Status: Trying to get back into the swing of things. Comments would be much appreciated.

Without You.

Out Of Town.

The next day I spent with my grandparents. In the morning I helped my grandmother in the garden and then I spent some time in the shop with Grampy.
After my mother came home from work, she was a nurse at the local hospital, we ate supper and were now sitting in the living room talking. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I hauled it out to see a text from Henry.
<Hey, what're you up to?> It read.
<Hey, hanging out with the family.> I sent back.
It took a few moments for him to reply. I glanced down at my phone as it vibrated once more and I opened the message.
<Sounds like so much fun.> I could just hear the sarcasm in his voice and it brought a smile to my face.
<So fun :/> I texted, ignoring the conversation around me.
<Want to go for a ride on my motorcycle?>
<I'd love to! Need to go home first.>
<I'll be there in 45 minutes.> Henry responded and I grinned, shoving my phone in my pocket.
"Well, I think I'll head back down to the cottage." I stated, standing from the couch.
"Thanks for spending the day with us." Grammie said with a smile.
"I'll take you out for our fish and chips sometime later this week." My grandfather told me as I leaned down to give him a hug.
"Sounds great, love you." I told him and went to hug my mother and grandmother.
"I'll see you Wednesday night." Mom said and I nodded, we were going shopping.
I texted Henry once I arrived at the cottage to let him know he could come whenever and then busied myself getting ready.

"Eva," I heard Henry's voice calling me and the screen door's loud creak as it opened.
"Hey," I appeared from the bedroom and caught his eye, my cheeks flushing. I felt so embarrassed about the other night.
"Are you blushing already?" Henry laughed as he came towards me and stopped, standing a little too close for comfort.
"I was just thinking about-" I shook my head. I didn't even want to bring it up. "Never mind, maybe I am."
"Are you ready to go, cutie?" He laughed, his sparkling eyes staring down at me.
"Yes." My cheeks were now burning, I could feel how red they were and it made me even more embarrassed.
"Any place in particular you wanna go?" Henry asked as he took my hand and led me towards the front door.
"Not really." I shut the door behind us and let go of Henry's hand to lock the door.
"Nothing you want to see?" He tried again.
"A scenic drive would be nice." I replied and walked down the few steps to the driveway.
"Scenic drive. Okay, I can work with that."
I laughed, reaching for the sunglasses resting on the top of my head and pulled them down to shade my eyes. I went to where Henry was standing by the motorbike.
"Here's a helmet for you." He said and handed me a black half helmet.
"Thanks." I smiled and put it on.
"Come closer."
I took a few more steps forward and looked up at him. Henry ran the back of his hand down my cheek and then fastened the strap of my helmet for me. He got on the motorcycle, a helmet already on his head and grinned at me.
"Hop on."
I held on to his shoulders as I stepped on the peg and swung my leg over the seat. I sat down and tentatively placed my hands on his sides. Henry reached for my hands and pulled me close to him; so that my chest was resting on his back and my arms were wrapped around his middle. He turned on the engine and started out of the driveway. Henry drove slowly down the dirt road, swerving to avoid the potholes.
"What time do you want to be home?" He asked, stopping the bike as we reached the beginning of the pavement and he looked over his shoulder at me.
"It doesn't matter." I shrugged.
"Sounds good to me." Henry grinned and turning back to the road, began driving.
I loved motorcycles, they were so freeing. You weren't trapped in a box, you could feel the wind blowing all around you and breathe the fresh air. I enjoyed the passing scenery as I held tightly on to Henry and couldn't help but notice how solidly built he was. I groaned, feeling my body start to tingle as inappropriate thoughts popped into my mind. I had to get over my crush on him. Gia's warning came to mind and I frowned. What was she talking about? I tried to shake it from my mind, not wanting to ruin a good time. I'll give him three weeks like she said, I thought to myself.
We were in the country, driving along a relatively flat road, lined on either sides with pine trees. For a long time that was all there was, but then we passed a few homes, the road turned and the ocean was right in front of us. Henry pulled off the road on to a small round dirt parking area and came to a stop. He shut the bike off and leaned it on the kickstand. He grinned at me as he glanced over his shoulder, his face close to mine.
"You can let go now." Henry teased.
I blushed and unwrapped myself from his torso. I held on to his shoulders and hopped off the bike. I undid the strap of the helmet as Henry got from the motorbike and took his off. He set the helmet down on the seat, I handed him mine and he set it beside his.
