Status: Active // weekly updates

Best for Business

Back to Business

We don’t sleep together. We fool around just enough to let tension build for when we do have sex. When we finish, we just lay together in our underwear. “You’re perfect, baby,” He whispers.

I lean over to unpause True Blood. I didn’t forget his desire to find out what happens to his favorite characters. I smile as his eyes fall onto the TV. “Almost as perfect as you,” I tell him.

I’m now more able to pay attention to our show, but my eyes still wander over to Seth. He really is perfect. His caution about some things make me know he takes this relationship very seriously and doesn’t want to do anything to screw it up.

Since we decided on not doing anything for the whole day, Seth and I complete season three of True Blood. When I put in season four, I give him a serious look. “This is my personal favorite season. We have to pay so much attention to it,” I tell him.

“I’ll be so focused. No word will come out of my mouth.” I laugh, knowing he’s going to ask thousands of questions. He has been since we started the series. He always wants to know what’s going to happen, if certain characters will get together, and often makes his opinions and predictions known. I don’t mind his asking. I talk during movies all the time, so it’d be hypocritical to object.

When we’re about a quarter of the way through the season, my phone rings. Brie’s name is popping up as the caller. Surprised, I excuse myself from the room so Seth can continue watching. Once I’m in his hallway, I answer. “Hey girl, what’s up?”

“Do you have a moment?” Brie asks. She sounds pained, and I immediately feel bad for her.

“Of course. What’s going on?” I lean against the white walls of Seth’s hallway.

“I had a fight with Nicole, and Bryan isn’t going to the show Thursday. Can I room with you?” I know she hates talking about conflict over the phone, so I won’t get many details until I see her.

I hold back a nervous sigh. I’m not staying in a hotel this week; I’m with Seth. I don’t know what to say, but I respond quickly so she doesn’t think anything is wrong. “I’ll have to run it by Seth, but, as far as I’m concerned, I’d love to have you. I’m staying at his house this week.”

I can hear her squeal on the other line. “No way! Should I ask Renee or someone else? Get some time with your man!”

“Are you sure? Do you think Nikki and you will be able to make up before then?”

“Nicole is staying with John because she feels it’s the best option. She’s just upset, so I need to give her some time to come around, like usual. I’ll ask some of the other girls what their plans are,” Brie informs me.

I reposition my phone to my other ear and start picking at my nail polish. “I’m sorry, girl. If you need me, let me know. I’ll talk to Seth about it and let you know before tomorrow’s show.” Brie thanks me, and we say our goodbyes.

I head back to Seth’s room. When I open the door, his eyes widen a little. “What’s going on?” He asks.

“Twin drama,” I sigh. I lay back on the bed with him.

He pauses the episode he’s been watching so he doesn’t miss anything. “Do you want to talk about it?”

I continue to pick at my nail polish, but I look up at him. “Nicole and Brie are changing rooming arrangements due to some fight. She wanted to know if she could stay with me, but I told her I’m with you. If she can’t find another girl to room with, I’d probably go stay with her.”

“That’s rough,” Seth says. He grabs my hands in an effort to rid me of my nervous habit. “As much as I enjoy having you to myself, she can always sleep on the couch here, or something.”

I smile as Seth leans down to give me a quick kiss. “Are you sure?” I ask him.

“Yeah. I know she’s important to you. If she’s your best friend, I know I’ll be closely acquainted to her as well. But, as a last resort. I don’t want to share you with anybody for as long as possible.” I tell him he doesn’t need to worry about that. He laughs, reaching back for the remote. As he unpauses, I reposition myself so we can cuddle comfortably.

We spend the rest of the night being lazy. We ate dinner together, watched some more TV, and made out throughout the night. Very early the next morning, Brie texts me to tell me she has it covered and will be spending her room stay with Renee. She’ll be on the first flight out to Arizona the next day, though.

I wake up next to Seth the next morning. I’m the first one awake. I take the time to grab my essential shower supplies, my outfit for the day, and go take a shower. When I finish, I head back to Seth’s room. He’s awake as I enter.

