Status: Trying to get back into the swing of things. Comments would be much appreciated.

Without You.

Never Mind.

That night I was lying on the couch with the dog lying on the floor beside me, reading another one of my books. All of a sudden there was someone banging on the front door. Chewbacca was on his feet in an instant with a loud bark. I jumped in shock and my heart began to race as fear set in. It was late, most people would be at home in bed by now. I hesitantly stood and quietly made my way to the door. Chewy let out another deep bark from beside me.
"Chewy shut up, it's me!" I heard Henry's voice coming from outside and relief swept through me as the dog became silent. I unlocked the door and pulled it open.
"Henry, you almost gave me a heart attack!" I scolded, scowling at him.
"I'm sorry beautiful." He opened the screen door and stepped towards me. Wrapping his arms around me, he pulled me to his chest and held me tight. I could smell the alcohol on him.
"What are you doing here?" I questioned, my hands on his chest as I attempted to push him away.
"I came to see you and Chewy." He replied.
"I thought you wouldn't be back until tomorrow?"
Ignoring me, Henry let me go and turned his attention to the excited dog at his feet. I shut and locked the door. I watched as he stumbled a bit as he bent down to Chewy's level.
"Did you miss me buddy?" Henry asked the dog. Chewy's tongue shot out and licked Henry's face.
"Gross!" He grumbled staggering backwards. I watched as he stood straight, sauntered towards the couch and flopped down. Henry grinned at me.
"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?"
"Here we go again." I groaned, but couldn't help the grin spreading across my face.
"I'm serious."
"I thought you were gone until tomorrow?" I repeated my question.
"I decided to come back early." Henry replied, his grin fading. Did you even leave at all? I thought with a frown.
"Did you have a good time?" I asked.
"Not really."
"Why not?"
"I'd rather not talk about it." Henry grumbled and my frown deepened.
"If you say so." I moved to sit beside him.
"How'd you get so pretty." Henry changed the subject, his grin reappeared.
"Are you drunk?" I questioned.
"No,"
"Okay, well have you been drinking?" I rephrased.
"Perhaps, but that doesn't change the fact that you're gorgeous."
"Oh, stop it." I blushed.
"Never."
Henry inched closer to me and took my hand in his, interlacing our fingers. I glanced down, his hand was probably twice as big as mine and he could most likely break all my fingers if he squeezed hard enough. I frowned, why would I even think about that? Henry's palm was warm against mine and his touch gentle, his thumb slowly circling the top of my hand, making my skin tingle. I stretched my fingers out straight and he followed, doing the same. He had the nicest hands, I know that sounds weird, but I have a thing for hands. His fingers were long and slender, my thumb smaller than the width of his pinky. I slowly pulled my fingers from his, enjoying the feeling of his rough skin sliding against mine. When my fingers reached the tips of his, I slid them back down interlocking our fingers once more. Henry curled his fingers around mine so I couldn't move them.
"What are you thinking about?" He asked me.
"How nice your hands are." I replied.
"Nice?" He let out a chuckle. "They're all rough."
"I like it."
"Oh do you now?" I looked up at him and saw a grin spread across his face.
"Yes," I blushed, breaking eye contact.
"What else do you like about me?"
"Lots of things." I said shyly.
"Such as?" He pressed.
"I'm not telling."
"Why not?"
"Because I wouldn't want it to go to your head." I responded, grinning up at him.
"It would not, I'm very humble."
"Hah, I'm sure you are."
"Well knowing you like me is good enough for me." He grinned back and leaning towards me, pressed his lips to my cheek.
"Henry," I started, I wanted to tell him we couldn't do this, but I didn't at the same time.
"Yes babe?"
"Never mind," I replied shaking my head. I felt guilty for wanting him.
"Are you sure?" Henry asked. I felt his hand gently cup my chin and he turned my head so that I was looking at him. There was a slight frown on his brow as his eyes scanned mine.
"Yes, it's fine." I didn't want to get into it.
"Positive?"
"Yes, I promise." I tried to sound positive.
"Well, you know you can always talk to me, right?" He didn't want to drop it.
"I know, thank you."
Henry ran his hand down my cheek and left it resting on my neck as he leaned his head towards mine. I hesitated as his lips brushed against mine, but quickly gave in and deepened the kiss. I loved the way his lips felt against mine and the shivers that ran through me at his touch. Much to my dismay, he pulled away and stared down at me.
"It's late," he stated. "I should probably go."
"I'm not letting you drive," I frowned up at him. "You've been drinking."
"Oh I'm fine."
"It doesn't matter, you can stay here."
"Are you sure?" Henry asked, returning my frown.
"Yes, I'm sure."
"In your bed?"
"Only if you promise to behave."
"I always behave!" Henry said, feigning disbelief.
"Don't kid yourself." I laughed.
He stood from the couch and held his hand out for me. I took it and he pulled me to my feet. Wrapping his arms around me, he drew me in close and I rested my head on his chest. Henry kissed the top of my head and lightly squeezed me.
"Bring me to bed, I'm tired."
"Okay," I nodded and he released me from his grip.
Henry followed me into the bedroom and sat on the side of the bed. All of a sudden it seemed as though sadness washed over him and he looked troubled. I stared at him for a minute, before he finally caught my eye and gave me a gentle smile. There was a look in his eyes that I didn't recognize.
"You really are the sweetest thing." He said after a moment.
"I could say the same thing about you." I replied with a smile.
"No," he shook his head. "I'm not who you think I am."
"What do you mean?" I frowned.
"I'm not as nice as you think I am." He's response was so vague.
"You're nice to me."
"That's easy to do, but it doesn't mean that I'm a good person."
"I don't understand, what're you talking about?" I was confused.
"Never mind," Henry sighed. "It's just been a long couple of days and I've had a few drinks. Let's just go to bed."
"Well are you gonna take your clothes off, or you sleeping in your jeans tonight?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood.
"Am I hearing this right?" He grinned at me. "You want me to take my clothes off?"
"Hearing it wrong." I laughed.
Henry stood from the bed and I watched as he unbuckled his belt and undid his pants. He caught me watching and I could feel my cheeks turning pink as he winked at me. I crossed the room and got into bed, scooting over to make room. Neither of us said a word as Henry shut the light off and left us in darkness. I felt him crawl into bed and pull the covers over us. I felt slightly disappointed when he didn't move to try and cuddle with me and I closed my eyes, trying not to let it bother me. It shouldn't bother me.

