What Love Does

Back To The Streets

“Jade, hun, wake up.”

I heard RyRo’s soft voice and woke up slowly. I realized that we were still in the living room, on the couch, and I was laying on RyRo’s chest. I smiled up at him and slowly said, “Morning, sweety.”

“Common Jadey, we gotta get ready to go to the studio. It’s gonna be a big day.”

“Why...?” I couldn’t finish my question as RyRo had put his hand over my mouth and said to go get ready.

***

When we were ready, we got in RyRo’s car and drove to the FBR studio. We were actually early, so we sat in the car for a while, and RyRo popped in a CD and changed to the 5th song.

“Jade, do you know what band this is?” He asked me with a smile. He thought he had me stumped. Of course, he thought wrong.

“AHHH! I LOVE THIS SONG!!! The song is Issues, the band is Mindless Self Indulgence, and the album is If!” I had purposely said this with a lot of enthusiasm, as I loved this band. Plus, all these years we’ve been friends; RyRo’s been trying to find a band that I didn’t know about. He’s still yet to find one, haha.

He groans and says, “Ugh, Jade. You know way to much music!”

“Of course honey, music is my passion.”

I kiss his lips, and then tell him we should be heading into the studio, even if Brendon, Jon, and Spencer weren’t there. So we walk in, and sit on the couch, waiting for them.

They finally got there, and they started practicing. RyRo had told me that they we’re going to make a new album soon, so they were trying out different ideas. Then, while they were still practicing in the FBR studio, I hear the door open and who else to I see but Pete Wentz in the opening?

“PETEY!” I scream. I haven’t seen Pete in forever! The boys stop playing and stare at me while I go up and hug Pete so tight I think he can’t breathe.

He laughs and pulls away, “Damn, Jade. It’s nice to see you too!”

The boys come up and hug Pete too, and then Spence asks, “So whatcha doing here Pete?”

“Well guys, I came to ask something about the new album.”

Jon smiles and says, “Ask anything you want!”

So Pete smiles and says, “Well, I’ve heard from Brendon that you guys have almost every song that you want on the album written, so I came to ask if you guys would like to head up to Chicago to start recording?”

Our mouths dropped open; the boys and I seriously did not expect to be recording in Chicago! It’s where the main studio is; we just thought that we’d be recording in a branch in some other random city. Plus, I originally lived in Chicago and I hadn’t been there for ages. The boys have only been there on tour, so I guess I’m gonna have to take them around. But that’s all right; I’ve missed Chicago way too much to care.

So, then, after a long pause, we all scream, “Holy shit, YES!”

Pete smiles and starts talking about the details, and finally, when he’s done, he awkwardly says, “Well... erm, you see, we can’t exactly afford to send you on a plane, so that means you have to take a tour bus.”

We’re all so excited that we could care less, so RyRo says to Pete, “That’s fine, we don’t mind.”

Pete nods, then looks at me. “Also, I’m pretty sure Jade here isn’t supposed to come, but I’ll make an exception.” He grins at me and I grin back, glad that Pete and I are good friends.

It’s silent for a while, and then I slyly smile and say, “Ahh, a road trip back to the streets of Chicago. What fun we’ll have.”
♠ ♠ ♠
it would be nice if they really did record it in Chicago.
none of this is true though, its a fanFIC after all.
but still, i used Chicago cuz it's my hometown and the bestest city on earth :]
this ain't the bestest chapter, but i love it :]