“Good morning, handsome,” I smile.

He beckons me over to him. “Good morning, baby girl,” He gives me a quick kiss. “We have to be productive today,” He lets out a dramatic sigh, but laughs afterwards.

I sit on the side of the bed. “I know. I think I have an interview today, and Steph wants me there before the show.”

Seth nods, “They want me there, too. You look nice, by the way,” He comments.

I smile, looking down at my olive green sundress. “Thank you. Do you want me to make you breakfast?”

Again, Seth nods. “I just want cereal. I want to do a brief workout before the show tonight. What time is your interview?”

“1pm, I believe.” I look down at the clock on my iPhone. It’s 11am.

I tell Seth the time, and he sighs, standing up. “I’ll go train when you have your interview. I can take you there.” I agree. We both walk to the kitchen. I prepare us both bowls of cinnamon toast crunch. While we eat, we reflect on our dreams the night before. After we’re done, Seth gets dressed and I do my makeup. By the time we’re both ready, it’s time to leave.

Seth drives me over to the arena where I’ll be interviewed. He gives me a kiss and tells me he’ll see me later. It’s easy to find the interview room. Once I’m there, I’m greeted by one of the WWE staff members, Marlin. He’s setting up a camera to interview me with. I ask him if the interview will be a video or not, and he verifies that it’ll be a videoed interview.

One thing I like about Marlin is that he provides me a brief rundown on the questions he’ll ask. “I’ll ask about being the champ, your relationship with Seth, your opinion on still being undefeated. Those kinds of things,” He says, smiling.

Once I’m ready, he stands beside me and starts recording. “Hello, Shay. How are you today?”

“I’m great, Marlin! How are you?” I say. I actually love interviews. I know Superstars who get anxiety over interviews, but I’m the opposite. I see it as another way to interact with fans.

“I’m doing well, thanks for asking. So, let’s get right to it. Recently you became the Divas Champion. According to records, you’re the first Diva to get this opportunity so soon after debuting, and you’re the first undefeated Diva since your debut. What is it feel like to be breaking all these records?”

I smile, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear. “It’s incredible, actually. I didn’t expect to be undefeated this long. I guess I just underestimated my abilities.”

“What do you mean?” He asks.

“I mean, I didn’t think things would escalate the way they did. It took me years to get signed with WWE. I trained with some of the women who were on the roster before me. When I got signed, I knew I was good enough to be here, but I didn’t think I’d be champion this quickly.”

Marlin nods, as if he understands. Maybe he does. “How does it feel to be champion?”

I can’t help but grin. I motion down to the belt I’m wearing. “Absolutely amazing. This is what we all come here for. I came to be champion, and I managed to achieve it.”

He nods again. “And, as of late, the WWE Universe has learned of your relationship with Seth? How did that come about?”

I know this is where I almost have to lie. I know Stephanie and Hunter told me to always portray my onscreen relationship with Seth as if it were real. Now that we are real, it feels odd to talk about how we met. “Well, I met him through the job. We had an instant connection from the start. It was like we couldn’t stay away from each other. As our relationship progressed, we knew we had to make it public. We wanted to share with the world how happy we are together.” I explain.

“Out of all the people on the roster, why him?” Marlin asks.

“I always get this question,” I sigh. “Seth’s a great guy. He treats me so well. And, Marlin, let’s be honest: you can’t choose who you connect with. You just can’t.”

He continues to ask me a few random questions. Once we wrap up the interview, Marlin pulls me aside. “Off the record, how is working with Seth?”

I suppress a groan. I know exactly where this is going. “It’s perfectly fine, Marlin. Nothing to worry about.”

Before Marlin can speak, Hunter pops his head in the doorway. “I’m glad I made it in time. Shay, may we have a moment?” I nod because you can’t just tell your boss no like that. Marlin doesn’t say anything else, so I just grab my belt and leave.

My talk with the bosses isn’t supposed to be until just before the show. What does he possibly have to talk about this early?