"I figured it's been awhile since you've seen the ocean." He told me as he stood beside me, his arm brushing against mine.
"Or smelt it." I laughed, the air was so salty you could almost taste it.
"Want to go for a walk?" Henry asked with a chuckle.
"Why not." I shrugged.
Henry held my hand as he guided me down the rocks to the beach. I could feel the light blush on my cheeks. I was perfectly capable of getting down myself, I didn't need his help, but the gesture was sweet and so I played along. When we reached the shore, I looped my arm through Henry's and we began walking down the sandy beach.
"So, what did you do today?"
"I was with my grandparents all day." I told him.
"The entire day?"
"Yes."
"What did you do?" He repeated with a laugh.
"Lots of things."
"Sounds like fun."
"It was." I defended and then changed the subject. "What did you do all day?"
"I went to work for a few hours, came home, painted the fence and washed my bike."
"That sounds even more exciting."
"It wasn't." He grinned at me. "That's why I had to come see you."
"What do you mean?" I blushed.
"I needed the company of a beautiful woman to bring some excitement into my day."
"I think you may have messaged the wrong person." I told him with a laugh, blush creeping on to my face.
Henry chuckled and we fell silent as we continued walking along the shore. The landscape was so beautiful and serene. The ocean so vast, the waves rolling and crashing on to the shore. The air was a bit chilly as the sun began setting and there were gusts of a salty cool breeze every few moments. I let my arm fall from Henry's and he smoothly grasped my hand, entwining his big rough fingers with mine.
"I'm going out of town on Thursday." Henry broke the silence.
"For how long?"
"Until Sunday." He answered. "But I'm going to be really busy with work the next couple days, so I probably won't see you until I get back."
"Where are you going?" I questioned.
"I'm going to my -uhhh- friend's house on the Island."
"Sounds like fun." I replied, pretending to be oblivious of his hesitation.
"Yeah I guess it will be."
I glanced up at him with a frown, trying to figure out what was going on. He was staring off into the distance, he looked conflicted, almost guilty and my frown deepened.
"I'm getting a bit chilly," I told him. "Maybe we should head back now."
"Alright," Henry nodded and pulled his hand from mine, the feeling of his flingers slipping through mine made me tingle.
"Do you want my jacket?" He asked.
"No, I'm fine." I replied, smiling up at him as I shook my head.
We turned and began heading back towards the parking area.
"So, when are you going back out west?" Henry questioned.
Why did everyone want to know when I was going home? I sighed.
"I'm not sure." I replied with a shrug. "I haven't really decided yet."
"Well, what about your job?"
"They said they would preferably like me back by September, but we will see."
"Sounds like they are pretty nice people to work for."
"They are." I nodded and we fell silent.
"Have you talked to your boyfriend?" Henry asked, sounding as though he was regretting every word as he spoke them. "You know, I don't think I even know his name." He added.
"His name is Jacob and I don't really want to talk about him." I told Henry keeping my eyes trained on the sand in front of me as I walked
"Okay, I'm sorry."
"Oh, it's fine." I felt bad for snapping at him. "I'm sorry, I'd just rather not think about him right now."
"I'd rather not either and besides, we need to put a smile back on that gorgeous face of yours."
"Henry." I could feel the blush creeping on to my cheeks.
"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" His voice was deep and seductive.
"Stop it!" I laughed, my face was burning now and I swatted at his arm playfully.
"Eva, I know you have a boyfriend and things are complicated at the moment. I just want you to know that I'm always here for you as a friend if you need me."
"Thanks Henry, you're so sweet."
"But if you ever want to have some fun," he continued, glancing down at me with a seductive smirk on his face. "I'm always down for that."
"And there it is." I groaned jokingly. "I knew you were too good to be true."
Henry pulled me to a stop.
"I'm not perfect Eva, I have flaws just like every one else." At first it was hard to tell if he was still joking, but there was a look in his eyes that told me he was serious.
"Well, you're pretty close to it." I teased with a grin, trying to keep things light.
"You're making it hard to forget how irresistible I am to you."
"Please don't go there." I groaned.
Henry laughed.
"You go first." He told me as we came to a stop at the bottom of the small hill leading to the parking area.
I stepped on to a smaller rock and from there began climbing from rock to rock until I reached the grass. Henry was right behind me and we walked the short distance to his bike in silence. We simultaneously grabbed our helmets from the seat and placed them on our heads.
