Status: Active // weekly updates

Best for Business

Rollercoaster Ride

My knee feels better the next day, which is a relief because I needed to really train. My week with Seth took me out of my usual training, which makes me nervous. Training makes me feel top notch. Going multiple days without it makes me worry my strength will deteriorate - even though I know it won’t.

Right now, I’m hanging out with Brie in my hotel room. Somehow I managed to get my own room tonight, but I don’t like to be alone. She and I are curled up together, eating unsalted popcorn and gossiping. “Tell me about Seth,” Brie giggles like a twelve year old.

“What do you want to know?” I ask, though I already know the answer. I was the same way when she started dating Bryan. I wanted to know every detail of her forming relationship. Her relationship is mine, in a sense.

“I want to know everything! What’s so attractive about him? Do you guys have everything in common? Is he romantic?” Brie’s questions are rushed due to her enthusiasm.

I take a second to think over my answer. I want to word it perfectly for her. “I know I haven’t known him that long, but I swear, I love almost everything about him. I love that he’s polite. I know at the beginning he was standoffish, but he doesn’t handle new situations well. He asks for permission to do things, even the simplest things. He wants to take things slow. It’s almost like he’s old fashioned.”

Brie raises her eyebrows. “Do you want to take things slow?”

I shrug. “Yeah, kinda. Our relationship is so new. But, you know me. Once I’m turned on, I forget I even want things to go slow.”

Brie nods. She does know me that well, and can probably name similar situations I’ve been in. “So, how slow did things go...?”

“We fooled around, but we didn’t have sex or anything.” Brie gives a nod of approval, and I continue. “But, physically? I’m more attracted to him than any other man on the planet.”

“Really? I thought your ex was the absolute opposite of him?” She’s right. He really is. My ex boyfriend was a preppy blonde boy who could hardly do anything for himself.

“He is. But, I don’t know how to describe Seth. Everything about him physically makes me want to be with him, always. I’ve always been a sucker for dark eyes. His are the perfect shade of brown. I even love his beard. It’s not one of those patchy beards that those guys who can grow barely any facial hair have to seem manly. It’s weird to kiss him, kind of, because beards can be scratchy, but I just love it.” Brie interrupts me to tell me she felt the same about Bryan and his beard. She then urges me to continue. “His long, semi-curly hair just kills me. I want to run my hands through it all day long. And that smile, Brie, don’t even get me started on that.”

My best friend smiles. “Babe, I have all the time in the world for you to talk about him. I love seeing you this happy.”

“Well, if you insist,” I laugh. “I love his smile. It’s contagious. He even has this little gap in between his two front teeth. It’s so small, but I’m in love with it. It adds character. And, we’ve all seen him shirtless. I mean, those abs are rock hard. He’s just the whole package.” I conclude my physical description. My face feels hot from just the thought of him.

Brie just smiles and claps her hands in excitement. “I’ve never ever seen you this excited and lovestruck over anybody. That’s insane! Are your personalities similar?”

I shrug. “Yes and no. We both have a similar sense of humor. I’m a little more outgoing than him, and I’m not as cautious about things as he is. He’s super nervous about small things. Otherwise, he’s my missing puzzle piece. We just fit together, you know? I don’t know if you can tell from your conversations with him. And, before you ask, he’s a great kisser,” I grin.

“I’ve been paying more attention to how he looks at you during shows. I swear, Shay, he looks at you like you’re the only girl on this planet. He sees no one but you. And, girl, that Instagram post? I’d fall in love with him too!”

I love hearing her approval. “I just think things are going to go so well for us, Brie. I’ve never been happier.”

“I felt that way right when I met my husband. Some things you just know.”

Brie and I continue to compare our men, but not in a who’s better kind of way. We just compare stories and give compliments. We don’t just talk about our significant others, either. Brie gives me details on her fight with her sister. She tells me how sorry she is that Nikki is still bitter.

I’m not as bothered about Nikki being upset with me anymore. It sucks that she doesn’t want a thing to do with me right now, but I know we’ll get over it. I texted her once to try to mend the loss of our friendship, but she never responded. I reached out, and she wasn’t accepting it. I’ve done all I could.

In a way, both Brie and I are happy this new rivalry is starting. The in ring action could get our stress out and improve our out of ring relationships. That’s what I’m hoping, anyway. I mention to Brie John’s text to Seth, and Brie looks surprised. “I had no idea he’d do that. But he’s so genuine, it’s probably him trying to clear any possible tensions.”

“That’s exactly what I thought, too. I haven’t mentioned in detail to Seth about my problems with Nikki because he worries so much. He was so worked up about Dolph before we were together. I don’t know how he’ll handle this.”

Brie just shrugs. “Give him the benefit of the doubt. I’m sure it’ll be fine.”

I try to feel that way, but I’m still overwhelmed with curiosity about Seth meeting John. I wonder if Seth will even go through with it. If Seth doesn’t text John back, maybe I’ll just ask to help ease Seth’s nervousness.

After my night with Brie, the next few days are fully revolved around work. I have interviews, photoshoots, business meetings, meet and greets, and continuous training. There’s a lot of press when you’re champion, and I love all of it. I spend most nights talking to Seth on the phone. His days are very similar to mine, but his schedule is a little more jam packed.

Wednesday night, Seth calls me. I’m laying in bed playing games on my phone, and don’t expect the call, but I’m glad to have it. I answer the call right away. “Hey, babe. What’s up?”

“I just got off the phone with John. I finally texted him back,” Seth says. He doesn’t sound thrilled.

“What happened?” I ask curiously.

“I just didn’t know things were that bad between you and Nikki,” is all Seth says.

“I told you we weren’t getting along,” I say, trying to lighten the situation.

“You didn’t let on to how bad it was, Shay. I just don’t know why you didn’t tell me.”

Hearing Seth upset bothers me immensely, but I’ve been trying to prevent him from getting this upset.”Well, what did he say? Why did he text you?”

“He reached out to apologize for Nikki, I guess. You’re, like, an extended member of the Bella family because you’re so close to Brie, or something like that. Since we’re together, he wanted to apologize and reiterate that he isn’t feeling the same way that she is. He said he told you this, but he wanted to reach out to me, too, man to man. I don’t know.”

I let the information soak in. “I told you it probably wouldn’t be that bad to call him,” I say cheerfully.

I can hear Seth sigh on the other end of the line. “But you didn’t tell me Nikki disliked you so much it would lead to this phone call. I was blindsided.”

“I know, and I’m sorry. I didn’t think it was really that bad, and I really didn’t want to stress you out.”

“What happened to your business is mine?” Seth says, sounding hurt.

I wish I was there to comfort him, but all I can do is apologize. Maybe I should’ve provided more details, but this is what I’ve been trying to prevent. “My business is yours. I did tell you these things. I just didn’t want it to be like the Dolph thing, where you do take it too personally. I’m not losing sleep over Nicole, so why are you?”

There’s some silence on the line. Eventually, Seth groans. “That’s ridiculous.”

I try to reason with Seth, but we both feel differently. After fifteen minutes of an unproductive argument, I give up. “The fact that this is causing a fight between us is mind blowing to me. I’m not dealing with this. I’ll see you tomorrow at the show.” I hang up and let out a long sigh I’ve been holding back. I don’t understand how something so little can escalate into an argument. I hate fighting with Seth, but this fight shouldn’t have even happened.

I’m excited for work tomorrow, but I’d be even more excited if this could be worked out beforehand.