appreciate it.”

“Of course, Shay. What is it?” She asks.

“I left my phone in my bag. Would you mind taking a picture of Seth and I? We need a photo of both of us with our belts to post tonight.”

She nods enthusiastically and pulls Seth close to me. “Seth, I’m taking a picture of you two. Be cute champions together,” Nattie instructs. Seth and I pose, and she takes a few pictures. She sends me the one she thinks is best, and we both thank her. We talk as a group for a little longer. When I realize my match is approaching, I excuse myself.

Seth walks away with me, naturally, but I put a hand on his chest. “I’m going to the locker room. I’ll be out in a minute.” He nods and waits for me.

Back in the locker room, I find Alicia getting ready. “Ready?” I ask her once I’m inside.

She looks over at me, “Hell yeah. Let’s kick ass.” She finishes lacing her boots, and we walk out together. When she sees Seth outside, she grins. “Hey lover boy. What’s up?”

I can almost see Seth blush, but he shrugs it off. “Just waiting to escort you to your match.”

She shoots me a look. “Is he coming out with us?”

“Not tonight,” I laugh. We all walk to the backstage area. Seth grabs my hand while we walk, and I swing it back and forth between us. Alicia tells us all about her weekend, but I don’t mind. I love hearing my friends talk.

When we get to where the Bellas are, Brie immediately jumps over to us. She holds my free hand. “Good luck, girl! You’ll need it.” She winks, and I can’t help but laugh.

“I could say the same to you,” I say, returning her humor. We talk until the Bellas music starts. She runs outside with her sister.

Alicia decided to come out with my music, just because it makes things easier. Alicia and I make our entrance. As soon as we get inside the ring, Nikki requests that I start the match with her. I have no complaints about that, and we square off.

I dominated between Nikki and I. I think her unhappiness with last night hasn’t left her mind yet. She tags Brie, and I tag Alicia so she could get a chance in the ring. Alicia is a very underrated competitor. She has great moves, and she really knows what she’s doing. I’m not surprised she was able to pull out a win for us.

It was a clean match - definitely my third one with Nikki to show her that I am deserving of the title. Alicia and I go backstage and celebrate. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Dean. He’s giving me a look that reminds me of the conversation we had earlier. I’m suddenly anxious. I need to be with Seth to figure this out, but I know I have to wait another day to do so. The wait is excruciating.