The sun had finally set as we headed back and it was becoming chilly as darkness enveloped us. I kept my arms tightly wrapped around Henry, sitting as close to him as possible, trying to stay warm. I was so confused, I didn't know what to make of Henry. I knew his teasing was harmless fun, but did I want more than that? I couldn't help my attraction towards him, not only was he gorgeous, but he was also the sweetest and kindess man I knew. My chest weighed with guilt, how could I forget about Jacob, even if at the moment things between us were complicated. I sighed and glanced over Henry's shoulder. Thankfully the turn off for the cottage road was just ahead.
As soon as Henry parked in the driveway, I hopped off and tried to unbuckle my helmet with my cold trembling hands. Henry stepped in front of me and gently pushed my hands aside, swiftly unfastening the strap and lifting the helmet from my head. I reached up and smoothed my hair as Henry placed the helmet on the seat of the bike.
"Eva," he scolded, a frown on his face as he took my hands between his big warm ones. "You should have told me you were cold."
"I'm fine." I told him, smiling at his concern for me. "Want to come inside?"
"Sure." Henry nodded and followed me up the steps and into the cottage.
"Get comfortable and have a seat, I'm just going to change." I told him as I turned the lamp on beside the couch.
"Alright." Henry nodded again, he took his shoes off and then his jacket, hanging it on the rack.
I left him in the main area and went into my room. I pulled off my jeans and replaced them with leggings. I kept my hoodie on and opened the door to the bedroom to see Henry sitting on the couch. When he saw me, he patted the seat next to him and with a smile, I moved to sit beside him. Henry wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I tucked my legs up on to the couch.
"What do you do here by yourself all the time?" Henry asked. "You don't even have a TV."
"I usually spend most of the day outside, but I read or bake."
"You can bake me things any time!" He grinned looking down at me.
"I have cookies in the freezer if you want some." I told him.
"Yes please."
I set my feet back on the floor and stood from the couch. Henry reached out his hand, motioning for me to help him up.
"I'm not going to be of much help." I laughed as I held his hand with both of mine, pulling with all my might and yet Henry wouldn't budge.
He pushed himself off the couch with ease and I was slammed into his chest. Henry swiftly wrapped his arms around me and leaned in towards me, staring at me intently. I stood frozen, unsure of what he was about to do. He came very close to my lips and then planted his on my cheek. I let out a sigh of relief and even though I didn't want to admit it, a bit of disappointment. I could feel my cheeks flushing with embarrassment and Henry pulled away dropping his arms to his sides as he grinned down at me.
"Such a tease." I grumbled under my breath as I turned and headed the short distance to the kitchen.
"What did you say?" Henry chuckled as he followed behind me.
"How many cookies do you want?" I asked, opening the freezer and taking out the bag of chocolate chip cookies.
I shut the freezer door behind me and turned, setting the bag on the table. Henry was now seated across the table from me. I reached underneath the table, which had been converted into shelves and grabbed a plate.
"The whole bag."
"Okay." I laughed seeing the mischievous grin on his face. I opened the bag and began dumping cookies on to the plate.
"Eva, I was joking!" He exclaimed. "I'll only have four."
"You should have said so then." I teased and he stuck his tongue out at me.
I left six cookies on the plate, placing them in the microwave and then put the rest back into the freezer. When I turned around to ask Henry a question, he was standing right in front of me. I inhaled sharply as my body jolted in shock.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Henry said placing his hands on my arms.
"That's okay." I replied, letting out a deep breath.
Henry gently moved me so that my back was against the table. He ran his hands down my arms and then gripped the back of my thighs, lifting me to sit on the table top. Henry's hands were still on the side of my thighs as he stared at me.
"How mad would you be mad if I kissed you right now?" He asked.
"Depends on where?" I replied.
"On where?" He questioned.
"On where you kissed me." I clarified, my face hot with embarrassment and he burst out laughing.
"How about your cheek?" Henry asked in a low voice as he gripped my thighs and pulled me closer to him.
"That'd be fine." I replied, feeling a bit anxious.
Henry leaned forward and pressed his hot wet lips to my cheek. He lifted his right hand and placed it on the back of my neck.
"What about your neck?"
"Maybe." I was hesitant, but I was enjoying the feeling of his body close to mine and the way his lips made my skin tingle as he trailed kisses down my neck.