There was a banging on the door and I frowned, not expecting company.
"Eva, let me in!" The voice roared from the other side and my heart lept from my chest as I realized who it was. Oh god, please tell me the door is locked. I panicked, hearing the doorknob jiggle.
"I'll get to you, one way or another!" Evan hollered, banging on the door.
My heart was pounding in my chest, I couldn't breathe, my palms beginning to sweat. What was I going to do? I noticed the phone in the kitchen and ran to it. I quickly dialed my mother's number and it felt like it rang forever.
"I'm sorry, the number you've dialed cannot be completed." I heard an automated lady's voice say on the other end of the phone. Evan appeared in the window and I let out a scream. I felt frozen in place, forgetting to breathe as I watched him turn the knob on the back door leading into the kitchen and it slowly swung open.
Run! My mind screamed, but my body wouldn't cooperate. I watched frozen in fear, my body trembling as he entered the house and came towards me. Run! Suddenly, as if a switch had flipped, my feet began to move and I bolted from the kitchen. I ran as fast as I could from the house, across the yard and into the woods. I kept running, glancing behind me to make sure that I wasn't being followed. Suddenly, I ran straight into something hard and fell backwards.
"I told you I'd get you." Evan grinned menacingly down at me and I scrambled to my feet.
"Stay away from me!" I yelled, backing away from him.
"You'll never get away from me Eva, there's no point in trying." He advanced towards me.
I stumbled again, tripping over a branch and fell to the ground. I couldn't control my trembling body, my racing heart and the sheer panic that had taken over. He was standing over me now, his eyes cold and a smirk spread across his face.
"Leave me alone!" I screamed at him.
"Eva, Eva honey, wake me." I heard a familiar voice say in the distance.
I frowned, confused as I felt my body being lightly shaken.
"Don't listen to him Eva, you're not getting away this time." Evan leaned over towards me and wrapped his hand around my neck, his fingers digging in to my skin as he tightened his grip.
I shot up in bed, my eyes flying open as I gasped for air. Disoriented, I looked around frantically and noticed Henry sitting up in bed beside me, staring.
"Eva, are you alright?" He was frowning, concern written all over his face.
"Ju-Just a bad dream." I stammered, trying to catch my breath.
"Yeah, I figured that much." Henry reached over and I flinched as he placed his hand on my back. It was an involuntary reaction. Gently he began rubbing slow circles along my back. I tried to regulate my breathing and slow down my racing heart as I took a few deep breaths.
"What were you dreaming about?" He asked.
"Nothing," I replied, embarrassed that he had once again witnessed one of these episodes.
"That wasn't nothing Eva."
"I'd rather not talk about it." I mumbled.
"Okay, well come here then." I sighed, glad that he was willing to drop it and let him pull me down beside him. I cuddled myself into the crook of his arm and he continued to rub my back.
"I'm sorry for waking you up." I told him in a whisper.
"Don't be ridiculous," now he sighed. "Do you have nightmares like that often?"
"It depends."
"On what?" Henry questioned.
"I don't really know."
"You kept saying stay away from me, who were you dreaming about?"
"I don't want to talk about it." I repeated.
"Eva, your boyfriend doesn't hurt you, does he?" His voice was low.
"No!" I exclaimed. Not in the way you're talking about anyways, I thought.
"Okay, I just wanted to make sure." Henry sounded relieved.
"It's not that." I told him.
"Well if you ever want to talk about it, I'm here."
"Thank you." I said and snuggled closer.