"And your lips?" Henry's voice was deep and husky, his eyes dark with lust as he pulled his lips from my neck to stare at me.
"I-I don't know." I stammered.
"Well, let's find out." His face was dangerously close to mine and I closed my eyes in nervous anticipation.
The loud beep from the microwave startled me and my eyes flew back open.
"The cookies are done." I was very flustered, my hands on his chest trying to push him away.
Henry stepped back, a grin spread across his face and helped me off the counter. In silence, I walked to the microwave and took out the plate. I set it on the table and then stopped to look up at Henry.
"Do you want some milk?" I asked quietly.
"Please." Henry replied with a nod as he took a cookie.
I got the milk from the fridge and two glasses from the shelf and placed them on the counter. Henry reached for the carton and poured us both a glass.
"Best cookie I ever had." He told me after he'd taken a bite.
"You're just saying that." I replied blushing.
"I am not!" Henry protested, taking another one from the plate. "They're perfect, you're perfect."
"Oh stop!" I exclaimed with a laugh, feeling embarrassed.
"Just letting you know how I feel." He shrugged and took a bite.
Once Henry had eaten most of the cookies and I had had one, Henry moved closer to me and stood in front of me, trapping me against the counter.
"It's getting late, I should probably go." He told me.
"Y-You probably should." I stammered in agreement as Henry pressed his body against mine.
"I'll miss you." Henry said lowly, his lips brushing against my jaw near my ear.
"Me-me too." His lips trailed down my neck, leaving my skin tingling and my body trembling.
"Eva," Henry pulled away and looked down at me seriously. "You'll let me know if I'm making you uncomfortable, right?"
"Yes." I nodded smiling lightly at him.
"That being said," he smiled mischievously at me and leaned towards me. "Don't be too mad at me."
I frowned, confused as to what he was about to do, he brought both his hands up and gently cupped my face. Henry leaned in and my eyes fluttered shut as his soft moist lips met mine for a brief moment. He pulled away and smiled down at me, his eyes searching my face for a sign. My lips tingled and that's all I could focus on. I didn't know what to say or do.
"Are you alright?" He asked, looking a bit worried after I still hadn't said anything.
"I'm fine."
"I should leave before I get myself into anymore trouble."
"I think so too." I agreed.
Henry stepped back and I followed him to the front door.
"I'll see you when I get back?"
"Okay." I nodded. "Have a good trip."
"I'll try." He replied and leaned down to give me a short hug.
Henry opened the door and stepped outside.
"Have a good night Eva." He said with a smile.
"Night Henry." I smiled back and watched as he walked down the steps to his bike. Once he was on and had it started, I shut the door and locked it behind me.
I walked into my bedroom and plopped down on my bed, the only light coming from the small cracks around the door. I couldn't believe that he had just kissed me and I couldn't believe that I let him! It felt so wrong, but so good. I couldn't deny the way his hands and lips made my body feel, I shivered just thinking about it. It was only a tiny kiss and I had to make sure it stayed that way. I had to stop whatever was happened between us. I was thankful that he was leaving for almost a week, it would give me some time to think.

Wednesday evening, my mother came to pick me up at the cottage and we drove across the river to the mall.
"I can't believe you're finally home!" Mom exclaimed as we headed across the parking lot towards the entrance.
"I know, I can't believe I've been away for so long."
"It's nice having you back for awhile." She smiled at me as I held the door open for her and she stepped inside.
"Well, I see the mall hasn't changed much." I laughed, following behind her.
Our mall wasn't much of a mall at all, I mean it didn't even have a food court. If you stood in the centre of the hallway, you could see each end of the mall and there were fifteen stores in total.
"It never does." She agreed and we walked into the first store.
After checking out most the of stores and making a few purchases, we went into the last clothing store. I glanced around at the selection and stopped short as I noticed the woman behind the counter. It was Evan's mom. My heartbeat jumped from my chest and my palms quickly became sweaty. I couldn't let her see me, I had to get out of there now.
"Mom, we have to leave." I said shakily as I grabbed her arm.
She didn't ask any questions, just nodded as she saw who was standing at the till and quickly followed me out of the store.
"Are you okay Eva?" Mom asked, looking concerned as we left the building and began walking back to the car.
"I'll be fine," I replied trying to breathe normally. "I just needed to get out of there."
"I can't stand it Eva," she growled. "Something should have been done a long time ago about him."
"Mom it's fine," I sighed. "I'll be okay, she just caught me off guard."
"As long as you're okay." She said, smiling gently at me as we both got in the car and buckled our seatbelts.
Mom turned the car on and we drove back across the river.
"Are you sure you don't want to sleep at the house tonight?" Mom asked as she pulled into the cottage driveway.
"I'm sure." I nodded and opened the car door.
"Well just call if you need me."
"I will." I agreed and shut the door behind me as I stepped out.
"Goodnight Eva, love you." Mom called out her window as I walked around the car and up the steps to the cottage door.
"Love you too Mom, night." I replied and unlocked the door, stepping inside and shutting it behind me.
Now that I was alone, I couldn't shake the anxiety I was feeling. Had she seen me? If so, would she tell Evan? Was he still living in town? I paced the cottage, shutting all the blinds and rechecking to make sure the windows and doors were locked. I didn't want to be alone, but I didn't want anyone here either. I didn't want to worry my mother or my grandparents. I pulled my phone from my pocket and dialled Jacob's number.
"Hello Eva." He answered on third ring, his voice so deep and soothing.
"Hi." I breathed.
"Are you okay?"
"I'm fine, just freaking out a little."
"Want to tell me what's going on?" Jacob asked.
"Mom and I went to the mall tonight." I replied.
"That sounds like fun."
"We saw Evan's mother." I told him, my whole body tensing as his name left my lips.
"Are you alright? Did she see you?" He asked, finally understanding my panic.
"I don't know, I should never have left the cottage. What if she did see me? What if she tells him? What if-"
"Eva," Jacob cut me off. "Just take a minute to breathe, okay?"
"But what if he comes looking for me now?"
"If he even so much as looks at you the wrong way, I will come down there and beat his ass." Jacob growled, his voice menacing.
I didn't say anything. Jacob had always been protective of me and I felt safe when he was around. At that moment I wished he could be here. I missed him, I missed the way his arms hugged me and the feeling of his body pressed against mine. I wanted his comfort and love. Jacob sighed through the phone.
"I doubt she saw you, she was probably busy and besides, if she did, do you really think she'd tell him? She knows what he's like." He reasoned.
"I guess that's true, but-"
"Eva," Jacob stopped me. "Please try to relax, I highly doubt anything will happen and besides, it's not like you don't know how to kick ass."
"That is true." I couldn't help but let out a small laugh, remembering all the times I had tried beating up Jacob.
"You'll be just fine." Jacob reassured.
"I'm glad you think so."
"Did you buy anything at the mall?" He asked, changing the subject.
"A few things, a couple shirts and a bikini." I replied.
"I'm sure it looks great on you." I could hear the smirk in his voice.
"As a matter of fact it does." I grinned.
"You should put it on and send me a picture." Jacob teased.
"In your dreams." I laughed.
"You're already in my dreams."
"Oh stop it." I blushed.
"I miss you Eva." Jacob said seriously.
"I miss you too." I sighed.
For a moment neither of us spoke. I walked into my bedroom and flopped down on the bed. I couldn't help but wonder what he was doing without me there. Was he constantly drinking? Had he invited her over?
"Well it's getting late and I've got to get up early tomorrow." Jacob finally said.
"I'll let you go then."
"Are you feeling better now?" He asked.
"Yes, you go to bed." I replied.
"I love you."
"I know."
"Goodnight ."
"Night." I said and ended the call.
I stood from the bed and left the room, leaving my phone on the mattress. I had to keep my mind occupied so I could try and relax, I washed the dishes I had used earlier and tidied up the rest of the cottage. Once I was finished, I shut off all the lights, went into the bedroom and laid down on the bed.
I couldn't get my mind off Jacob or that woman, I didn't even know her name, but it was probably better that way. I was losing my mind wondering if they had shared more than a few kisses. I was still angy about that incident, but what right did I have to be mad now? I sighed. I may not have been the prettiest or the smartest, but I was so good to him, I gave him everything he needed and wanted. Was that not enough for him? I knew he loved me, but sometimes that wasn't enough. She was so beautiful and maybe I just couldn't compete with that.
My phone buzzed beside me, simultaneously casting a ray of light towards the ceiling. I reached for it and held it over my face, squinting at the brightness, it was a text from Henry.
<Good morning sweetie, hope you had a great sleep!>
I couldn't help but smile. I glanced at the time on the corner of my screen and texted him back.
<It's 11 PM.>
I hadn't realized it was so late. I set my phone back down beside me and let out a sigh. Why was Henry so nice to me and what was he hiding? My phone vibrated once more and I lifted it to see what he had replied.
<Sorry! I didn't mean to wake you up, thought you'd be asleep and see it in the morning.>
<It's okay, I haven't even gone to bed yet.> I responded, not wanting him to feel bad. <Why are you still up?> I asked and it took him a few minutes to reply.
<Just got back from work.>
<You must be tired! Don't you leave town tomorrow?>
<Unfortunately. Wish I didn't have to wait for Monday to see you.> Henry texted back and I smiled. He was so cute.
<You could always come over now for a minute if you want.> I regretted my actions as soon as the message delivered and I stared at my phone for what seemed like forever before he answered.
<Are you sure?>
<Yes, unless you're too tired.> I replied, feeling like a teenager all nervous and awkward.
<I'll be right over.> Henry responded with a winky face, I didn't bother texting back.
What was I thinking? I groaned to myself. Was it too late to change my mind? I kicked back the blankets and stood from the bed, then took a pair of shorts from off the floor and hauled them on. I yanked my hoodie over my head and left the bedroom. I flicked on the lights in the main area, then walked to the door and turned the porch light on. I went into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water. As I took a sip, there was a knock on the door and I set the glass down, walking back across the room. I unlocked the door and turned the knob, opening it to find Henry standing there. He was dressed in a black hoodie and green pyjama pants, his hair was messy, his dark curls pointing in all directions. I just wanted to bring him straight into my bed, he looked so cuddly and warm.
"Hello Eva." Henry spoke first, a grin spread across his face showing off his dimples.
"Hi Henry." I replied shyly, stepping aside to let him in.
Once he was inside, I shut the door behind him and locked it. I watched as Henry took off his shoes, walked to the couch and plopped down. Just like the other night, he stared at me and silently patted the space beside him. I took the few steps across the room and sat next to him. Henry immediately wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into his side. I snuggled close, enjoying his warmth and comfort.
"So, how are things?" He asked.
"Okay, I guess."
"You seem sad." He remarked.
"I'm just really tired, but can't fall asleep." I half lied, hoping he'd buy it and not ask any more questions.
"I could lie down with you." Henry suggested. When I didn't reply, he began to explain himself. "I mean, I know that if you're used to sleeping with someone, it can be hard falling asleep on your own. No funny business, I promise."
"That sounds nice." I replied. "You are quite cozy."
"Lead the way."
Henry took him arm from my shoulder and I pulled myself off the couch. He stood behind me and took my hand. I led him across the room and shut off the light, before heading into the bedroom. I let go of Henry's hand and pulled my sweater over my head, leaving me in a tank top. Henry did the same, revealing a t-shirt underneath and climbed into bed after me. I was so nervous and tried to control the involuntary trembling of my body. How had this happened? What was going to happen? I was so confused, yet filled with nervous excitement. Henry laid on his back, with me lying on my side cuddled into him, my arm across his chest and my leg swung over his thighs. I began to relax as Henry soothingly ran his hand along my side and back, the heat from his body making me drowsy.
"I'm glad I got to see you again before I leave." Henry commented in a quiet voice.
"Me too." I agreed. "What time do you leave tomorrow?
"Probably around noon."
"You're going to be exhausted!" I exclaimed, tilting my head back to glance at him.
"I'll be fine, you're worth it."
"Why do you say things like that?" I blurted out.
"Just letting you know how I feel." Henry grinned down at me. "And besides, it's all true."
"You're so bad." I laughed, thankful that he wasn't able to see how red my cheeks were in the dim light.
"So, what're your plans for the rest of the week?" He asked, changing the subject.
"I don't really have any, I'll probably just hang out here." I wanted to stay away from town for a few days.
"Could I ask you for a favour?"
"Of course." I replied, curious as to what he wanted.
"Would you mind keeping Chewbacca while I'm gone?"
"I wouldn't mind at all, it'll be nice to have some company." I told him. And some protection, I thought.
"Thank you, my dad was going to watch him, but now he wants to take his girlfriend out of town for the weekend." Henry explained with a chuckle.
"No problem, just bring him over before you leave."
"You're the sweetest." Henry told him as he leaned towards me, kissing my forehead.
We fell quiet, Henry brought his free hand down and slipped it under my knee, gripping my calf. He was so comfy and I snuggled closer to his warmth. My eyes slowly closed and I drifted to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!